• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

MightyKAC

AAK said:
Ugh, I think I'm getting carried away with this hype thread I was thinking of, it's becoming a full on official thread of sorts. I was just right now typing up a description of Tag Crash and then I ended up doing a gif to explain it further like seen below:

jsoxar.gif

And then when I was explaining Netsu I ended up doing a gif of that as well :/

2iqlizo.gif

I lost track of what was just a basic necessity of hype threads and got carried away. Now I've put so much effort that I'm scared a mod would probably lock that thread assuming it's an official thread that's way too early in advance. Sigh, but I'll just continue working on it for now and then I'll see what to do with everything I've compiled later on.
Well if it's any consolation, at least you have the makings of a fine looking TTT2 guide there. :)

Sayah

AAK said:
Ugh, I think I'm getting carried away with this hype thread I was thinking of, it's becoming a full on official thread of sorts. I was just right now typing up a description of Tag Crash and then I ended up doing a gif to explain it further like seen below:

jsoxar.gif

And then when I was explaining Netsu I ended up doing a gif of that as well :/

2iqlizo.gif

I lost track of what was just a basic necessity of hype threads and got carried away. Now I've put so much effort that I'm scared a mod would probably lock that thread assuming it's an official thread that's way too early in advance. Sigh, but I'll just continue working on it for now and then I'll see what to do with everything I've compiled later on.
You must be putting a lot of work in this. When do you plan to have it up by?

AAK

Hybrid is pretty far away.... So maybe a couple weeks before TGS I'll have it up as a general Tekken hype thread with information about Tekken Prime Edition, Tekken Wii U, TTT2, and the little knowledge of Tekken x Street Fighter available all in that thread.

I'm working on it pretty gradually. The content is the easiest, thing, I just spent hours of time and bandwidth downloading videos for images and gifs LOL.

Sayah

AAK said:
Hybrid is pretty far away.... So maybe a couple weeks before TGS I'll have it up as a general Tekken hype thread with information about Tekken Prime Edition, Tekken Wii U, TTT2, and the little knowledge of Tekken x Street Fighter available all in that thread.

I'm working on it pretty gradually. The content is the easiest, thing, I just spent hours of time and bandwidth downloading videos for images and gifs LOL.

Awesome. More stuff will probably be announced at TGS as well, I would assume. Development is now probably in the beginning stages for Tekken X Street Fighter and the final stages for Tekken Tag 2. Just surprised at how the team is handling so many titles at once.

Sayah

I want to know what could be done with TXSF. Any of you have ideas? I want there to be a meter in Tekken for the first and only time (and maybe later if there's a TXSF 2 made). The health will need to be increased. It will of course have to and probably will be a tag matchup. And maybe when an opponent is "bound," instead of following up with the usual ending attacks, you can unleash a super/hyper if you've built up enough meter. Just simply giving projectiles to SF characters won't be much if they can all be easily sidestepped or ducked. Can't wait to see where this project goes, though. It's in the beginning stages and I'm hoping for at least a CG trailer if not actual gameplay soon.

AAK

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gaming-vision-network

T6 stream is on for GVN Summer Jam!

As for TxSF... I have NO CLUE at how they're going to do it. The way Tekken currently is, Projectiles, Jumping, teleports, etc. simply don't work. The only thing I can visualize is just a 3D Mortal Kombat. But I definitely am not expecting anything about that title soon. Maybe AOU 2013 the absolute earliest.

Sayah

AAK said:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gaming-vision-network

T6 stream is on for GVN Summer Jam!

As for TxSF... I have NO CLUE at how they're going to do it. The way Tekken currently is, Projectiles, Jumping, teleports, etc. simply don't work. The only thing I can visualize is just a 3D Mortal Kombat. But I definitely am not expecting anything about that title soon. Maybe AOU 2013 the absolute earliest.
AOU 2013? I sure hope not. It best be E3 2012 at the earliest. As for Mortal Kombat, I haven't played much of that after Deception and Armageddon. The gameplay just feels far too slow and clunky and I've heard it hasn't changed much since then. I try to stay from the series.

And great games, Rolento. Your Dragonuv was top notch. Really great with his mixups......which makes me want to use him now. :p

As far as Nina's Ivory cutter, if you get up or perform a "rising" attack after I've done it and I do a grab attack...the grab will override all your attacks. Stay ducked. Of course that can also leave you vulnerable but it comes down to knowing if I will grab or do another consecutive ivory cutter if you stay ducked.

I will also need to figure out how to guard myself against those low kicks and grab mixups you do with Dragonuv.

AAK

Well, the reason I say AOU2013 is because I assume TTT2 console will be released holiday 2012 by the latest, and I doubt they'd want to advertise TxSF in conjunction with TTT2 since it could interfere with the hype for that release. That's why I feel positive that it'll be properly revealed after TTT2's console release. Also the most appropriate trade show after the holiday season is AOU since TxSF will definitely be arcade exclusive for the first 8-12 months.

And the reason why I mentioned Mortal Kombat is because MK9 specifically incorporates so many things in common with SF like projectiles/overheads/teleports/meter management along with Tekken's juggle system and emphasis on string-based attacks. But MK is definitely unique with its absurdly long stuns mid juggle :p

Sayah said:
And great games, Rolento. Your Dragonuv was top notch. Really great with his mixups......which makes me want to use him now. :p

As far as Nina's Ivory cutter, if you get up or perform a "rising" attack after I've done it and I do a grab attack...the grab will override all your attacks. Stay ducked. Of course that can also leave you vulnerable but it comes down to knowing if I will grab or do another consecutive ivory cutter if you stay ducked.

I will also need to figure out how to guard myself against those low kicks and grab mixups you do with Dragonuv.

Yeah, I had a great time against your Nina and Anna mostly. I always make stupid choices against those two. Your Nina scares me when I'm at 0 range lol

Honestly though I was really pissed with myself. I predicted you'd do stuff and then you'd do it, but I would just not follow up with what I was expecting myself to do. A good example is that on alot of my wakeups from after being hit into a wall I was like "He's going to throw" and you did, but for some reason I decide to kick rather than escape >_<

I think the only thing I was happy about is that I didn't wake up too quickly like I normally do, like most people expect.

But yeah, no excuses on my part, I'm just not happy with how I was repping myself lol

some advice I can dish out though, though I'm not sure if you were just fucking around, but don't use unblockables so much. Yeah, they throw people off and you get nice hits, but against most people who've played Tekken for a while they can see it coming. I know my gut reaction when I see one immediately is to jab or just launch if I see it early enough.

I wanna play more though. I've been playing 3rd Strike online alot more now since this is the first time its finally kinda clicked for me, but I need to hop back to Tekken.

Maybe I should grow a beard to to gain Aris powers?

Sayah

RelentlessRolento said:
Yeah, I had a great time against your Nina and Anna mostly. I always make stupid choices against those two. Your Nina scares me when I'm at 0 range lol

Honestly though I was really pissed with myself. I predicted you'd do stuff and then you'd do it, but I would just not follow up with what I was expecting myself to do. A good example is that on alot of my wakeups from after being hit into a wall I was like "He's going to throw" and you did, but for some reason I decide to kick rather than escape >_<

I think the only thing I was happy about is that I didn't wake up too quickly like I normally do, like most people expect.

But yeah, no excuses on my part, I'm just not happy with how I was repping myself lol

some advice I can dish out though, though I'm not sure if you were just fucking around, but don't use unblockables so much. Yeah, they throw people off and you get nice hits, but against most people who've played Tekken for a while they can see it coming. I know my gut reaction when I see one immediately is to jab or just launch if I see it early enough.

I wanna play more though. I've been playing 3rd Strike online alot more now since this is the first time its finally kinda clicked for me, but I need to hop back to Tekken.

Maybe I should grow a beard to to gain Aris powers?

You probably forgot combos with the other characters like Bryan or Jack since you said you hadn't played for awhile. Despite that, your playstyle was really impressive with the mixups (especially with Dragonuv). There was a Dragonuv player I faced a few times a long time ago and his mix ups were just crazy. Wish I still had my old replay data so I could share it with you but unfortunately not. :/ I know once you get back into the swing of things, though, you'll probably do pretty well with him.

And yeah, I try to use unblockables sometimes when I'm on the verge of a K.O. I see them working better with Anna and Yoshi, although I still miss most of the time. I just use them to see if I can get a lucky hit but you're right. I should probably try to set up combos instead of doing that.

Another thing against Nina I can suggest is to roll "over" (by pressing square) instead of rolling "back" after I do her grab where she twists your arm and grabs you by the throat. If you roll back, then I can do her beautiful slap which will lead into another juggle. That's the one really beautiful thing about this game is that there's like 10 different ways of getting up after being knocked down and each one is sort of unique in different and varying situations.

As far as 3SOE, you should probably train me in that game since I suck. I still have to wait and practice a lot more until it starts to "click" for me. I gave up on Blazblue some time ago and SF is the only fighter series left that I feel the need to get better at.

Sayah

AAK said:
Well, the reason I say AOU2013 is because I assume TTT2 console will be released holiday 2012 by the latest, and I doubt they'd want to advertise TxSF in conjunction with TTT2 since it could interfere with the hype for that release. That's why I feel positive that it'll be properly revealed after TTT2's console release. Also the most appropriate trade show after the holiday season is AOU since TxSF will definitely be arcade exclusive for the first 8-12 months.

And the reason why I mentioned Mortal Kombat is because MK9 specifically incorporates so many things in common with SF like projectiles/overheads/teleports/meter management along with Tekken's juggle system and emphasis on string-based attacks. But MK is definitely unique with its absurdly long stuns mid juggle :p
That's so far away. I checked recent twitter posts by Harada and he said development is at 2% now. As a side note, SFxT and TxSF both better have Viper in there.

I also played the MK demo and the combat still felt slow to me. Maybe I'll pick it up once there's a price drop.

RelentlessRolento said:
yo, is there a higher rez or just larger version of your Seth K avatar? even if not, is there a video I can download of it even if its on youtube?

I want to use it for a GAF shirt with my designs in the following style I'm currently making:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ouAfSz11YAc/TlBR9fHcOuI/AAAAAAAAAWM/adLmZyeNp3s/s800/GAF-02.png[img][/QUOTE]

I'll try and look for it.

DryEyeRelief said:
I'll try and look for it.
Sweet, thx man.

I'll try and take the Nina advice to heart as well. From the sound of it I prob need to step up my wake up game a bit more. And yeah, I blanked out with my Bryan and Jack 6, but I know Dragunov too well to forget my basics :p

AAK

Sorry Sayah, I didn't know you messaged me 2 days ago. My bad, I was actually playing offline on practice mode and the PSN message notification just wasn't in my field of vision at the time. After watching the latest "Level Up Your Game" episode I was really interested in trying out Law. After playing with him for a bit I just realized just how much effort the Tekken Team put into that character csometically alone. First of all, he has the best stance in the history of fighting games, (Sorry VF). They reanimated the guy SO MUCH along with a bundle of new moves (but his flip kick still has the same Tekken 1 animation LOL). And they put a bunch of unique hit animations for a couple of his moves like u/f+1 and f+3 CH. You can hold his Ki Chage 1+2+3+4 and Law continues to flex for as long as you hold it until he gives up due to exhaustoin. And then he also has his own unique taunt-esque getup now where you press 1+2+3+4 with your back on the floor and he kneels forward, slams his fist on the ground and gets up in frustration. It's these small little things makes playing these characters so endearing!

And then there's playing him, I didn't play enough to completely grasp which strings and what moves to use in what juggle but I was pretty much messing around with his DSS cancels. It's just wicked. You can pretty much whiff moves for the heck of it like WS+3; 1,2; b+1,2 among others and if your opponent tries to whiff punish you with a non-elbow/knee & mid/high attack you can just input the DSS cancel (b~f) right before the animation ends and automatically parry their attack! That was just absurd, an auto-parry! And even if you do the DSS cancel to early and the parry window finished, you can do his DSS,1+2 Sabaki move that can absorb one attack anyway before hitting them, it's so good. And then he also has such a crazy mixup game, I can't even begin to describe, but it looks like he got the heaviest nerfs in TTT2 based on what I've read of the game so far (sigh). But regardless, hopefully we can get some games soon :) hope the hurricane weather didn't cause too much trouble for you guys, I felt the winds all the way here in Canada.

And Rolento, You did that translator guy design yourself? Damn, mad talented you are!

Doomshine

DSS autoparry nerf was justified in my opinion, Law can pretty much run up and do single flipkicks all day because of it. Maybe they could've tweaked it, but it's just too abusable in its current form.

AAK

I guess it is somewhat justified with Law's current state, but it really gave Law a pure defining quality to his name. I would have much rather they made the timing more strict just like what they did to Bryan's taunt. They could have done other nerfs instead as well like getting rid of the guaranteed dragon tail after WS+1,2 or guaranteed oki after his slash kick while fixing it's active frames simultaneously, or getting rid of the bound after the back fist ender in strings (b+2,2; f+2,f+2,2; etc.) Thing like the above that made using him a bit more brainless than usual. The do with they kept the technical things like that DSS autoparry but made it a bit more stricter. I do agree it was a bit too abusable in T6, but it really did make playing as him a lot more enjoyable.

Sayah

AAK said:
Sorry Sayah, I didn't know you messaged me 2 days ago. My bad, I was actually playing offline on practice mode and the PSN message notification just wasn't in my field of vision at the time. After watching the latest "Level Up Your Game" episode I was really interested in trying out Law. After playing with him for a bit I just realized just how much effort the Tekken Team put into that character csometically alone. First of all, he has the best stance in the history of fighting games, (Sorry VF). They reanimated the guy SO MUCH along with a bundle of new moves (but his flip kick still has the same Tekken 1 animation LOL). And they put a bunch of unique hit animations for a couple of his moves like u/f+1 and f+3 CH. You can hold his Ki Chage 1+2+3+4 and Law continues to flex for as long as you hold it until he gives up due to exhaustoin. And then he also has his own unique taunt-esque getup now where you press 1+2+3+4 with your back on the floor and he kneels forward, slams his fist on the ground and gets up in frustration. It's these small little things makes playing these characters so endearing!

And then there's playing him, I didn't play enough to completely grasp which strings and what moves to use in what juggle but I was pretty much messing around with his DSS cancels. It's just wicked. You can pretty much whiff moves for the heck of it like WS+3; 1,2; b+1,2 among others and if your opponent tries to whiff punish you with a non-elbow/knee & mid/high attack you can just input the DSS cancel (b~f) right before the animation ends and automatically parry their attack! That was just absurd, an auto-parry! And even if you do the DSS cancel to early and the parry window finished, you can do his DSS,1+2 Sabaki move that can absorb one attack anyway before hitting them, it's so good. And then he also has such a crazy mixup game, I can't even begin to describe, but it looks like he got the heaviest nerfs in TTT2 based on what I've read of the game so far (sigh). But regardless, hopefully we can get some games soon :) hope the hurricane weather didn't cause too much trouble for you guys, I felt the winds all the way here in Canada.

And Rolento, You did that translator guy design yourself? Damn, mad talented you are!
No problem.

With Law, I've tried practicing with him before but couldn't fully devote myself. He is probably top tier in Tekken 6. His mixups are definitely amazing. I hate facing other Law players.

As far as the hurricane weather, its been stressful. It's not that bad where I live but a lot of the roads are closed due to flooding. Was trying to get home today and had to try like 5 different paths before I got home. Then there's also the traffic jams on the local routes. Plus, I'm a new driver so it's been crazy.

Sayah

I've been following Harada on twitter and reading through all of his posts for any information. Just some posts people might find interesting:

Harada_TEKKEN Katsuhiro Harada
If she becomes popular on SFxTK. I'll start the "Poison" 3D modeling. RT@DivineDevil999 haha can you include poison in TKxSF harada-san?

Already! 2% ;) RT@NickRegnier When will you guys start work on Tekken X Street Fighter, I really want to play that version of the game.

Oh Karin. Is Karin popular? I should research first. RT @Meru_the_Wingly I'd like to request Poison x Anna and Karin x Lili to be in TKxSF.

Not same. I think. RT @DevonMickey Will the roster for SFxTK and TKxSF be the same?

Discussing with Ono. I think it's different RT @BarakasObama Will have SFxTK & TKxSF parallel plot? Or completely different from each other?

OK...Okie, I'll consider about this. Sleep well. See you soon RT @elriuukkkun I want Michelle Chang and Kunimitsu in the TTT2 !

AAK

Wow, it's amazing how he has time to read through all them while overseeing 5 games simultaneously.

And I think I have a reason to make an official thread now! :D Just got the news from Tekken Zaibatsu member Murakumo: Japan arcades will be getting TTT2 on September 14. I think it's going to be handled just like T6.0 Vanilla where they'll to release TTT2 exclusively in Japan for a couple of weeks and rigorously patch anything that they find broken along with bugs via tekken-net and then move on to the rest of the Pacific. Get hype.... but damn I'm going to be busy soon.

Sayah

AAK said:
Wow, it's amazing how he has time to read through all them while overseeing 5 games simultaneously.

And I think I have a reason to make an official thread now! :D Just got the news from Tekken Zaibatsu member Murakumo: Japan arcades will be getting TTT2 on September 14. I think it's going to be handled just like T6.0 Vanilla where they'll to release TTT2 exclusively in Japan for a couple of weeks and rigorously patch anything that they find broken along with bugs via tekken-net and then move on to the rest of the Pacific. Get hype.... but damn I'm going to be busy soon.
September, eh? Excellent. I thought it would have been later this year. The sooner it gets released there, the sooner it comes here. :D

Sayah

Recent twitter posts:
Yeah RT @DivineDevil999 will tekken tag 1 have trophies system harada-san? =3
Yes. TTT1 HD = 1080p RT @Smilodonman Will TTT1 in the Tekken Hybrid package be in 1080p?
Not decided. I'm thinking. RT @RolandGmyrek Have you decided yet whether TKxSF will use a Tag-system or the classic system

AAK

Sayah said:
Recent twitter posts:

Interesting... I stand corrected for the Trophies part.

And I'm also sorta surprised at the "undecided about tag or classic system" part. TxSF was announced even before TTT2 was announced. And Harada basically said during that same time frame that he was in development of another Tekken Titles (TTT2) and he would complete that first and then he'd use that as a foundation for development for TxSF. So once TTT2 was announced, I was then assuming that TxSF would also be using a tag mode for sure.

Also, judging by the initial concept art:

tekken_x_street_fighter.jpg

I felt it was giving a strong hint at a tag mode with Jin/D.Jin & Ryu/EvilRyu transforming into one another.

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:

]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/07/tekken_x_street_fighter.jpg

I felt it was giving a strong hint at a tag mode with Jin/D.Jin & Ryu/EvilRyu transforming into one another.

Interesting. I never understood it like that. For me it was just comparison/clash of two "main" characters that both have equally menacing "dark side" or alter ego.

Personally I don't want another tag mode. 2 new tag games is enough.

Sayah

GrayFoxPL said:
Interesting. I never understood it like that. For me it was just comparison/clash of two "main" characters that both have equally menacing "dark side" or alter ego.

Personally I don't want another tag mode. 2 new tag games is enough.
AAK said:
Interesting... I stand corrected for the Trophies part.

And I'm also sorta surprised at the "undecided about tag or classic system" part. TxSF was announced even before TTT2 was announced. And Harada basically said during that same time frame that he was in development of another Tekken Titles (TTT2) and he would complete that first and then he'd use that as a foundation for development for TxSF. So once TTT2 was announced, I was then assuming that TxSF would also be using a tag mode for sure.

tekken_x_street_fighter.jpg

I was actually hoping for a Tag fighter. Although, it would be amazing if they go the Dead or Alive route and incorporate both single and tag fights.

Sayah

_dementia said:
Nice that TTTHD is 1080p, 60fps like Dark Resurrection was.

So many last-gen port-ups are 720p and it really pisses me off.
My TV is only capable of 720P so won't really matter for me. :(

AAK

Alright guys, can anyone volunteer to make a cool banner for the official thread I plan on submitting next week? It was getting a tad bit overwhelming and since school is about to begin I had to scale it down a little. It's taking freiking forever finding good source images to explain some things, but I hope it was worth it.

I would do it, but I have never used photoshop ever in my life and I've done everything that's going in thread in MS Paint and MS Word :p

So any takers?

Also any ideas for a cool catch phrase in the thread title?

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
Alright guys, can anyone volunteer to make a cool banner for the official thread I plan on submitting next week? It was getting a tad bit overwhelming and since school is about to begin I had to scale it down a little. It's taking freiking forever finding good source images to explain some things, but I hope it was worth it.

I would do it, but I have never used photoshop ever in my life and I've done everything that's going in thread in MS Paint and MS Word :p

So any takers?

Official thread for what?

Sayah

AAK said:

So any takers?

I haven't done too much photoshopping so I'm not sure I'll be good at that but I'll still try to create one to see if you like it.
As far as catchphrases go, let's see.....
"Come Over Here, Let Me Talk To You Real Close"..........................that was a j/k catchphrase. :p
I'll have to take time to think of something good to share. Maybe something from the infamous Bob chops at Evo? Guys on commentary pulled a lot of jokes from those.

AAK

GrayFoxPL said:
Official thread for what?

Well, I'm going to call it the TTT2 official thread since the arcade release is on September 14 in Japan.

BUT we're going to take advantage of that thread to make an official general Tekken hype thread. I've included things about Tekken WiiU, Tekken 3DS Prime, and Tekken Hybrid as well. So it's just going to be the Tekken crew representing in the Gaming discussion threads instead of just in the community forum :)

And thanks for trying Sayah! You're the best! (literally as well, your Nina is probably better than the best of everyone on this forum so far.... except for your trigger happy unblockables :p)

Sayah

AAK said:
Well, I'm going to call it the TTT2 official thread since the arcade release is on September 14 in Japan.

BUT we're going to take advantage of that thread to make an official general Tekken hype thread. I've included things about Tekken WiiU, Tekken 3DS Prime, and Tekken Hybrid as well. So it's just going to be the Tekken crew representing in the Gaming discussion threads instead of just in the community forum :)

And thanks for trying Sayah! You're the best! (literally as well, your Nina is probably better than the best of everyone on this forum so far.... except for your trigger happy unblockables :p)
Haha, thanks. I'll probably have my attempt at a photoshop done tomorrow. Started working on it right now.

Sayah

Well, photoshop is turning out to be harder than I imagined. Been messing around with it for quite some time. >_>

AAK

Sayah said:
Well, photoshop is turning out to be harder than I imagined. Been messing around with it for quite some time. >_>

Trust me I can empathize with you so much it isn't even funny.... It took me nearly 3 hours just to finalize the design for my headers....Just would't be satisfied:

ei7frb.jpg

It looks like 5 minutes worth of work but I just couldn't settle on a font or design :/

But don't worry it's no rush, we got time. Appreciate the effort regardless :D.

Doomshine

It's tough to come up with a general catchphrase for Tekken.

Dorya!?

...of tossing relatives into volcanoes?

What else is there that's recognizable as Tekken? Besides hurr durr juggles.

Top Bottom