• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"One Million Moms" to boycott Olive Garden over "spiritually dangerous" show Lucifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me miserable! Which way shall I fly, infinite wrath and infinite despair? Which way I fly is Hell, myself am Hell and in the... ahh forget it.

Ogodei

To be fair, it does sound boycott-worthy, like a cheesy 70s detective drama. What does the devil do when he gets bored? Go fight crime. Why?

Why indeed.

Monocle

oh noes, professional scolds found something to get mad about

This ought to give a nice little boost to Lucifer's ratings.

weshes195

I support them.

Kidding of course, it sounds like an alright show to be honest. Just a travesty of what could have been :(

Oh, it isn't even directly to the show... Just an ad for Olive Garden.

Man, they are so dumb that I can't even make a joke off them.

xyruj4T.jpg

Sesha

The character Lucifer Morningstar makes being the devil look cool, drives a fancy car, gets out of a speeding ticket, owns a nightclub in LA, and is irresistible to women.

So a depiction of the Devil as more consistent with modern times. What, they expect their Devil to look like Tim Curry in Legend and be obviously evil like eating babies in plain sight?

kinggroin

Banned
Why get outraged. Plenty of corporations support things we don't like all the time. If you catch it, just stop supporting said corporation if it helps you sleep better.

That said, the show's premise is juvenile and the execution doesn't even reach THAT potential. Meh.

Monocle

Why get outraged. Plenty of corporations support things we don't like all the time. If you catch it, just stop supporting said corporation if it helps you sleep better.

That said, the show's premise is juvenile and the execution doesn't even reach THAT potential. Meh.
Gay homos can marry, the president is a Black, and the Devil is openly celebrated on national TV, and you're asking why get outraged????? This once great nation is truly doomed.

marzlapin

So what's a better italian place?

Gotta say I love their ground beef soup (dunno the name) and their breadsticks are GOAT. Liked the ziti I had the other night.

Depends where you live. Usually you can get much better Italian at a local non-chain restaurant, but if you live in the middle of nowhere, Olive Garden might actually be the best you can get.

I didn't know about this show before this boycott news. Now I do.

Looking forward to watching it. Thanks One Million Moms for the recommendation.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
one million moms is about 50 people

but olive garden is terrible and lucifer is not a good show

i hope this confrontation ends like a tarantino movie

Why does every organization with "million" in the name actually just end up being a bunch of out of touch white people making plans in a suburbia living room?

aliengmr

Congrats to this group for donating their time to free advertising for the show.

I'm sure the folks making the show would have been upset if no one protested it.

I bet all of the similarities to the actual mythological figure (or good taste) are incidental anyways. But maybe the name itself has some spooky black magic to it, who really knows with these sorts of christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom