• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucifer |OT| The Devil Takes a Holiday - Monday, 9PM, FOX

Pickman

New episode tonight:

Season 2 - Episode 7 - My Little Monkey

When the prisoner convicted of killing Chloe's father is murdered, new evidence suggests he was actually framed. Meanwhile, Maze tries to find a job and Lucifer shadows Dan in order to learn how to be "normal".

The episode description makes me wonder if they'll hint at the origins of Chloe's (divine?) immunity to Lucifer. They dropped that whole thread. I'm still on the she is half-angel train

36c.gif

Very funny episode, despite the serious case. The script was a bit spotty, though, in that the character writing was awesome, but the details of the case were rather lacking.

Like, Chloe suspects the warden let the guy out of prison so that he would get killed... but then she immediately jumps to the conclusion that the warden must be the one who killed her father, rather than some middle man? Uh, OK, seems very circumstantial... but fine. Then it turns out that he's apparently indeed the killer... and Chloe doesn't seem to really care why he did it. Her father uncovered something he shouldn't have... OK, what was it? How did it involve the warden? What was this guy doing that he has no problem killing a cop? Unless I missed something, this felt strangely vague.

Sure, the specifics of the case-of-the-week are hardly the interesting part about the show, but in this instance the case is about an important event that shaped one of the main characters, so it seemed like a really unsatisfying conclusion.

That said, it's not really a big deal, so please, no need to do the Castle thing where one episode per season is like "hey, remember the guy that killed your dad? There's was actually someone else who ordered the hit! And then there's another person who told him to do it!" Tedious.

Maddocks

Another solid episode, nice to see things moving forward more and it remaining and continuing to be interesting.

KonradLaw

My belly hurt from laughing so much during the murder re-enactment scene.

And Dan's "IT WAS LABELED!!!" Line killed me :D

Funny story,..the showrunner got hate voice mail on his private phone from Trump supporter after this ep :D
https://t.co/0DbfJ8ba5K

tmdorsey

Really enjoying this show and loving it for what it is. I'm now getting to the point where I can't wait for the next episode.

Lucifer and Ella demonstrating how the scenario happend was hilarious and Chloe being listed as 'The Detecitve' in Lucifer's phone is the best thing.

The Trump stuff was great, especially since there was foreshadowing earlier in the episode.

I think it is important for entertainment to keep this stuff in our view. We live in an era of unprecedented amounts of "bread and circuses". It is so easy to just shut off, be content, and let evil happen around us.

Kevin Alejandro is doing an amazing job with Dan. One of the best redemption arcs I've seen recently and I watch Steven Universe.

This entire show has really improved in the second season. I was worried about the Aimee Garcia character, Ella, being added to the core team, but that's shaking down nicely.

I kind of dislike the lack of logical questions from the shrink after he revealed himself.

First question should probably have been if she is getting sent to hell for associating with the Devil and a demon.

Meneses

That would be hilarious. But I would be more appreciative if
she were somehow Azreal.

Much more fitting I think.

Yeah, that would make sense. That or
TheDetective being the angel of death, but having a Plot Convenient case of amnesia / being magically sealed / something

Don't need to spoiler tag speculation. I doubt she's something like that seems like if she were they would've recognized her unless they're using the multiple forms version. We still have no idea about Chloe, it feels like they were going somewhere with her, maybe some Christ descendant or half angel or whatever but it hasn't really come up or been played around with this season unless I'm forgetting something.

KonradLaw

Don't need to spoiler tag speculation. I doubt she's something like that seems like if she were they would've recognized her unless they're using the multiple forms version. We still have no idea about Chloe, it feels like they were going somewhere with her, maybe some Christ descendant or half angel or whatever but it hasn't really come up or been played around with this season unless I'm forgetting something.

I;m suspecting Chloe's powers will come into play once mothers realizes how much Lucy cares for the detective and tries to make a move on her.

tmdorsey

Yep. Can't wait for next week once again. I wonder if the season is gonna end with Lucifer showing Chloe his true face.

nOoblet16

Can he? Doesn't being too near her negate his powers? Is it the sort of thing that technology can capture? Will he do it over FaceTime or Skype?
Seems to me it's only his mortality that gets affected when near her, he still has his super human strength and hypnosiswhateveritis power.

Top Bottom