• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucifer |OT| The Devil Takes a Holiday - Monday, 9PM, FOX

nOoblet16

That was good. Although I did want Chloe to finally know the truth but guess we'll have to wait till mid season 3 or something. I don't think they'll drag it any further now.

Considering this show took so many breaks and it's close to a year since season 2 started I'm wondering if we'll see season 3 show up soon.

Gonna miss Charlotte, she was a fantastic addition to the cast for this season. Still, a very cool way to exit the show.

I'm hoping the final scene was not present day but a flashback to when Lucifer first came (back I guess) to Earth, years ago. It would suck going through another episode or two of Lucifer has wings, Lucifer loses wings.
She's not gone.
Showrunners have said she will return in season 3 in some way and yes she will be played by Tricia Helfer.

tmdorsey

The final scene being a flashback doesn't make sense. I've never seen a season ending cliffhanger be a flashback. I would be disappointed if that turns out to be the case.

Anyway, loved the episode and show. Can't really explain why but it's just a fun entertaining hour every week. Really love the characters and their chemistry with each other. I hope the earlier time slot is an indication of growing in popularity.

benjipwns

Banned
Sorry. Wussies don't get any.

Ella/Maze/Trixie/Linda almost never not dominate.

Flashback? He, like his brother, are obviously being rewarded for handling mom and each other. It'll take him like ten minutes to fly back to LA, dad's just...dramatic. Lucifer had his own wings cut off to signify his relinquishing of Hell. The scars all over have been in prior episodes, from his fall from the Silver City presumably. Like I said, dad can get a bit dramatic.

The mystery now is Chloe, especially with dad being rewarding, and that will be part of Lucifer's uncertainty and what's he gonna do blah blah blah.

Funny thing is as much as they warned people before the series that it wasn't going to be like the comic, they really haven't done the characters any differently than I would have imagined them in either the original run or in the now concluding second run. Especially after they started working in the whole myth arc and introducing other angels. And it's been fun to read the second series with him having Tom Ellis' voice in my head.

Show is moving production back to LA for next season. Has been Vancouver.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I love everything about this show, it's just so good. I'm about to burst for Chloe to find out though, they're at the point now to unleash it, I hope they don't wait too long so nobody cares when it finally happens. Plus I really want to see Lucifer at full strength.

I stopped watching at episode 1 because of procedural cop drama #500 but I binge watched it on hulu and love it. They mangage the serial and procedural aspects well. Love the chars.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped watching at episode 1 because of procedural cop drama #500 but I binge watched it on hulu and love it. They mangage the serial and procedural aspects well. Love the chars.

There's a lot of miserable shows on TV but Lucifer actually makes me laugh, the humour is the best part about it IMO. I do mark out every time he devils up though :D

Smallville's Tom Welling Joins Lucifer, His First TV Role Since Clark Kent

https://tvline.com/2017/07/22/tom-welling-smallville-lucifer-season-3-cast/

When the supernatural-tinged procedural returns for Season 3, Welling will play Marcus Pierce, an accomplished police lieutenant who is strategic, reserved and well-respected — that is, everything Lucifer is not. But perhaps even more annoying are all the things the gents have in common, both being charming, charismatic and “handsome as hell.”
As you can imagine, when Pierce starts developing a “connection” with fellow detective Chloe Decker, Lucifer’s devilish traits are inflamed.

Qasiel

Interesting. I thought he'd end up being on Supergirl at some point, what with their Superman related alumni making appearances and especially now Erica Durance is going to be on there. I'm pleasantly surprised that he'll be on Lucifer, though.

Maybe he'll make a comment about Supergirl if they show the huge billboard that was previously on the show.

nOoblet16

The can't tell Chloe because reasons thing was getting old mid season 2. The moment he took like 20 seconds to prepare the room to tell her I knew he wasn't going to be able to and that his powers won't work around her. Plus it was the middle of the episode.

They should either just do it or not bother bringing it up until they decide to do it. Because it's just boring to watch Lucifer try to tell her and it not working out.

PreFire

Anyone else spot the Supergirl ad?

I know they're both DC but two different networks.. They forget to edit it out or purposely left it there?

Anyway good season premiere

KonradLaw

Lucifer did wonderful job with hiding where they were filming their show, but even so..the move to real LA is so obvious and very beneficial looks-wise.
And I was surprised with the devil face. I mean, when it happened I assumed it just meant God blocked his ability to use that power with Chloe, the same way he can't use his suggestions, but the fact that it likely means he was redeemed and cured (ie..there is no devil face anymore) in the eyes of his father is a much more interesting idea.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't even notice that the locations were different. lol

I just hope that this isn't another season of Lucifer not being taken seriously over and over again because he's unable to prove he's the son of God.

Elandyll

Banned
Still cracking me up

"I'm not his own personal Mr Potato Head!"

Missed Lucifer a lot, glad it's back on. My only fear is that they are going to drag the whole "can he finally tell her?" thing for the whole season.

Also definitely a good ep and introducing what is sounding like a potential great adversary with the Sinnerman, but lack of Trixie and Maze was felt.

tmdorsey

Lucifer did wonderful job with hiding where they were filming their show, but even so..the move to real LA is so obvious and very beneficial looks-wise.
And I was surprised with the devil face. I mean, when it happened I assumed it just meant God blocked his ability to use that power with Chloe, the same way he can't use his suggestions, but the fact that it likely means he was redeemed and cured (ie..there is no devil face anymore) in the eyes of his father is a much more interesting idea.

I really hope it isn't the case that he's redeemed and cured. Anyway, good premiere. Sometimes I don't know why I love this show as much as I do, but I do love it.

CSJ

Anyone else spot the Supergirl ad?

I know they're both DC but two different networks.. They forget to edit it out or purposely left it there?

Anyway good season premiere

There was a Leftovers ad as well.
I think it's just left there as real world adverts.

C'mon Lucifer. Next episode, walk right up to Chloe and show her your thing wings.

A very good episode, but I really hope they don't drag this thing on all season.

sturmdogg

C'mon Lucifer. Next episode, walk right up to Chloe and show her your thing wings.

A very good episode, but I really hope they don't drag this thing on all season.

Does Chloe negate all of Lucifer's powers, or just his invulnerability? There were times when Lucifer still showed inhuman strength, so if it just affects his invulnerability then there's no reason for him not to show her the wings.

Ricker

Just watched the season premiere and yeah I spotted that Supergirl Billboard but wait Tom Welling is the new Lieutenant...? lol,I didnt even recognise him,jesus...

I really hope it isn't the case that he's redeemed and cured. Anyway, good premiere. Sometimes I don't know why I love this show as much as I do, but I do love it.

Because the cast is populated with some very likable and talented actors.

It's a fun show with a ton of charm and charm counts for a lot.

Well, I guess that's one of the leftover episodes from season 2 down. They were not quite correct when they said that it wouldn't be noticeable that it was out of order, though. If Maze was looking for a bounty-hunting challenge in the current storyline, obviously Lucifer would have sent her after the Sinner Man -- actually I think he even tried to do that last episode and she was busy.

Ah well. Fun episode, though.

Top Bottom