• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"One Million Moms" to boycott Olive Garden over "spiritually dangerous" show Lucifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, the only way we can rid this world of "One Million Moms" is if we turn their own message against them. Everybody go have dinner at Olive Garden, then come home to watch Lucifer.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
x6UbdOv.jpg

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/curre...ifer-sponsors-no-more-sympathy-for-the-devil/

It's a FOX show; they couldn't just wait for natural selection?

Blasphemy is a victimless crime. There's literally nothing to offend by it.

Not watching Lucifer and not eating at Olive Garden?

Just proves that even an odious group like this occasionally makes the right decision, even if it is for the wrong reasons.

TraBuch

Banned
The show is fine for what it is, a procedural that doesn't take itself too seriously. As an adaptation, I'm sure it's complete shit, but I've never read the comics so that means nothing to me. I like to space out my "serious" shows with the occasional fun procedural and this'll fill the void left by Forever. Sometimes you just wanna sit back and relax and watch a show you don't have to think too hard about.

KevinCow

Banned
At first I thought this was completely stupid, but then I tried to put myself in their mindset. Like, what if someone tried to make a show where Hitler was the good guy and he was just misunderstood and not really evil? I'd probably find that pretty offensive and not really want to support companies who proudly supported such an endeavor. And that's what it seems like to these people, since they truly believe that Lucifer is real and pure evil.

Whereas for many of us, since we consider Lucifer to already be fictional, this would be more like writing a story where Dracula is the good guy and misunderstood. And that's why we don't really have a problem with it.

I still find the whole thing silly because I generally find religion silly, but I can at least sort of understand where they're coming from.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
At first I thought this was completely stupid, but then I tried to put myself in their mindset. Like, what if someone tried to make a show where Hitler was the good guy and he was just misunderstood and not really evil? I'd probably find that pretty offensive and not really want to support companies who proudly supported such an endeavor. And that's what it seems like to these people, since they truly believe that Lucifer is real and pure evil.

Whereas for many of us, since we consider Lucifer to already be fictional, this would be more like writing a story where Dracula is the good guy and misunderstood. And that's why we don't really have a problem with it.

I still find the whole thing silly because I generally find religion silly, but I can at least sort of understand where they're coming from.

Good Point. One can respect the view of his enemy while not supporting his aim. I would never watch a show that glorified evil, fictional or otherwise but I hate all horror and scary movies so I'm in the minority here. You know "the greatest trick..."

Also the cat from Cinderella was named Lucifer and he was evil so there's that too.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So why do people hate Olive Garden and why is it shitty?

Also I think it is kind of dumb to boycott a restaurant, or name your group one million moms.

So why do people hate Olive Garden and why is it shitty?

Also I think it is kind of dumb to boycott a restaurant, or name your group one million moms.

The breadsticks and salad are legit, but everything else is generally low quality/frozen and most importantly greatly overpriced.

Instro

So is the show any good?

Depends if you were watching as a fan of the comics, or just want to watch a decent TV show. Presumably it's shit for the former(I have no knowledge of the comics here), but seems ok(so far) for the latter. It's pretty unfortunate that FOX got their claws on this one, and turned it into another procedural drama. I do like Tom Ellis though, and the show seems fun enough so I'll stick with it a little while at least.

Future

Smart post

There are plenty of other sensible reasons to boycott Olive Garden other than some stupid moral outrage over the sponsorship of a television show about the Devil - namely that Olive Garden serves shitty Italian food. If you are eating Italian food at a chain restaurant like Olive Garden, you are doing it wrong.

Zaventem

Reading this site they're so uptight over every little thing. "Adult Swim is obviously not a family network and this program airs later in the evening when children should be asleep, but that is no excuse. Adult Swim has crossed the line by belittling the Christian religion with foul jokes." Sometimes i forget people like this exist.

Moff

shouldn't they be boycotting fox as well?
but something tells me people concerned about this are the audience of fox news

BriGuy

"Lucifer Morningstar?"

Why not go with Satan McDevil if you're going to be that transparent. Or maybe Ollie Garden would be more fitting in this case.

Aselith

"Lucifer Morningstar?"

Why not go with Satan McDevil if you're going to be that transparent. Or maybe Ollie Garden would be more fitting in this case.

In the show, he's not disguising who he is. In the commercials I saw, he tells everyone straight up. Which of course no one believes.

spekkeh

Banned
Not Lucifer, but One Million Moms is making the devil look cool.

Fox must be ecstatic with this free advertisement.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
One Million Moms unfulfilled by their dreadful existence, and whose anger outlets are a feedback loop sustaining the semi-conscious acceptance of their own mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom