• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

KiDdYoNe

Ordered Songbird Edition in November. IN. FUCKIN. NOVEMBER. Most anticipated game of the year and there's The Last of Us, remember? Only hope for PS3 version isnt piece of crap.

sono

I remember the trailers for this being very good. I am hopeful this is a great game.

Good luck everyone.

Holy shit, now that's some fucking voice acting.

I'm predicting something in the mid to high 90's like the original. We're yet to see an 100 in video games, so maybe this might be the first.

It's not going to get a perfect score, negative points for mediocre gunplay are guaranteed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's not going to get a perfect score, negative points for mediocre gunplay are guaranteed.

That might sound weird but i couldn't care less about the combat. I will shoot what i have to shoot but i'm mostly excited about the story.

That might sound weird but i couldn't care less about the combat. I will shoot what i have to shoot but i'm mostly excited about the story.

I'm with you 100%, I've just heard enough reactions to both Bioshocks' shooting mechanics to know it's going to get dinged for not being on the level of CoD. And for what it's worth, I immensely enjoy the combined powers/guns gameplay.

Not if it is on the same level as Bioshock 2. Hell, it could even be even better.

Eh, this preview doesn't make it sound like it'll win over the FPS crowd on shooting alone.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
btw. why are people bitching about the combat in Bioshock games? seriously what's wrong with it? i had zero problems in BS1 and BS2.

I'm with you 100%, I've just heard enough reactions to both Bioshocks' shooting mechanics to know it's going to get dinged for not being on the level of CoD. And for what it's worth, I immensely enjoy the combined powers/guns gameplay.

and so do i.

btw. why are people bitching about the combat in Bioshock games? seriously what's wrong with it? i had zero problems in BS1 and BS2.

and so do i.

I'm in a similar boat, but I think their complaints stem from the same "dumbed down for console players" mindset that Derrick complains about.

Andrew.

Banned
Eh, this preview doesn't make it sound like it'll win over the FPS crowd on shooting alone.

Personally I dont really care if it doesn't win over the FPS crowd. It should automatically shun most of that crowd off anyway since there isn't any multiplayer.

And I too loved the combat in both BioShock games.

And what's a game that's "smarted up" for console players since everything is "dumbed down" nowadays? And please don't answer with fucking Dark Souls lol.

Don't know about 2, but 1 was poorly balanced. The majority of the weapons and plasmids were either useless or did the job but were worse than the electricity/shotgun or inferno/MG combo (Telekinesis is also pretty good though situational)

The gunplay itself was pretty alright, nothing special.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Maybe Andrew. can answer this or FartofWar

The free Bonus on BioShock 1 on the PS3, is it the full package, ie, we get that DLC

I never got to play that, so that would be really awesome bonus

Here's Hoping!

Dead

well not really...yet
Ive pretty much barely been following the development of this game, but have finally started to get hyped, watched all the trailers and what not.

I think this might be one of the most beautifully designed games ever, art wise. Its just stunning.

Decided to replay Bioshock in the meantime to whet my appetite.

Just read the "What I loved about Bioshock Infinite" PC gamer article and this part stuck out..

Remember that home of pro-equality abolitionists I mentioned? During this section, Columbia’s police are chasing you as you flee through the city. You enter the house during a small lull in the pursuit, but as you do you hear the 1912 fuzz rapping at the front door, They want in. The house’s owners reassure you–they’re not going to give you up.

In my second playthrough of this moment, I did the dumbest thing I could: I tried shooting one of the moral, innocent civilians whose home I’d intruded on. You’re not at all prompted to do this, and your weapon actually lowers if you look at them, but I wanted to see how Infinite would respond. When I did, the character died and the police stormed in, sparking a firefight right in the living room. This isn’t a sure event: when I initially played it, I didn’t shoot them and snuck out a rear exit to confront those police in the street. I tested a similar scenario during a visit to a mansion belonging to the Order of the Raven–civilians on the bottom floor will fight you if you shoot one of them, but will leave you alone completely if you don’t. These incidental, small discoveries are a great sign to me; it’s encouraging that Infinite reacts when I do something dumb and impulsive.

I hope the game is littered with these kinds of choices.

Andrew.

Banned
Maybe Andrew. can answer this or FartofWar

The free Bonus on BioShock 1 on the PS3, is it the full package, ie, we get that DLC

I never got to play that, so that would be really awesome bonus

Here's Hoping!

You mean the DLC Challenge Rooms? That'd be a sweet bonus, but I'm really not sure. While I did plat Bio 1, I never got a chance to try that DLC out.

Just read the "What I loved about Bioshock Infinite" PC gamer article and this part stuck out..

Thank fuck...

I also hope if they include a morality meter they don't pull a "Saint or Hitler" dichotomy with the endings. That was probably my biggest Pet Peeve about the first Bioshock and almost every other game with such binary "moral choices."

neoism

so guys I just went to that canIrunit site. For the first time I didn't get passed recommended...only about half way between minimum and recommended I have a
i5 2.7 quad
R5870 1gram
8gm RAM
Win 7 64bit

I will play the game at 720p only but I was wondering is the service pack 1 on win 7 a requirement for sure it said that it did... My Pc has been terrible at that... I've tried to update over 20 times and it always fails... so I'm also using old drivers... I think 9.8 lol all games so far have worked...all but Crysis 3, but I was so disappointed in C2 I'm skipping C3 for now...you guys think it will work....really hope for a PC demo or something... I have no win 7 disc plus I'm so lazy it'll take me awhile to get all my files backed-up and what not....plus I've never reformatted a computer before...really dun want to fuck it up.

Andrew.

Banned
Watching that 38 minute interview on GameSpot showed a bunch of combat and my balls tingled like crazy. It was insanely beautiful to watch.

I will say though, that I am somewhat worried about the PS3 version. It's because of the inclusion of the original BioShock. When a developer does something like this, I always get the feeling that it is to make up for technical shortcomings or something compared to other versions. I mean, what is the point of putting the game on there when it's still readily available for the system? I could understand completely if BioShock 1 maintained exclusivity with Microsoft, but this is just kind of bothersome.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Watching that 38 minute interview on GameSpot showed a bunch of combat and my balls tingled like crazy. It was insanely beautiful to watch.

I will say though, that I am somewhat worried about the PS3 version. It's because of the inclusion of the original BioShock. When a developer does something like this, I always get the feeling that it is to make up for technical shortcomings or something compared to other versions. I mean, what is the point of putting the game on there when it's still readily available for the system? I could understand completely if BioShock 1 maintained exclusivity with Microsoft, but this is just kind of bothersome.

It's probably just because of the blu-ray space. Probably has nothing to do with shoddy performance.

But you should always worry about the PS3 version of UE3 games anyway.

Although IIRC Dishonored came out quite well(?).

In conclusion, I hope this post allays/stokes your fears.

Roffles, after that Season Pass stuff and Ken Levine trying to explain away why they have DLC, I was kind out out. I will wait and either pick up the GotY version, or purchase a new copy for $20 and just skip the DLC.

This DLC fad can suck it. Other than buying like 2-3 map packs combined for Halo3 and Reach, buying the Shadow Broker DLC, and I guess the most abhorrent, I bought the Battlefield 3 Season Pass on Playstation3. This was mostly because all my friends were playing BF3 on a weekly basis and I already have like 100 hours into that game, so I figured I would just get all of it. Yes, I feel kind of ashamed for going into a Season Pass for BF3, but I feel like it is one of the Season Passes that has actually delivered its worth. Other than those 3 things, I can't really think of any other DLC I bought for games this gen.

Andrew.

Banned
It's probably just because of the blu-ray space. Probably has nothing to do with shoddy performance.

But you should always worry about the PS3 version of UE3 games anyway.

Although IIRC Dishonored came out quite well(?).

In conclusion, I hope this post allays/stokes your fears.

Yeah its a small alleviation =P Thanks dude. Dishonored did come out really well though and I hope the matter is just the fact of all that extra blu ray space.

Joe Lee

I had about zero interest in Infinite until I finally played the first two games last month. Now I'm incredibly hyped. I've been on a complete blackout with this game so I really have no idea what's going on other than there's a city in the sky and everyone was raging about the box art.

5amshift

Banned
Definitely going to wait for reviews before picking this up. Loved BioShock, didn't really enjoy 2, so I'm hoping this is amazing. Buying it anyways, but I'll just wait until it hits a nice $30 price point in 4 months.

Andrew.

Banned
Definitely going to wait for reviews before picking this up. Loved BioShock, didn't really enjoy 2, so I'm hoping this is amazing. Buying it anyways, but I'll just wait until it hits a nice $30 price point in 4 months.

Well 2 wasn't made by Levine & Co, so think of Infinite as more of a sequel to the original Bioshock in which case it will more than likely be fucking amazing.

Yeah its a small alleviation =P Thanks dude. Dishonored did come out really well though and I hope the matter is just the fact of all that extra blu ray space.

I have Dishonored on PS3 it is great. I have both systems too but I been playing more PS3 lately so I am getting the PS3 version too don't know yet if I will get it through Amazon or on PSN I would only get it on PSN if it is downloadable at midnight though waiting for the store to update will take forever.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Let the countdown begin...

bioshock-infinite-screen-4.jpg

Everybody preorder this thing on Steam so we all can get PC copies of Bioshock and XCom for free. Okay?

Magnus

Howdy folks! Decided to do a blackout on Infinite after seeing most of the miniboss-reveal vids last year. So I haven't been keeping up on too many developments since then.

Question:

Any indications so far as to the differences (not just performance, but features/DLC/unlockables/peripheral support/etc.) between the PS3/360 versions of the game?

Apologies if this has been addressed a million times in this thread or others.

Also, for that matter, how did the PS3 version of Bioshock 1 and 2 turn out? I originally played 1 on the 360 and it performed well.

Just preordered both this and GoW: Judgment. Don't know why I waited so long, I think it's the uneasiness of it being delayed a couple of times.

Howdy folks! Decided to do a blackout on Infinite after seeing most of the miniboss-reveal vids last year. So I haven't been keeping up on too many developments since then.

Question:

Any indications so far as to the differences (not just performance, but features/DLC/unlockables/peripheral support/etc.) between the PS3/360 versions of the game?

Apologies if this has been addressed a million times in this thread or others.

Also, for that matter, how did the PS3 version of Bioshock 1 and 2 turn out? I originally played 1 on the 360 and it performed well.

The PS3 version will have Move support and have BioShock 1 on disc where the 360 version will have none of that. Performance wise still too soon to say but they said way back in 2010 every platform would look more like the PS3 version so it will be easier for them to code for all platforms.

BioShock 1 and 2 on PS3 was not made by Irrational so no point to even compare them.

ajcacio

Banned

If I'm not mistaken, Sony requires a lot of third party developers to add extra content to multi platform games, i.e. Assassin's Creed 3, Revelations and now Assassin's Creed 4.

day one interested plummeted with season pass announcement, considering this is a single player only game

now will wait on reviews to make sure its a great, all encompassing experience

$60 is enough to spend on a game...

Top Bottom