• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

Magnus

The PS3 version will have Move support and have BioShock 1 on disc where the 360 version will have none of that. Performance wise still too soon to say but they said way back in 2010 every platform would look more like the PS3 version so it will be easier for them to code for all platforms.

BioShock 1 and 2 on PS3 was not made by Irrational so no point to even compare them.

Well, I think it's perfectly alright to compare the PS3/360 versions of Bioshock 1 with each other, and then both versions of 2 with each other. They're ports of one another...

And wow, does Infinite PS3 still have Move support? Color me surprised. And what does that mean, 'look more like the PS3 version'? They're porting to the 360 from the PS3 version as the main version?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
day one interested plummeted with season pass announcement, considering this is a single player only game

now will wait on reviews to make sure its a great, all encompassing experience

$60 is enough to spend on a game...

Levine has already said multiple times on Twitter that the game is a complete experience. The DLC isn't content they cut out to sell later. It sounds like it will be side story type stuff.

Well, I think it's perfectly alright to compare the PS3/360 versions of Bioshock 1 with each other, and then both versions of 2 with each other. They're ports of one another...

And wow, does Infinite PS3 still have Move support? Color me surprised. And what does that mean, 'look more like the PS3 version'? They're porting to the 360 from the PS3 version as the main version?

"We all know that the PS3 is powerful but unique console with its own strengths and challenges. But compared to the PC, the Xbox 360 is challenging too. So instead of declaring a 'lead platform' and porting the game to the others, we've instead changed the game engine so that all platforms look (to a programmer) more like a PS3. This means implementing a task-oriented task processor that assumes a NUMA (non-uniform memory access) design that mimics the PPU/SPU split of the PS3. Writing code this way is more difficult for us, but has a key advantage: it's both optimal for the PS3 *and* gives speed improvements on other platforms due to increased cache coherence and more efficient use of multiple processing units."

From this article http://imagequalitymatters.blogspot.com/2010/11/tech-report-irrational-talks-bioshock.html

But yeah they all should be good each platform. Irrational didn't make the PS3 versions of 1 or 2, 1 was ported by Digital Extremes and 2k Marin and BioShock 2 was made by 2k Marin. This is basically the first game being made on PS3 by Irrational.

Andrew.

Banned
Really wish we could get a demo, but the blue balls that would ensue afterwards might be too painful to bear, and I'd really like to keep my nuts.

Anyone know if we get the TF2 items as soon as the pre-order number is reached?

(Go pre-order on Steam! I want those TF2 items! And a free XCom game would be cool too.)

bio-team-shorter-no-logo.jpg

Really wish we could get a demo, but the blue balls that would ensue afterwards might be too painful to bear, and I'd really like to keep my nuts.

have you watched the gamespot plays thing? i thought i was super-hyped already but after watching what must be the first 20 minutes or so, i am PAINFULLY excited.

Andrew.

Banned
have you watched the gamespot plays thing? i thought i was super-hyped already but after watching what must be the first 20 minutes or so, i am PAINFULLY excited.

Yeah man I watched it last night and I'm going for round 2 tonight =D

That combat and did you catch the way the "tutorial" was implemented? Also the audio diaries?

Hrrrrrrrrrrgggggg

Andrew.

Banned
You guys are talking about that 38 minute interview with a ton of gameplay right? I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm so proud of myself for sticking to my media blackout as well as I have. No previews read. Only have watched the initial "gameplay" footage and a couple of official trailers.

Previews and reviews are what really spoil games.

desertdroog

I preorderd this a long time ago at Gamestop, this was before they announced the other editions of the game.

I never got my preorder bonus, is that something you think they will give me if I go back and request it, or am I SOL? This was for the XBOX, by the way.

I can't believe tomorrow is March 1st already practically 25 days left. Ken said on twitter there would be another trailer probably launch trailer.

Andrew.

Banned
Give me that or another one of the "Modern Day Icarus?" mini docus.

It really doesn't matter anymore honestly.

I've sold this game to a half dozen of my co workers because of those Icarus teasers.

Give me that or another one of the "Modern Day Icarus?" mini docus.

It really doesn't matter anymore honestly.

I've sold this game to a half dozen of my co workers because of those Icarus teasers.

Yeah it looks amazing but I was a huge fan of the first one probably my favorite game this generation.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah it looks amazing but I was a huge fan of the first one probably my favorite game this generation.

Same here pretty much. It's an ongoing joke between my friends back home that I used to play it every week for two years straight when it first came out.

We all played it a ton. It was insane. We played the fucking demo every. single. day. before it released.

Same here pretty much. It's an ongoing joke between my friends back home that I used to play it every week for two years straight when it first came out.

We all played it a ton. It was insane. We played the fucking demo every. single. day. before it released.

Yeah I remember that demo, amazing.

I'm so proud of myself for sticking to my media blackout as well as I have. No previews read. Only have watched the initial "gameplay" footage and a couple of official trailers.

Previews and reviews are what really spoil games.

Agreed - can't wait to explore Columbia going in fresh. Those 'Truth or Legend' documentaries do just enough to hype me up without spoiling anything, they're really well-judged.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know if we get the TF2 items as soon as the pre-order number is reached?

(Go pre-order on Steam! I want those TF2 items! And a free XCom game would be cool too.)

bio-team-shorter-no-logo.jpg

Theoretically, yes, but it depends on whether or not the items are actually finished and ready for distribution. Brutal Legend's pre-purchase items weren't added until a few days after the pre-purchase period kicked off, for example.

Agreed - can't wait to explore Columbia going in fresh. Those 'Truth or Legend' documentaries do just enough to hype me up without spoiling anything, they're really well-judged.

It's a pity we didn't get a third video. As you suggest, they're very well done and the second instalment does end with, "Many questions remain as we continue to separate truth from legend."

I should be excited about this game but its been so long in dev and the troubles its had really make me doubt its good.

Usually longer time in over = a good thing, but it usually turns out the opposite.

Andrew.

Banned
Very true. I'd initially thought that the past two parts were released a day apart, but apparently I misread the upload dates on 2K Asia's uploads: Part 1 was uploaded on January 28th and Part 2 on February 15th, so we're due for the third instalment any day now.

I sure hope so. They're the most cleverly designed teasers for a game I've ever seen.

The impact is multiplied since Unsolved Mysteries used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was a kid.

Andrew.

Banned
Minerva's Den wasn't underwhelming whatsoever.

Seems the mixup with Bio2's devs is confusing on here for some Mike.

People are making such a big deal out of these supposed issues during the game's development. Let's at least wait for reviews before jumping to conclusions.

People are making such a big deal out of these supposed issues during the game's development. Let's at least wait for reviews before jumping to conclusions.

They make a big deal of it because they've been burned by it before. The difference being is that those times were they were burned was by second rate, snake oil studios like Gearbox.

Toa TAK

Banned
*Sigh* For the hundreth time, different development team.

Even so, I thought it was still great.

The story was a lot more powerful for me as opposed to BioShock 1. In Bio1 it was an adventure into someplace new, a completely different world.

But BioShock 2, I felt had more heart between Delta, Eleanor, and even Sinclair, who develops in his own right.

That's just me, though. I hold the both in high regard, and Jordan Thomas returned to Infinite afterwards, anyways.

Andrew.

Banned
Even so, I thought it was still great.

The story was a lot more powerful for me as opposed to BioShock 1. In Bio1 it was an adventure into someplace new, a completely different world.

But BioShock 2, I felt had more heart between Delta, Eleanor, and even Sinclair, who develops in his own right.

That's just me, though. I hold the both in high regard, and Jordan Thomas returned to Infinite afterwards, anyways.

Yeah and what about Meltzer? The father who travels to Rapture to look for his daughter who was snatched by Lamb? Very tragic story if you remember what happens to him. His audio diary photo is also the only one in the game that is in color.

codhand

my only beef with bioshock 2 is that i choose the big daddy route, which is totally game-breaking. i enjoyed graphics, gameplay, and story, all just fine, i need to try minerva's den already

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I should be excited about this game but its been so long in dev and the troubles its had really make me doubt its good.

Usually longer time in over = a good thing, but it usually turns out the opposite.

Other than a few standout examples (Duke Nukem, Colonial Marines) I don't think this is generally true.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah and what about Meltzer? The father who travels to Rapture to look for his daughter who was snatched by Lamb? Very tragic story if you remember what happens to him. His audio diary photo is also the only one in the game that is in color.

Jesus. I remember. Especially for those of use following the viral marketing, only for him to have a(n appropriate BioShock) bad end.

People wanted him in the game... just not like that!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Other than a few standout examples (Duke Nukem, Colonial Marines) I don't think this is generally true.

It's hard to be sure as games with notably protracted development periods are far from the norm. On the positive side of the coin, though, there's Team Fortress 2 releasing to critical acclaim after gestating for nine years.

Top Bottom