• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black - Season 2 - Starring Tatiana Maslany as everyone - Sat on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just marathoned the last 5 eps.

Donnie is the real key to this show. His badass turn was nothing short of top tier entertainment.

Oh and y'know, the rest was good too. A little haphazard and the amount of conspiracies is reaching a breaking point, but it's still consistently entertaining.

LegoArmo

To be honest, I'd have been okay with "some smart people made some clones, just because, why not", and the show turned into the adventures of Sarah and her sestras.

Chariot

Can Helena catch a goddamn break already??
To be fair, she isn't much of a fighter compared to the most badass sister.

iV9R7AWjyO81M.gif

GavinUK86

Just marathoned the last 5 eps.

Donnie is the real key to this show. His badass turn was nothing short of top tier entertainment.

Oh and y'know, the rest was good too. A little haphazard and the amount of conspiracies is reaching a breaking point, but it's still consistently entertaining.

Every time they replayed Donny shooting Leekie in the catch up bit at the start of every episode, I burst out laughing. Such a great scene. "I QUI *BANG*...T"

Edit: I couldn't resist

CdiEIt1.gif

DrBo42

Catching up and watching S1. Just got to the part where they discover they're patented and I can't stop laughing. Who really thinks that would hold up anywhere? Their very existence is illegal.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Catching up and watching S1. Just got to the part where they discover they're patented and I can't stop laughing. Who really thinks that would hold up anywhere? Their very existence is illegal.
Yeah actually both finales were disappointing in the lore/sci-fi aspects. I remember the build up to that being huge and then it seemed so far fetched. Basically slavery of living, breathing clones is legal?

DrBo42

Yeah actually both finales were disappointing in the lore/sci-fi aspects. I remember the build up to that being huge and then it seemed so far fetched. Basically slavery of living, breathing clones is legal?

Can't speak to what happens in S2 since I haven't watched any of it but man...they could have built it up to any other sci-fi bullshit and I would be more on board than with patenting. "They built a fail safe into us!" "We only live for X years!" All fine. To have the patent reveal and then our cute scientist go "They can take Kiera!" was just...ugh.

GavinUK86

I understood the patent was for the science behind the possibility of cloning not the actual clones (because that's illegal). Dyad are presuming one day it'll be allowed and then they have the monopoly on it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
UH OH, I'm not liking the look of the words "will likely be renewed"

careful, some slight possible spoilers and hints to season 3:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/752...c-show-will-likely-be-renewed-what-to-expect/

"likely"

I've gone through too many shows I loved that get cancelled prematurely while trash like Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother stay on air for years and years. I've already lost interest in most of TV due to this, PLEASE come back for a least one more season!

A bit nervous tbh
nerves.gif

kirblar

It's gotten really clear (unfortunately) that they're completely winging it, so the best you should hope for on the lore front is that it's not offensively stupid, imo.

Quick

Banned
UH OH, I'm not liking the look of the words "will likely be renewed"

careful, some slight possible spoilers and hints to season 3:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/752...c-show-will-likely-be-renewed-what-to-expect/

"likely"

I've gone through too many shows I loved that get cancelled prematurely while trash like Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother stay on air for years and years. I've already lost interest in most of TV due to this, PLEASE come back for a least one more season!

A bit nervous tbh
nerves.gif

HIMYM wasn't always trash, but it did overstay its welcome.

I'm with Cornballer and not worry about it.

It's gotten really clear (unfortunately) that they're completely winging it, so the best you should hope for on the lore front is that it's not offensively stupid, imo.
The creators keep saying that they already have a general mythology in place, and that the endgame is fixed, but sadly this is also how I feel.

Been marathoning through this from season 1. It's incredible how good Tatiana Maslany is in the different roles - I keep forgetting it's the same actress, which is weird considering they all look the same and are clones.

Do fertilized eggs still have stem cells? She might have tried to save Cosima.
Yes, cause they're more than just eggs. For in vitro fertilization they let the cells divide for a few days before implanting them. They even showed the first divide after the shower reunion. After those few days they're also developed enough to be used for stem cells.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I thought the reveal was pretty decent, but I didn't care for that direction. Not to mention that they chose the freakiest looking guy to have multiples. -_-

I wish they had stayed away from all of this, but let's see what happens next.

Hell of a dance scene.

I liked the finale. I couldn't tell if Rachael is meant to be dead or not, mind. Hopefully she is, seems like they've run their course there (by which I mean I have no idea what she wants, and I don't think the writers do either).

Was so disappointed when the clones weren't Paul. :lol

8bit

Knows the Score
Hell of a dance scene.

I liked the finale. I couldn't tell if Rachael is meant to be dead or not, mind. Hopefully she is, seems like they've run their course there (by which I mean I have no idea what she wants, and I don't think the writers do either).

Was so disappointed when the clones weren't Paul. :lol

Something looked a bit odd about the dance scene, the lighting wasn't quite right. Expected it was going to be Paul when they mentioned Project Castor as Castor & Pollux are the brothers borne by Leda according to legend but that might hint towards the plot in Season 3.

Grifter

I know they had to separate Helena, but what was she going out for? Is there a shared bathroom?

That dance was such a relieving scene I thought they HAD to kill Cosima following.

Not sure how those plans to spring Sarah were supposed to come together. Cosima's plan was apparently a single boosted pencil to shoot assuming she can isolate the room before her operation.

I would have rather liked Felix clones.
Felix or Paul clones would of been epic, but I guess they didn't want to take too much emphasis away from their main roles.

Mark is pretty much a blank slate still. I don't think we're gonna be following the male clones in the same way as the female ones.

Mark is pretty much a blank slate still. I don't think we're gonna be following the male clones in the same way as the female ones.
They've said they won't be as varied since they were all brought up to be military. I'm thinking we'll see Marc on his own, but the others will be in scenes with already established characters.

Grifter

She was going out to find her one true love (Jesse/Patrick Adams). That's why she had the hat in her hand.

I buy that. Took the hat as more of a memento considering she quietly snuck out and Jesse's a lengthy roadtrip and search away but she's resourceful (when off screen).

Thought the clones were gonna be Paul too, but kinda like the idea of The clones being mark.

He fits way better. Ari's a good actor and he's a creepy looking motherfucker too, so it's perfect. Plus it means the Prolethean arc wasn't a massive waste of time.

Paul's fairly deep in both Dyad and the military, yet someone manages to know fuck all about Leda or Castor until recently as far as I can tell, so that would be dub. (Also he can probably go away now, but he makes me laugh, he's so stupid)

Question: When will we know if Orphan Black has been renewed for a third season? —R. Downey

Ausiello:
I hear a pick-up is imminent. Here’s a little tidbit to tide you over: Helena may have torched the Proletheans’ farm, but, remember, Henrik’s wife was not home at the time. “Bonnie is still at large, that is true,” confirms cocreator Graeme Manson. “And we do like Kristin Booth, who plays Bonnie.” In other words, don’t be surprised if the Prolethean threat resurfaces. “They’re much reduced,” notes the EP, “but an angry Prolethean is a scary thing,”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, The Killing, True Blood, Supernatural, Elementary, Haven and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom