• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otrebor Nightmarecoat, greatest or worst Troll in GAF history? (Share your own too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Also people need to quit calling me a Blame Space alt. I've been on GAF longer than all these fools. I'm real, get over it. I'm a BOWSS.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Neuromancer said:
Man, Gaborn and ZephyrFate were both banned? When did this happen?

ZephyrFate was banned in Gaming for being snappy/insulting against another user.

Gaborn was banned for posting the Tor link to an illegal drug sale site--the link would have been easy to track down by Googling or whatever, but he still posted it. In Gaborn's case, we as moderation kinda screwed up because he actually posted the link a while ago and I don't think any of us noticed. It's pretty rare that people get punished that long after the fact, and I think just speaking generally that we don't like banning people after the fact because it's confusing for everyone. In the post-Google-warning era we unfortunately have to be a little more strict on enforcing that stuff than many of us might have otherwise been (in terms of the line between a warning and a ban for example). So, yeah, I don't think that whole process was really as clear as we'd have liked it to be.

If there's any other ban gossip questions or whatever, better to PM a mod than to discuss them in thread thanks.

Jenga

Banned
Timedog said:
Also people need to quit calling me a Blame Space alt. I've been on GAF longer than all these fools. I'm real, get over it. I'm a BOWSS.
yeah you're really a jenga alt

Jenga

Banned
ronito said:
Hell, he's not even Astro Lad.
astro lad isn't even effective anymore when you got like three pages of people going
"OH ASTROLAD YOU SO GOOD" after he makes a post

a good troll is a believable troll

dream said:
As you were looking for that, I found another thread he was in where he was defending pedophilia and now I feel so uncomfortable.

Actually he has never defended pedophiles that act on their urges. His argument is simply that pedophilia is not a choice. We shouldn't demonize pedohpiles that don't act on their urges because it prevents them from getting the help they need to deal with their socially unacceptable urges.

Also holy shit @ that link. Methos75 is such a disgusting and scientifically illiterate human being.

Rapstah

crimzonflame said:
The greatest troll was that dude who made up the story about his missing girlfriend's body being found 20 miles into the woods.
When the trolling part started GAF was already on to him. We trolled him if anything.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
That Gaborn banning is weird. It's like the mods lit his cigarette for him and he got to say a few words to his friends before walking out to the firing squad.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Borgnine said:
That Gaborn banning is weird. It's like the mods lit his cigarette for him and he got to say a few words to his friends before walking out to the firing squad.
link?

SamVimes

dream said:
blame space printing out a picture of some guy's avatar and taking a picture of him pissing on it was probably the greatest thing ever just because avatar man took it so personally. He was genuinely upset over the defacement of his avatar.
This!
And come on, everyone could see that it wasn't really piss.

bengraven

Sennorin said:
I don´t really like such troll characters. The story is either true and truly sick, or it´s made up, and bears the question why one would post made-up stuff. Just isn´t fun if you´re lying.

*snip*

*saved*

Jenga said:
astro lad isn't even effective anymore when you got like three pages of people going

Also, 90% of AstroLad's content nowadays is considered, decent posting.

On the subject of trolls, we need more love for bish.

G-Fex

The Frankman said:
Game recognizes game, fool.

and you lookin' pretty unfamiliar right now.

You're buying yourself a parking ticket you can't afford.

Pick your cards wisely franko

notworksafe

InsertNameHere said:
Wow. I always thought he was weird when he first started posting, especially in this big furry thread that what's his face, the guy with the bloody chick avatar, posted. I guess I was right.
Checking out furry threads, eh? If it wasn't for that avatar, you'd be added to the untrustworthy list.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nah. There is a fine line between quality, provocative trolling and simply writing offensive things to get a rise out of people. Anyone can do that, but most of us aren't desperate enough for attention to do so.

DeathIsTheEnd said:
I think Gaborn accidentally, or not, posted the link to that Silk Road drug site. His ban is just for a week I think.
Wow.

Stumpokapow said:
If there's any other ban gossip questions or whatever, better to PM a mod than to discuss them in thread thanks.
OK thanks, will do.

Damn am I the only one working super slowly through this thread? All those threads being linked to. Fuck this is just as bad as wikipedia hell, and the worst part is that I've read most of these linked threads before... Gaf stealing my time on the double :(

Snuggler said:
Nah. There is a fine line between quality, provocative trolling and simply writing offensive things to get a rise out of people. Anyone can do that, but most of us aren't desperate enough for attention to do so.

Well said sir. That is 100% true. Most of you should not do it since you have a reputation to hold with yourselves and god knows a forum is a great way to do so. I might suggest, if you pardon my suggestion, toning down your cats color in the sunglasses area. You might raise attention.

X26

Banned
Subtle trolls that only do it occasionally (astrolad, wario) >>> tryhard joke account trolls (otrebor)

then you have enigma's like chinner and timedog

the chris

IZkwi.jpg

This thread is great. It's like a mutual acknowledgement and respect of trolls. It's funny how people have their own little suspicions of who is an alt of who.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Well said sir. That is 100% true. Most of you should not do it since you have a reputation to hold with yourselves and god knows a forum is a great way to do so. I might suggest, if you pardon my suggestion, toning down your cats color in the sunglasses area. You might raise attention.

cincogorbyqq0.gif

wait holy shit nightmarecoat is the "curse of the fat hides our penis" guy? mindblown

i didnt recognize him without that duck avatar

hSVsN.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Jenga said:

And yet he STILL gets people that have been on GAF for 5+ years.

qcf x2

brianjones said:
wait holy shit nightmarecoat is the "curse of the fat hides our penis" guy? mindblown

hSVsN.jpg

Yeah, I was like...who? Then I saw the weird duck and I remembered: the overweight, woe-is-me dude who slept with his grandmother or something.

So yeah, he's gotta be up there. I also read posts from Timedog, Dedication Through Light and DR2K with a smile on my face.

And wow, PhoenixDark, what happened to you? What's become of your life, particularly with regards to women?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
bengraven said:
Are we even allowed to do this, call out other GAFfers?

Because I can, you know.
Who'd you have in mind?
The Frankman said:
You're writing a check I'd advise you not to cash.

No amount of money can cover your lack of game.
Oh shit, destruction.

G-Fex

The Frankman said:
You're writing a check I'd advise you not to cash.

No amount of money can cover your lack of game.

My money's good, I put it on my tab.

My game is fresh, yours is just drab.

qq more

pilonv1 said:
Someone needs to link that up asap
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404430

Damn am I the only one working super slowly through this thread? All those threads being linked to. Fuck this is just as bad as wikipedia hell, and the worst part is that I've read most of these linked threads before... Gaf stealing my time on the double :(
I sometimes have the urge to say FUCK YOU to anyone that links to tvtropes in a NeoGAF thread. I waste so many hours there. lol

Angry Fork

One of my favorite posters on gaf, by far. Even if he's always trolling he knows how to do it properly. It's hilarious. Unfortunately now that everyone knows him for that it's not going to be as funny anymore and he won't be able to catch people, I hope he continues it though.

the chris said:
Oh shit rofl. Amazing.

brianjones said:

hSVsN.jpg

oh shiiit that's the post that I remember this dude for. Yeah I like this guy he's hilarious.

Acerac

Banned
DrinkyCrow and Astrolad haven't been active for quite some time. I miss them.

mre is probably my favorite that still posts, though he has really cut back on his... conflictuousness as of late.

Cobalt was a fun poster who didn't last very long. Every time I see a poster with his avatar I hope he has returned. :(

entremet

I like him. He's pretty funny and still kinda under the radar. The troll hall of famers like Astrolad and Drinky Crow, while great, you know what you're gonna get. Nigthmare still has the shock factor going for him.

Poyunch

brianjones said:

hSVsN.jpg
Holy shit is right. Now I remember the guy. Wow okay I thought this dude was permabanned. I remember the chubby penis thread but I totally associated it with his old avatar. Man Otrebor you need to go back to your old avatar. It was way more memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom