• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otrebor Nightmarecoat, greatest or worst Troll in GAF history? (Share your own too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X26

Banned
Just remembered one, ignatius or something, he made a bagged milk related joke (I think) and got a good response. He enjoyed the attention so much that it then became his schtick where he would constantly try to troll anything related to canada with tryhard posts.

etiolate

Banned
Why are you all obsessed with trolling? It seems like a way to get attention but at the cost of the power of your own voice and authority. You basically cry wolf and then giggle if someone turns their head, but isn't the eventual end that nobody turns their head? And nobody cares what you have to say anymore? Seems like a depressing end just for a bit of attention.

akira28

This isn't fun guys. Dissecting the troll like that. I mean, it's funny when you do it in thread to troll the troll, but in it's own thread? This is like explaining a joke, with diagrams. I don't think the trollers themselves even think they deserve a hall of fame thread. If their trolled thread makes a Best of GAF list because of them, then that's mission accomplished, legitimately. But this, this is like, as fake as nominating your friend for class president. Bad pool, i say.

Though this thread does help me remember not to take anything Roberto Dreamcoat says in the future, ever. That's helpful.

etiolate said:
Why are you all obsessed with trolling? It seems like a way to get attention but at the cost of the power of your own voice and authority. You basically cry wolf and then giggle if someone turns their head, but isn't the eventual end that nobody turns their head? And nobody cares what you have to say anymore? Seems like a depressing end just for a bit of attention.

"At the cost of the power of your own voice and authority". You're assuming everyone cares about this. Some people just don't care about their integrity in a message board of all places. Its mostly anonymous and it does not mean they are this way in real life. Remember we all have our roles to play depending of the situation corresponding our stance or place in our society. Dont think about it too much. Some people just like to laugh, make others laugh, watching reactions, getting attention or tell their secrets using a forum as a church's confession booth.

Is that depressing? Most of the time.

akira28 said:
This isn't fun guys. Dissecting the troll like that. I mean, it's funny when you do it in thread to troll the troll...

Though this thread does help me remember not to take anything Roberto Dreamcoat says in the future, ever. That's helpful.

Yeah, I agree. One positive thing about being marked as a "troll" is that it gives you a liberty of expressing your deepest, darkest, well kept secrets and no one will believe you.

shuri said:
it's just a gimmick poster with 'shock' posts that will be forgotten in a month. Some of you guys are really trying too hard...

Youre too kind. A whole month? Dont insult the people here. All of you have more important things on your minds. Like Harry Potter. Now thats something that sticks with you.

shuri

Banned
it's just a gimmick poster with 'shock' posts that will be forgotten in a month. Some of you guys are really trying too hard...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Yeah, I agree. One positive thing about being marked as a "troll" is that it gives you a liberty of expressing your deepest, darkest, well kept secrets and no one will believe you.

This is the funnest part. That's why I don't consider myself a troll, all I'm doing is telling the truth :D.

soultron

Banned
X26 said:
Just remembered one, ignatius or something, he made a bagged milk related joke (I think) and got a good response. He enjoyed the attention so much that it then became his schtick where he would constantly try to troll anything related to canada with tryhard posts.
Anyone who trolls us with bagged milk "jokes" is only trolling themselves. Enjoy your HGH, kids!

Machine

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
All of you have more important things on their minds. Like Harry Potter. Now thats something that sticks with you.

Now you're just being ridiculous!

SteveWinwood said:
Holy shit. I just realized the guy who blame space pissed on is the guy who screwed someone over in the candy thread. Hahahahahaha.
Most likely no one cares, but that was a mistake and I sent him another box of candy after my vacation.

It sucks that I will be "remembered" for getting pissed on and pissed off by a troll.

No mention of Nintendo's Booger? He lacked subtlety, but some people still fell for his threads, and the character was very well-realized and consistent. His threads are still some of the most entertaining in GAF history.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
dr3upmushroom said:
No mention of Nintendo's Booger? He lacked subtlety, but some people still fell for his threads, and the character was very well-realized and consistent. His threads are still some of the most entertaining in GAF history.
First page.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
X26 said:
I forgot about this guy. I think he even changed his avatar to a Canadian flag with an x on it or something.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Serenade said:
I forgot about this guy. I think he even changed his avatar to a Canadian flag with an x on it or something.
It was pretty awesome, only because his trolling was so bad but he put so much effort into it.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Timedog said:
It was pretty awesome, only because his trolling was so bad but he put so much effort into it.
Some people are like that. like a comedian that opens with the same joke every session.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Serenade said:
Some people are like that. like a comedian that opens with the same joke every session.
What if the comedian kept telling variations of the same joke over and over again, until people started booing, and then people started leaving, and the sheer audacity of what he was trying to do made you a fan of his for life?

It didn't even matter if he was doing it ironically or not, just the fact that he was doing it changed your entire worldview and base-level philosophies.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Most likely no one cares, but that was a mistake and I sent him another box of candy after my vacation.

It sucks that I will be "remembered" for getting pissed on and pissed off by a troll.

a troll huh

i feel bad for killing this thread.

ChocolateCupcakes, i sincerely apologize for pissing on your likeness. may you fly as free as a bird..

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Who was that pro-Sony troll?
I think his avatar was of an Asian guy, and his username was something very short, like Snah.. only one syllable.

He was basically Sony's AceBandage.

dallow_bg said:
Who was that pro-Sony troll?
I think his avatar was of an Asian guy, and his username was something very short, like Snah.. only one syllable.

He was basically Sony's AceBandage.

Wollan?

blame space said:
i feel bad for killing this thread.

ChocolateCupcakes, i sincerely apologize for pissing on your likeness. may you fly as free as a bird..
Do you think I'm mad? Thanks anyway.

For the most part your funny but then you have your moments of derailing a thread and it gets annoying. That's the only reason why I call you a troll.

Momo

Banned
segata sanshiro, although not a troll had a brilliant ability to draw out the comments he was looking for in people only to shut them down later.

Especially regarding Sonic

Has the anti-Apple/pro-Windows Steam foreign guy's thread been mentioned? Fuckin' hilarious. RedScarlet even changed the guy's avatar to an Apple logo.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Found it!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395227

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom