• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Game Podcast – Episode #3 (Shawn, N'Gai, Luke, Robert)

Broseybrose

Cat in the Hat said:
The intro music is dope as hell.
yeah, awesome song! props to whoever wrote it.

edit- The Weathermen. Of course, the ever-corpulent DuckRacer would think to post it in the OP.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Easily the best episode yet. I'm looking forward to giving I Come To Shanghai's new album a listen. I've been meaning to track down Walking Dead for a while, if only as a point of reference during the discussions, but having never really been in to comics before, I just haven't been motivated to do so. If anyone can provide me with a link to buy it online (because I'm a lazy spoiled piece of shit), that would be awesome.

In any case, keep up the good work, guys.

Cohsae

Rez said:
Easily the best episode yet. I'm looking forward to giving I Come To Shanghai's new album a listen. I've been meaning to track down Walking Dead for a while, if only as a point of reference during the discussions, but having never really been in to comics before, I just haven't been motivated to do so. If anyone can provide me with a link to buy it online (because I'm a lazy spoiled piece of shit), that would be awesome.

In any case, keep up the good work, guys.

http://www.kingscomics.com.au/catal...+dead&osCsid=d23e2fd02fbc01a5d961cab223a06b97

That's a store in Sydney, I've ordered from them before and not had any problems. There might be better prices if you shop around (or maybe not, I dunno) but they seem reasonable. (You are in Australia right?)

Next episode, Jeff, better mention Moses, the seders or not eating bread. He must complain about something Passover related or he's not Jewish.

GhaleonQ

The creativity conversation got me thinking. I don't know if you guys are taking topic requests, but as pretty self-aware guys, I'm wondering how you all feel about the collaborative nature of culture these days (I'll try to keep it out of Time Magazine, "THE FUTURE IS YOU!" territory). Do you guys ever feel oppressed by postmodernism or avant-garde art, and if so, do you go way back to the massive lode of stuff you'll never exhaust or do you look for more traditional modern art? Do people who post shot-for-shot recreations of movie scenes waste their time worse than previous generations, due to their hope for an audience, or is it just the 21st century equivalent of "I have this novel I'm working on"? Do kids who spend less time creating games, gadgets, or art ruin their chance of one day accidentally making something great (basketball, Lewis Carroll's stuff), or are we so developed in that area that accidental brilliance doesn't occur anymore? Do art movements move too quickly for people to practice and excel at something?

Nice episode, all.

Cohsae

Suburban Cowboy said:
I get the impression Luke is coming off a year long drought of pussy. He seems very pleased with himself
Yeah. Also when N'Gai aked about Luke's diet, am I the only one who noticed Luke's protein remark?

Thomper

Nice, downloading now. For a podcast done over Skype, the previous two episodes were pretty good.

(For the GFW Radio reunion you guys are planning - accepting any candy donations? I never got around to sending any candy when you guys were still around, but maybe some Dutch candy during the PAX-reunion thing might be interesting. Any particular place I should send that to, in a few weeks/months when PAX nears?)

Triphos

Neo Member
Shawn: Which book about the Medusa did you read? There are two books titled The Wreck of the Medusa: whatever whatever whatever on Amazon so just that part of the title isn't any help.

It sounded really interesting, but I didn't catch an author's name or anything.

Aselith

Suburban Cowboy said:
I get the impression Luke is coming off a year long drought of pussy. He seems very pleased with himself

He works for Bungie, man. They have ladies on retainer at their office from what I hear. You don't go on droughts when you get down with Bungie unless it's self imposed.

Mar

Hmm... As much as I like all the dudes on this podcast. At the moment it feels like it lacks focus.

I like a podcast that goes on tangents as much as the next guy. But it needs to be a tangent that everyone can get involved with or relate. At the moment it feels like Shawn talks about something that no one else on the podcast can get involved with, let alone the audience. Perhaps a good discussion of the topics at hand and ensuring everyone else has had some involvement with the subject matter before recording could help? If it's more than one guy offering their opinions on a subject then at least the audience has something to listen to. At the moment it feels like a monologue.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
wait....

a podcast in which all of my fallen stars join together to talk to each other?

do mine eyes decieve me?

I'm seriously about to cry a little bit. I GET TO HEAR BLACK DRAGONS SWEET, SILKY COO IN MY EAR AGAIN!!!

Aselith

Kodiak said:
wait....

a podcast in which all of my fallen stars join together to talk to each other?

do mine eyes decieve me?

I'm seriously about to cry a little bit. I GET TO HEAR BLACK DRAGONS SWEET, SILKY COO IN MY EAR AGAIN!!!

Not today.

WaltJay

jdub03 said:
can i subscribe to this on my zune?

I pasted the RSS feed into the Zune software, so even if it's not on the official marketplace yet (might be by now), it will still automatically DL like any other podcast subscription.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mar_ said:
Hmm... As much as I like all the dudes on this podcast. At the moment it feels like it lacks focus.

I like a podcast that goes on tangents as much as the next guy. But it needs to be a tangent that everyone can get involved with or relate. At the moment it feels like Shawn talks about something that no one else on the podcast can get involved with, let alone the audience. Perhaps a good discussion of the topics at hand and ensuring everyone else has had some involvement with the subject matter before recording could help? If it's more than one guy offering their opinions on a subject then at least the audience has something to listen to. At the moment it feels like a monologue.
the first episode felt like this to me, and perhaps parts of the second one, but I reckon that this episode was much better in that regard. It felt like everyone had something to say, except for maybe Luke during the Walking Dead segment.

It's getting better every week, but I do agree that a bit more of a structure would improve it.

Top Bottom