• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Game Podcast – Episode #3 (Shawn, N'Gai, Luke, Robert)

DangerStepp

voltron said:
I love roti. When I was living with my Dad in Malaysia (hes British working there) I ate a lot of roti canai (pronounced 'chun-eye'). Its bread shit you rip off and dip in an assortment of different flavoured sauces.

Sounds simple I know but fuck me if it isnt Gods own food (or so I thought at the time - I was 20). So cheap too, from roadside stalls and markets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti_canai

edit-

97a74b87505d8596_m.jpg

God im getting hungry just thinking about it.

and another pic:

roti-canai.jpg

fuck it, Im looking a recipe for this shit and making it myself. getting authentic tasting sauces will be the hard part though.

That does look good. I find the sauce part interesting. Did they range from spicy to sweet?

FartOfWar

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Do you guys ever plan on having a Wire discussion? Shawn seemed eager to talk about it way back on GFW Radio, and I would still like to hear his impressions.
It's possible. I'm on season three of my second viewing now.

I knew N'Gai lived around Vancouver at some point; didn't know it was Surrey. (The punchline of many jokes around here, typically starring a "Surrey Girl".)

Liked the discussion about food a lot. All of it reminded me of various stages of my own life -- I lived with and loved casseroles, ate "weird" shit without giving it much thought, fell into regular dietary habits -- to where I am now, just trying a little of everything though I've definitely been leaning toward Indian cuisine lately.

Banned
Why haven't I known about this? I remember the twitters, but fuck! How didn't I know this happened!!! The greatest podcasters ever, and N'Gai. Wicked.

Firestorm

DangerStepp said:
That does look good. I find the sauce part interesting. Did they range from spicy to sweet?
Yeah, you can dip it in a lot of different sauces and it's great with meat too. Chicken, lamb... And tons of varieties. Not sure what the ones I like are called in English other than naan.

I had no idea N'gai lived in the Greater Vancouver Region before.

voltron

DangerStepp said:

typical Asian style flavours. Definitely spicy. Curry flavours, stuff like that.

StuBurns

Banned
McBacon said:
I saw Gilmore Girls was on, and am now watching it on Jeff's reccomendation.

Or was it Golden Girls...?
Golden Girls, but Gilmore Girls is much much better. Mummy Gilmore is yummy.

Robert Ashley said:
I absolutely hate playing recordings in front of friends (or even a strangers). You sit there all quiet and stare at the person listening (or I usually pace off to the kitchen and shuffle some dishes around), then they have to come up with something to say about it. You make music to connect to people--that's definitely the point--but I'd rather not be anywhere on the premises when that connection occurs (or is attempted).

AMEN to this, though in my case it's videos and not music. To me the worst part is that shuffling off puts you out of sight, but not earshot -- I can hear when people are laughing, which is great, but I can also hear when a joke completely bombs, and that's a heartbreaker. Then, of course, there are the akward moments afterwards when the audience you just heard not laugh at a single bit in your crappy video tells you "it's good."

Even worse is remaining convinced afterwards that the material is good and the audience is wrong, because you basically have no proof of that and feel arrogant for even considering it.

On the other hand, when you leave the room and hear people cracking up... :-D

Pimping for one such video (runs about 1.5 mins): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fE--b4JIYs

Unrelated note: I respect the opinions of the folks who want a more focused podcast, but I'm LOVING the roving nature of the conversation. (0.02 American Dollars)

FartOfWar said:
It's possible. I'm on season three of my second viewing now.

do it. I only watched Season 1 borrowed from a friend, but it's really good and I was about to dig up old GFW episodes when it was mentioned. I'm waiting for my DVD series set to arrive before continuing on.

Yoritomo

At this point I think I've turned off all of my friends from watching The Wire. My crazed wire evangelism has backfired.

McBacon said:
Boy, I'm glad you're not milling around in my kitchen, or it would be awkward city, population: us.

If your post was a video, and you were in your kitchen, I'd laugh at it because it's funny.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not making any claims of brilliance; sometimes you do stuff just to do it. Much, I'd imagine, like a musician.

I want to chime in asking for the Walking Dead discussion as well; I'm not completely caught up but I've read up to
the end of the prison debacle
. I'd love to hear specific likes or dislikes, as I've got this boatload of opinions here I'd like to move to shore.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This is one of my favorite podcasts because of the people involved. Ok, I'm sort of a Shawn Elliot and Robert Ashley nerd fanboy when it comes to game talk, but N'Gai is really great too (and I feel bad because I don't like his writing as much sometimes).

But you have to admit the flow is a little lopsided. Shawn can talk forever, lol. I start feeling awkward for the other folks involved. Get N'Gai in more!

And I'm sorry, but Luke just has nothing to say. His best days were 1Up videos many moons ago! I'm talking purely from a "entertain me you monkeys" standpoint of course. I'm glad his life is busy.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Thomper said:
They said there'd be a new episode every two weeks, so I assume the next one will be recorded this weekend.
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realise it was bi-weekly.

voltron

Hopefully Luke can get in the groove this time.

Luke, make those fuckers record at a decent hour man! Maybe saturday arvo after youve had a coupla little drinkies there - maybe kick back on the EZ-chair with just your pants on while a lady friend peels grapes while adjusting your wireless podcasting headset and refilling your tumbler with some lubricating whiskey.

Top Bottom