• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlander - Scottish highland time travel romance from Ron Moore - back for S1 Pt 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hythloday

Variety: Richard Rankin is the newest Season 2 cast member!

Described as intelligent, kindhearted, and charming, Roger is the grown up version of Reverend Wakefield’s adopted son, who we met in season one. After his parents died in World War II, Roger was raised by the Reverend (with help from his housekeeper, Mrs. Graham) and is a proud Scot through and through. Now a professor at Oxford, Roger has a keen interest in history, and all the secrets and insight it presents.

TheOddOne

- Variety: ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Premiere Date Revealed.
Starz has announced that Season 2 of “Outlander” will premiere Saturday, April 9 at 9 p.m., almost a year after the show aired its Season 1 finale on May 30, 2015.
outlander-season-2-poster-jamie-claire.jpg

hythloday

Better get cracking! I'm eager to see when/where/if they've made changes so I think I might do a re-read. There are bound to be some, and all the ones with book/season 1 made sense. It won't be a bad thing.

So, after getting a chance to watch the trailer on a full screen instead of my phone, wow.

This season looks like it's just going to be beautiful. Last season was, too, but when I think of season 1, mostly I think of the colors "green" and "brown" (being mostly in the Scottish countryside, after all). Beautiful countryside, but still green and brown. Also, grey drafty Castle Leoch. Now Claire and Jaime are headed to France, and the show gets to have some fun with gorgeous fancy costumes and sets. The colors really pop in some of these pictures.

Music is great as usual.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Better get cracking! I'm eager to see when/where/if they've made changes so I think I might do a re-read. There are bound to be some, and all the ones with book/season 1 made sense. It won't be a bad thing.

I think I read that this season will have more changes than the first seasons did.

Music is great as usual.

I really hope they kept the opening credit theme.

Vlad

Trailers all do that nowadays. I hate it. In the case of movies, usually all the funny parts are in the trailer.

Yeah, normally they're bad enough with showing the "big" scenes out of context so you find yourself waiting for those scenes to show up, but there seemed to be a lot in this trailer that straight up gave plot points away.

Assuming it wasn't deliberately misleading or a dream sequence or something.

hythloday

This interview with Bear McCreary was interesting. Some very mild spoilers, of course. Of note:

He added: "In fact one of the characters in the book who makes an appearance is the
Count of St. Germain
, and when he made his appearance I looked him up on Wikipedia because I thought, ‘This feels like a real guy,’ and he is a historical figure who actually, among his many skills, was a composer and wrote music! And I actually had my music historian pull up some old music of his and I found a piece that I liked, so he wrote his own theme. The guy, when he’s on camera the music that’s being played is his theme that his character actually wrote in real life.”

That's just great.

hythloday

2 weeks to go until S2! I'm excited.

I ended up buying the Lawless EP which the "Dear God" song in the Season 2 trailer is from. Good stuff.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Starz Offers Free Sampling Of ‘Outlander’ Season 1, Just In Time For Season 2

Starz is offering all 16 first-season episodes of its Outlander series free through April 10, giving new and return viewers a chance to catch up before the April 9 debut of Season 2. The free Season 1 sampling is available via Starz linear, on-demand and/or online with select cable, satellite and telco affiliates, as well as Starz.com, Starz On Demand and the Starz Play app in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom