• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Any tips and tricks to being a good Mercy?

Every time I try her out I find myself alone getting destroying being Tracer and Genji.
Tracer and Genji are your enemy, to be sure. Pretty much any mobile character is going to cause you trouble, because they can chase... Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do other than rely on your team. Use your pistol when you can, but it's best practice to cower behind teammates whenever you get the chance.

Satch

Banned

Every time I try her out I find myself alone getting destroying being Tracer and Genji.

Nothing's going to stop that from happening. Just try to be as close to as many teammates as possible so you can try to fly away.

The enemy team is going to try to kill you because you're playing Mercy no matter what.

jotun?

I feel like it's easier than it seems to get PotG with Zenny.
I've got it a few times with just like a double kill.
Maybe I was just lucky and nobody else happened to do anything better...

There are just some things that are high-value enough to outrank normal multi-kills. For example if you kill a McCree who's using his ult on the objective, you have a good chance of getting a "Shutdown" POTG even if you don't do much else in it

Fjordson

It's tough if you get caught alone or with a super fast enemy.

Try to stay in the vicinity of at least one teammate or ideally multiple teammates. Then you can fly between them with guardian angel if you get in trouble.

Also don't forget to look for teammates above on ledges or whatever. Guardian angel has a surprisingly long range so you can sometimes escape 3-4 people shooting at you by flying to a teammate above.

edit: basically what Satch said. As a healer, the other team is gonna come at you whenever they can.

abundant

Nothing's going to stop that from happening. Just try to be as close to as many teammates as possible so you can try to fly away.

The enemy team is going to try to kill you because you're playing Mercy no matter what.

This is so true, especially when Defending. Mercy's ult is the biggest game changer in Overwatch, making her the most targeted player whenever she is on the field.

Ferrio

Banned

zdBLvH1.jpg

Also don't forget to look for teammates above on ledges or whatever. Guardian angel has a surprisingly long range so you can sometimes escape 3-4 people shooting at you by flying to a teammate above.

This has saved me quite a few times.

Question - When Mercy increases damage output of a teammate, does the buff only stay active for as long as the beam is running?

I feel like it's easier than it seems to get PotG with Zenny.
I've got it a few times with just like a double kill.
Maybe I was just lucky and nobody else happened to do anything better...

I got a sharpshooter one a few times, usually with the fully charged orb assault. a personal favourite being one where the game was so uneventful the play was me waiting behind the attack doors during the countdown charging and immediately taking out a Widowmaker in the distance when the door opened, mad skills.

Funny how they seemingly went from Zen's tranquility breaking PotG in his favour to that never getting a play at all from what I've seen.

Filthy 50ppp casual, you must play on consoles.
kappa

Well, in my case you're not wrong.

Just used Lucio in one of the KOTH maps. HOLY SHIT! The guy is freaking amazing. I really liked mercy, but mercy is better by going with tanks and helping. Lucio on tight spaces is a beast. I was not very good at changing between speed and heal at firts, but nearly at the ending, with 99% each team on the spot, the enemie has it and is basically extra time. I use speed, enter the fray, push everyone out, kill them with the gun (kill 3 guys), my team enters the point, the enemy throw 2 ults and a mei was hiding behind the walls trying to fuck us up, use the ult, heal everyone, we win.
PLAY OF THE GAME... enemy Reaper...
he also killed only 3 guys, i dont know what the fuck is blizzard doing with the potg shit.

Then I used it again defending the payload in the london, the beggining was shit, thankfully we hold them in the metal corridor with the S shape like 5 minutes. At the end with lots of ults they enter. And just at the last checkpoint, I push all my dead team with the speed boost, get to the point, I push some of the guys, kill 2 guys and th rest of the team kills the other. Super tight win, but it was amazing.

So yeah, Lucio is freaking amazing.

Good day, 10 wins and 5 loses. Much better than yesterday, thats for sure.

Top of page reminder that D.VA IS GREAT!

Those that cannot control such power.

It is indeed! Favourite character.

Satch

Banned
i was about to kill this mercy and my mei just blocked me from killing her and she got her rez off

if you elect me as president i will set all meis on fire

Mossybrew

Yeah, I think I'm kinda in this boat too. I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit, but the lack of variety in the modes is starting to wear on me just a little.

Yup. Same. I wonder if a lot of people are going to start getting bored within the next couple weeks, but that may just be me. Don't get me wrong the game is fun, it just feels limited and after a few rounds I start to get a deja-vu feeling and start wondering what to play next.

To people playing on controller...

What are your thoughts about switching L1 as jump. It seems it would be okay for most characters to have their special mapped to X. Except maybe Roadhog, it would be nice to have the chain remain a shoulder button attack. I guess though I could swap the chain to R1, Health restore to X. Any thoughts on that?

eek5

WTB group for pub stomping. I can't take this anymore. Will pay filthy sexual favors.

Game prioritizes premades against premades for matchmaking so if you play in a full "pub stomp" group you'll basically still get stomped half the time.

To people playing on controller...

What are your thoughts about switching L1 as jump. It seems it would be okay for most characters to have their special mapped to X. Except maybe Roadhog, it would be nice to have the chain remain a shoulder button attack. I guess though I could swap the chain to R1, Health restore to X. Any thoughts on that?

You can set custom controls per character so you can adjust each one to your liking. Bumper jumper is superior to regular jumping though unless you have a scuff or elite controller or something.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yup. Same. I wonder if a lot of people are going to start getting bored within the next couple weeks, but that may just be me. Don't get me wrong the game is fun, it just feels limited and after a few rounds I start to get a deja-vu feeling and start wondering what to play next.
As some one who played hundreds of hours of csgo a game with two game modes and like 7 maps that i actually play I'm not particularly concerned with the amount of content the game offers because the heroes are all interesting and team composition greatly changes the flow of every map and match.

With what we currently have i can see myself easily pushing 200-300 hours played before i feel like i need something to change or be added.

Rad-

When I play with gaffers and play organized, I feel like we get hard opponents almost all the time and lose like 75% of games. Then I go play with randoms and win like 75% of games without even trying.

It a the algorithm they use. Getting the game to pick up POTG that actually deserves it would be infinitely more complicated.

I suppose its that, but still, I little bit more work could be done with that algorythm, like taking into account how the game was won, or supports doing something cool to keep the team going in the payload or koth

eek5

I suppose its that, but still, I little bit more work could be done with that algorythm, like taking into account how the game was won, or supports doing something cool to keep the team going in the payload or koth

No one will ever be happy. You show a lucio hitting his ult and getting a couple 20 pt eliminations and the other guy that killed 6 dudes earlier in the game will be asking why hes watching that boring shit when he went off offensively

When I play with gaffers and play organized, I feel like we get hard opponents almost all the time and lose like 75% of games. Then I go play with randoms and win like 75% of games without even trying.

I believe the system matches premades with other premades. So chances are you're probably playing against others who are organized as well.

I wonder 2 things:

1 - how big the game actually is. Like even the FGC guys I follow on twitter for example wont shut up about it, and those guys usually only play, well, fighting games

2 - when the drop off will begind (or has it already) and where the playerbase will settle at once the hype subsides (and it will, everything does)
no drop off ever. we only growing from here

#believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom