• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Summer Games 2017 Trailer and Skins, live now

Lol. I wouldn't hold your breath on the queue. It used to be about 300-400 people who were ahead, and, as soon as you got in front, it would disconnect you. You may wait for like 40,000 people, and then just kicked.

Yukinari

Wow i guess i got my BMX Reaper wish huh.

And some swim trunks mccree and bikini top on widow is nice.

Wheres golfer 76

I need that Reaper skin it's so good <3

I also want that McCree, Mercy and Widowmaker skin but not as much as I want that Reaper skin.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I want Mercy's skin, opened the first two boxes and nada. Should I actually pay up for a few?

sugarman

The game knows I play a lot of Mercy, so of course after buying 25 boxes they give me any skin except hers. Thankfully I have my 3k credits ready.

Naite

Managed to get all the event skins except for McCree, Junkrat, and the 2 Lucio and Tracer skins. I'm satisfied.

K.Sabot

100% of the stuff I got from 10 boxes was from last year.

Giving blizzard the biggest side eye rn

its like they are front loading the old shit and making the new shit super low %.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No. Now that duplicates are virtually gone you shouldn't have issues grinding the skins out a bit.
I just started getting into the game, I'm level 13, so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to get the skins one wants relative to the other big games with loot boxes.
I'll try it out.

Giga Man

well, im only interested on that mercy skin, the others ones would be a plus

also mercy looks extraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cute on these pictures
Mercy is always cute, and beautiful, and gorgeous... Should I stop?

Soldier's was completely unexpected. I love it.

I just started getting into the game, I'm level 13, so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to get the skins one wants relative to the other big games with loot boxes.
I'll try it out.
You'll get at least 1 summer games item per box and you don't have to worry about dupes. The grind to get everything will take a while, but the chances of you getting some good skins fairly quickly for the summer games is high. Save buying for the last day you plan to play the event.

etta

my hard graphic balls
You'll get at least 1 summer games item per box and you don't have to worry about dupes. The grind to get everything will take a while, but the chances of you getting some good skins fairly quickly for the summer games is high. Save buying for the last day you plan to play the event.

Cool cool, thanks for the deets.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
aaaaaaaand booted out.

Man people are really bad at Lucioball.
Took me two games to figure out the mechanics

What the fuck is going on with this game? It has never had problems before on big events like this. And why am I being booted to the main menu put back into a queue when I am already in a game?

Yukinari

Just had a comp match where our team had a leaver, the leaver got replaced by someone from the OTHER TEAM and then the map switched mid-game and everyone left so we won.

Normal comp match not lucio ball.

jorgeton

Booted just as we captured the point in total mayhem :(

Didn't realize the summer games would be this popular! Not even Uprising had issues like this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Feel like I'm in an actual queue now because it's been stuck at 20000, 10000, and now 9000 for ages.

EDIT: And back in!

First competitive game, (not lucioball) got a throwing Hanzo. Ask why he's throwing, says he salty about lucioball. This just reminds me why I gave up overwatch
Edit: and he's on my team again. Fuck this game lol

First competitive game, (not lucioball) got a throwing Hanzo. Ask why he's throwing, says he salty about lucioball. This just reminds me why I gave up overwatch
Edit: and he's on my team again. Fuck this game lol
Had some throwers in my last matches the other day and I was ready to drop the game completely too.

Then I get excited for the new skins but I get nothing but a Genji voiceline in my first box, get reminded that Lucioball is trash, and then get disconnected and the game is now unplayable on PS4. This event is certainly not rekindling my enjoyment of the game.

For everyone complaining about queues: are you all on console? PC had zero issues at all.

Yes

Currently stuck in a queue of 30000 people...was at 50000

They had 7 hours to fix this and its still not sorted out. After a long day of work, I was really hoping to play one or two games before bed but I guess thats too unreasonable.

KyleCross

Booted just as we captured the point in total mayhem :(

Didn't realize the summer games would be this popular! Not even Uprising had issues like this.
It's not the popularity, Blizzard did something new this time. Instead of releasing the event as a patch like always they released the patch almost two weeks ago with the Doomfist patch then activated it server side. Clearly something went wrong in the process.

Great. Kicked out of competitive and it won't let me back in. I guess I have to drop SR because they can't get their back end shit together.

It's not the popularity, Blizzard did something new this time. Instead of releasing the event as a patch like always they released the patch almost two weeks ago with the Doomfist patch then activated it server side. Clearly something went wrong in the process.

They decided to save money on patches, now they have to spend more to patch this problem...probably. Unless it can be fixed without a patch

cakely

I want Mercy's skin, opened the first two boxes and nada. Should I actually pay up for a few?

You have three weeks.

Get your nine wins in arcade every week, you'll get nine crates total plus whatever you get from XP rewards. See what you get, you might get lucky and get that Mercy skin. You're a low level so leveling is a bit quicker for you.

On the last day of the event, spend some coins and buy what you didn't get.

Top Bottom