• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch wins Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2016

Manu

I don't even play Overwatch but I hadn't seen a new IP become such a phenomenon in a long time.

In that sense I feel it's deserved, and the logical choice. Congrats Blizzard.

Jawmuncher

Curious to see what wins GAF GOTY.
I hope it's overwatch, but I expect Uncharted if last year is anything to go by.

kinggroin

Banned
Ok.

What game ever "deserves" it? Thats what these people chose, thats what it is.

Mine would have been Doom or something.

Well rigg-Well played.

Jk i love the fact that Uncharted didnt win a GOTY again, those games win waaay too many GOTYs, tires me out man.

Defuser

OW deserves it. Great game play plus a huge variety of likeable characters.

UC4 deserves to be beaten down by Dishonour 2 and OW.

DMONKUMA

Damn Sombra hacked the votes!
Nah just kidding congrats to blizz for making a very fun game. I honestly expected based on the event that Uncharted 4 might have won.

vareon

Congrats! The release of Overwatch felt like an event with all people talking, fanarts, and the game being fun itself plus Blizzard's support. It even got me and my friends who weren't into FPS multiplayer at all to have fun.

Yay! I've spent more time with Overwatch than any other game this year, hell, this generation. It came completely out of nowhere for me and is such a blast to play - glad it won game of the year!

antitrop

Yay! I've spent more time with Overwatch than any other game this year, hell, this generation. It came completely out of nowhere for me and is such a blast to play - glad it won game of the year!

600 hours for me. Maybe 700, I dunno, I kinda stopped counting.

Overwatch is huge right now, the characters memorable.

The gameplay is excellent.

Well deserved over the other nominations.

EL CUCO

I would've given to any one of those nominees but OW. Game never clicked with me, but congrats to Blizzard.

Awesome. It's definitely my pick. It's enthralled me more than any game in recent memory. Haven't put more hours into a single title since Mass Effect 2.

Strakt

well deserved

can i get a hell yea from all the hanzo mains and all the times we get told to uninstall

HELL YEA

Malo

Banned
It's my game of the year. I've pumped more than 300 hours into the game and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Well deserved!

Certinty

Played a bit of this and got totally bored after an hour.

Can't say I'm a big fan of MP FPS games though, but then I don't mind the ocassional game on the likes of CoD and BF.

FoxSpirit

Curious to see what wins GAF GOTY.
I hope it's overwatch, but I expect Uncharted if last year is anything to go by.
Naw, this year it's Doom.

And well done Overwatch, gameplay is fun overall depth is amazing. I can only play a handful of the characters decently and am sometimes amazed what potential other players can pull out from my bad chars even at my level.

Plus the amazing fanart microverse. Team Dad 76 :p

Khezu

I don't like the game at all, but I can respect a game actually winning based on gameplay for once.

So good on them.

mKVhlf7.gif

Blizzard: 1 Bad Guys: 0

mjp2417

Banned
Not even close to being my favorite game of the year, but it was undoubtedly a huge cultural force in video games this year and it always seemed like the obvious awards frontrunner.

I can't complain about that, Overwatch actually got me consistently playing a multi-player game for the first time in my life. Congrats to Blizzard and the Overwatch team!

Top Bottom