• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

An interesting observation I had the other day when I walked into a Toys 'R Us to get an intellivision and colecovision flashback was that they had several Xbox Ones, but not one PS4 in stock.

danwarb

Suppose the Xbox One were to sell more than PS4 in NPD, do the last seven or eight months of PS4 outselling Xbox One just disappear? The Xbox One may win a battle, but it is going to lose the war.

And so what? It is what it is. No need to get emotional about it.

I don´t know about hate, I just want the company that I think offers ME the best experience with it´s console and games to be rewarded for what I think is a job well done.

That has been Sony for the three previous generations and soon this one, when I actually get a PS4. Their first party studios are wonderful and show a long term comittment with the industry.

Also, I don´t blindly follow either I didn´t buy the PS3 at the ridiculous price point it was released at.

2thepoint

I honestly think GAF will be down for at least a half hour if Xbox One outsold PS4.

It would be hilarious - unfortunately, it won't happen due to the effects it would have on the space time continuum.

Majmun

This thread is probably giving Pachter a boner.

I'm starting to think that Pachter just wanted to instigate and experiment with this prediction. See what kind of reaction it would generate and test his impact.

I'm sure he's happy with this result..

Kosma

Banned
As an Economics student, I'm a huge fan of Pachter and his work. He does a great job. Statistics are hard, and Economist nearly almost never gets a prediction right, due to the hard understanding of human & consumer behavior.

Also because economy is a pseudo science and economists are hacks

No offence

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
And so what? It is what it is. No need to get emotional about it.

Who the fuck said I was getting emotional? How did what I say suggest that I'm emotionally invested in consoles? I was suggesting that people place huge emphasis and importance on a single month out of many.

ryuken-d

Who the fuck said I was getting emotional? How did what I say suggest that I'm emotionally invested in consoles? I was suggesting that people place huge emphasis and importance on a single month out of many.

oh man, sorry but if you weren't you are now. emotional I mean. aaaahhh I'm just fucking with you. no way man one month of stats is all us Gaffers need to declare a winner!!!!! PS4! PS4!

The man did not even make the prediction on Gaf, what the fuck would be the grounds to ban him?

CBOAT popularity is based on Gaf readers, so when his "insider info" is wrong it is a different story

I mean ban making threads about his predictions. Not his account (If he even has one here).

Cess007

Someone put a countdown already ! How long until the NPD results ?

From the NPD Prediction thread:

t1413498600z1.png

teiresias

So... The NPD numbers for September are pretty late by now?

NPD numbers don't come out officially until like 6:30pm EST and that's just to paying customers, so all we'll get is PR that usually doesn't involve actual numbers. For actual numbers we wait around for hints and such usually hours after that.

ClearData

NPD numbers don't come out officially until like 6:30pm EST and that's just to paying customers, so all we'll get is PR that usually doesn't involve actual numbers. For actual numbers we wait around for hints and such usually hours after that.

Thanks for the information.

That has to be the most disconnected prediction he made in a while.

So many people bought the Destiny Bundle. I used to be the only person I knew that owned the damn thing, and after the bundle, at least 10 of my friends and colleagues bought a PS4, all games that did not buy a PS4 at launch because they were waiting for a price drop and a killer app.

ICPEE

Someone clue me in. Why would GAF explode, or the earth thrown off its axis, or something like that if Pachter predictions are right?

Top Bottom