• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parasyte -The Maxim- |OT| Talk To The Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Parasyte 6

iDFbn3TNBLE76.jpg
ib1aKq2FheL0ae.jpg

The soundtrack seemed less bad than usual this time; there was a distinct lack of dubstep. Also, death flags everywhere.

Parasyte Episode 6

My man Shinichi you've suffered so much but you have grown. Shinichi's worn out face was nicely animated. Seriously though Migi and Shinichi are the biggest bros especially towards the end. Also Shinichi's recovery wasn't an asspull which some thought would happen lol. Anyways seeing Shinichi's upgrades was nice, going all spiderman. And the OST was fuckin brilliant and helped build some of the scenes nicely, so good. I'm really starting to like the OP and Ending a lot. I really can't wait till next week.

There's been a fair amount of good shows this season, but to me I believe Parasyte is AOTS. And currently it's my AOTY.

Thank you Madhouse for this great adaptation.

JDSN

Banned
Very nice episode, I liked the pay-off of Migi's constant research making it able to replicate a heart and transplant it on Shinichi, so I take it this parasite he is going to face no the mom? There is really no point in harming the husband, going back to her house and then do the trip back.

Branduil

Parasyte 7

iK3SF0g47mC51.jpg
iVSgnx0u3uz8P.jpg

The lack of awareness the girls in this series have of what genre they're in is stunning.

Parasytes continue to be OP in the number of abilities they possess. Sakurai, please nerf. The music continues to be less bad than it was in previous weeks. The action animation wasn't especially good in this episode, but it was serviceable enough. Also, midichlorians.

Double-bill next week.
kiseiju.jp said:
映画公開記念1時間SP

11月29日(土) 映画『寄生獣』の公開を記念して、11月26日(水)の日本テレビの放送は、stage:8とstage:9の2本立てでお送り致します。

お楽しみに!

Kyuur

Aw yis, double episode.

Good episode. I saw someone complaining about the new parasite guy in the anime thread and they seemed to imply he wasn't in the manga? Or maybe I just read it wrong. Can anyone who read the manga confirm?

Parasyte Episode 7

I really do love Uda and his Parasyte, they make such a great comic relief duo. The fight was nice and seeing Shinichi's abilities was great. Though I do believe they are saving their budget for later on in the anime.

Dat crush with Makiko though. Anyways seeing Shinichi alpha with his transformation was awesome. Handsome as hell too. Yeah things are gonna get better, so I can't wait till next episode. I also want more of Kana, that Miyuki voice so based.

Member876

Banned
Really liked the track that was playing in the background when Shinichi was running to duel with his mum. It did sound like some lame Blade Runner rip-off but still, it was pretty neat.

bengraven

Wow, what a blast from the past.

I got the manga in a small collection (I think it was called Justman comics? Despite what Wiki says, I know it wasnt Toykyopop,it was some indie collection with different color paper for every story - I think Parasyte was pink paper) in the 10c area of my comic book shop. It had this story and some crazy other ones (one about a vampire boy and another about a gun running down the street when things start to go insane and he has to keep running.

Wow, what a blast from the past.

I got the manga in a small collection (I think it was called Justman comics? Despite what Wiki says, I know it wasnt Toykyopop,it was some indie collection with different color paper for every story - I think Parasyte was pink paper) in the 10c area of my comic book shop. It had this story and some crazy other ones (one about a vampire boy and another about a gun running down the street when things start to go insane and he has to keep running.
You're thinking of Mixxzine! Before that became Tokyopop.

JDSN

Banned
I hope Uda and Parasite are not a one episode character, the later even seems more of a misanthrope compared to Migi.

Finalow

Uda seems like a nice addition to the cast, also I like how his parasite talks very differently from Migi and they explained why. "books vs tv", basically.

last 2 episodes were pretty solid, however I'm not really a fan of Makiko, especially in the anime.

Parasyte 8

In this episode, Shinichi goes full badass and gets all of the wimminz. No joke the harem aspect is by far the most off putting but not enough to bring down the show. We're introduced to a new character and he seems pretty interesting, probably a good villain for the near future.

I'll watch episode 9 (Since both supposedly came out today) later tonight as right now I have to head to the airport for thanksgiving.

Branduil

Parasyte 8-9

Well, it seems the parasytes
were indeed bio-engineered, and we're going with the Nausicaa justification.
Also, Shinichi's character change sure occurred fast.

As much as I enjoy the plot twists and turns in this show, they way it treats its female characters is

Parasyte Episode 8

It's really nice seeing Shinichi's personality change. Also
Shinichi seemed human by removing the puppy from the street, but then he threw the puppy in the trash can like it was nothing. And then he buried the dog instead because of Murano's reaction, but that educational commentary.
I felt bad but damn were those scenes hilarious. Then the dad mentions if Shinichi was made of steel Ahahahahahahahaha.

Also dat Kana with that Miyuki voice, need more.

Episode 9

Who the heck would have the thought process of
"Oh, this guy can change his face completely so he's probably a human-eating monster, so I'm going to go into a room with him alone and confront him."
Dumb girl.

Also, I'm surprised these two episodes didn't have much action. When I heard there would be two episodes this week, I thought things were about to go crazy. Well, I still thoroughly enjoyed these episodes, and things did in a way go crazy. Next week should be another great episode.

Kieli

When he told her to shut up, I burst out laughing.

Jesus, girl. How many times are you going to ask the same question?...

Parasyte Episode 9

Dat cliffhanger though.

Anyways we have Shinichi showing people who's boss. The great thing about this episode was further seeing Shinichi's change through his interactions. I mean the poor dude wasn't able to let lose his tears. Also that Migi saying "I'll think of other ways to make you feel better", why you little tease. Migi such a bro. Man glasses girl you just signed your death wish in confronting the very dude you suspect of being a monster 😒 The OST has been used really well, can't wait till next week.

And last but not least need more Kana.

Migi steals the show with like two or three lines. "That's senseless". Getting the BFF vibe already between these two and it's really nice somehow :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom