• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S3 |OT| Come Visit the Great City of Pawnee, IN. Renewed for S4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Season 3 premieres on Thursday, January 20th on NBC, 9:30/8:30c.
The episode will be on Hulu the day after, Friday: HULU

coKYr.jpg

U9RJL.jpg

Previews of S3: Pictures

Mike Schur talks S3: Interview

Amy Poehler Q&A: LAT Interview

Story:
The series follows the ambitions of perennially upbeat mid-level bureaucrat Leslie Knope, on her quest to better the town of Pawnee, a fictional town in Indiana.[3] As deputy director of the city's Parks and Recreation Department, her sense of enthusiasm is rarely shared by her unmotivated colleagues, who include the wisecracking Tom Haverford, the placid city planner Mark Brendanawicz, the deadpan antigovernment department head Ron Swanson, and his apathetic assistant April Ludgate. Leslie's best friend is local nurse Ann Perkins, whom she meets when Ann's boyfriend Andy Dwyer falls into a large pit near their house. Leslie takes on the quest to turn the pit into a park, which becomes her ultimate personal project. However, she finds herself repeatedly frustrated by bureaucrats and townspeople who stand in her way. While the pit-park storyline occupied the show's first season, the pit was filled in during second season, and the plot gradually began to explore Leslie's other projects and personal issues, including a fledgling romance. The second season also focuses on the personal lives of all the Parks Department employees, as well as Ann's new romance with Mark and April's affections for Ann's ex-boyfriend, Andy.
Characters:
SvbRa.jpg

April Ludgate <3
7lngD.jpg

Andy Dwyer
p5qMq.jpg

Ann Perkins <3
EHmup.jpg

Leslie Knope
WTswm.jpg

Ron Swanson
J7YLy.jpg

Tom Haverford

Enjoy. S2 was great. I'm sure S3 will be better. Will Mark and April hook-up? Will Ann ever find love? Will Leslie ever fill that hole? Why is Swanson so badass? Will DJ Roomba return? Will Tom ever get Ann?

And best quote:
Waiter: How do you want that cooked?
Leslie Knope: Medium roar.
Waiter: Medium rare?
Leslie Knope: No. Medium roar.
Waiter: For legal reasons we're not allowed to make puns about the temperature of the meats anymore.

Raxus

Don't let season one get people down. Season two was GOLD. In fact you can skip season one and not miss a beat in season two. Glad this is back, hope it doesn't go the way of the rest of NBC's shows.

Dennis

Banned
Looking forward to it.

As have already been said, the short first season was weak but the second season is great.

gdt

Just about the best comedy on TV. S2 is an alltime classic, just very very very very very slightly under The Office S2/3. GET ON THIS GAF.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They filled the pit early on in season 2.

Adam Scott and Rob Lowe are part of the main cast now, too.

Iceman

Man. I saw the promo pic in the op and when i noticed andy was missing i began to freak out. Phew. False alarm, heart. False alarm.

Btw. Can anyone find a video or link to andys birthday song to april, "september"??

Brinbe

Motherfucking finally, what a long and undeserved wait.

S2 was comedic perfection, and S3 can only improve upon that. :D

Dan

Vox-Pop said:
Will Mark and April hook-up?
Mark's off the show. Presumably you mean Andy.

Alex Dee said:
So I've been hearing that Donna isn't in this season. :( Can anyone confirm this?
If the cast photo doesn't say enough, she's definitely in the first episode.

Raxus said:
Don't let season one get people down. Season two was GOLD. In fact you can skip season one and not miss a beat in season two. Glad this is back, hope it doesn't go the way of the rest of NBC's shows.

I watched Season two in its entirety and never checked out season one. Is it worth watching? I loved Season Two and I cannot wait for the 3rd.

Dan

animlboogy said:
Rob Lowe's in too? I thought it was just Adam Scott as a regular.

Awesome, if so! His character is ridiculous!
He's definitely in the first six episodes, and I thought I heard they decided to keep him around longer. Maybe I'm mistaken on the last point.

animlboogy said:
I'm always suspicious when someone says something like this to me, but don't bother. Season one is just a short season of throwing characters out there and trying to figure out what to do with them. And mostly failing. Leslie especially is unrecognizable. Seriously. It's just not very good. I watched the first episode of season 2 on a whim after not liking -- damn near hating -- the first, and was very glad I did.

:lol That does not sound good at all. Guess I won't bother. Thanks.

Pumped up. This and Community are my Thursday night shows now. The only ones that can consistently keep me laughing.

I really hope Donna and Jerry don't get too much more screen time. I like Jerry's part but if they do too much with the side characters we'll run into a Simpsons / Office scenario.

spindashing said:
I watched Season two in its entirety and never checked out season one. Is it worth watching? I loved Season Two and I cannot wait for the 3rd.

You can if you want but I almost didn't watch Season 2 because of how much I disliked Season 1. Really, one of the only shows I can think of that had a premiere season so bad and was able to strike gold the next season.

all i remember about season 1 is that big empty lot

wait it was only 6 episodes? no wonder lol

leslie was mostly a poor michael scott imitation in season 1

I started Season 2 again today. I'd forgotten how amazing the cold open was to the season premiere. I hope they can top it in Season 3, but they probably can't.

Tucah

you speak so well
Can't wait, S2 is such an incredible improvement over the first and if S3 can keep this up, will cement the show as NBC's best comedy.

Iceman

The highlight of season 1 was the relationship between Leslie and Mark (the city planner). But because Mark won't be around anymore its really not essential watching. However, you can see a little bit of how mark influenced Leslie to take initiative on her own a bit, and step across the red tape. And I think that bled over into her personal life as well.

The rest of the season is fairly forgettable (although it is short, to be fair).. I don't even remember Ron Swanson playing a major role in season 1.. which is a shame.

Been re-watching season 2 and it is safe to say this is my favorite comedy show ever.

I am very excited for season 3 to start.

Sai-kun

Banned
God I never even watched past S1 but apparently I'm missing a lot. Must watch that first!

I love this show though :D

The hate for season 1 is a bit overblown. It obviously doesn't compare to season 2, but it serves as a rather enjoyable introduction to the show and its characters. Plus it's only 6 episodes, so it's not exactly a chore to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom