• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S4 |OT| Vote for Leslie Knope. Let's make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPac

Parks has been walking a thin line of mediocre this season. I haven't liked any of Leslie's campaign-related stories. And the silly relationshippy banter between her and Ben is just sickening. I still find the Ron/April/Andy stuff hilarious and Tom's schtick is still funny to me. I've only watched up to The Debate episode...I hope she loses so she can go back to doing Parks Dept. bidness.

Tom and Anne need to dealt with. It isn't working and its just irritating. I liked it better when Chris was in charge. Hes just too dopey anymore.

I don't expect Parks to go on forever, but I'd be saddened if an awful show like 30 Rock had a more successful run than it.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Tabris

I used to think 30 Rock was absolutely brilliant but it's really lost most of it's charm, especially when you have Community before it and Parks and Recreation after it, which are filled to the bream with charm.

I think it's just because they have run their course with most characters.

Ashhong

I thought it was common opinion that 30 Rock had gone down the shitter? I stopped watching so I could be wrong.

The one thing that bothers me about Parks lately is, like SuperPac mentioned, Ben and Leslie's relationship banter. It feels like every single episode they do the same joke:

Leslie on camera: I just want to fuck Ben all day long
Ben: *suddenly looks up* what'd you say?
Leslie: oh nothing *grin*
Ben: *stares blankly at the camera*

It's a bit much.

Ashhong

Absolutely loving Paul Rudd this episode, even more than the others.

edit: AWESOME finale

Extremely heartfelt and just perfect all around. I am a bit disappointed with Drunk Ann, but we'll see where that goes next season.

bjaelke

Absolutely loving Paul Rudd this episode, even more than the others.

edit: AWESOME finale

Extremely heartfelt and just perfect all around. I am a bit disappointed with Drunk Ann, but we'll see where that goes next season.

Imagine if they end up getting engaged/married before sobering up - Tom seems like the character that could take advantage of a drunk Ann

Arment

30 Rock is awful?
Learn something new every day.

I'm surprised so many people like it. It's always been a couple steps below funny to me.

Jenna is the most annoying character ever. And I was -shocked- when I heard someone as funny as Donald Glover wrote Tracy Jordan's lines. It just didn't seem possible.

Alec Baldwin is the only reason I ever watch it. And I agree with the opinion that it's gotten really bad as of late. Just how many times can you write an episode where Jenna is selfish or Tracy is crazy or Kenneth is naive.

Every now and then there's a great episode, so that's what keeps me watching. Much prefer The Office, Community and Parks.

big ander

I'm surprised so many people like it. It's always been a couple steps below funny to me.

Jenna is the most annoying character ever. And I was -shocked- when I heard someone as funny as Donald Glover wrote Tracy Jordan's lines. It just didn't seem possible.

Alec Baldwin is the only reason I ever watch it. And I agree with the opinion that it's gotten really bad as of late. Just how many times can you write an episode where Jenna is selfish or Tracy is crazy or Kenneth is naive.

Every now and then there's a great episode, so that's what keeps me watching. Much prefer The Office, Community and Parks.
I'm sort of a dick for this but I need to correct this when I see it:
Donald Glover did not write JUST Tracy Jordan's lines. People just assumed that because they're both black, which is ridiculous.

Of the shows on NBC's comedy block, The Office, 30 Rock, and Community have been picked up for next season (13 episode orders for 30 Rock and Community). Now lets just get Parks.

I thought it was common opinion that 30 Rock had gone down the shitter? I stopped watching so I could be wrong.

I thought Season 4 was really average but 5 has been much better. There have been some great episodes this year.

I have to say though, 30 Rock on and off day is still leagues away from being an awful show. I'd watch it for the Jack scenes alone.

Grinchy

Banned
How to create an episode of 30 Rock:

1- Zoom way in on actor's face.
2- Have someone read a line out loud to the actor while the camera is rolling. Then ask the actor to repeat it as fast as he/she can without any inflection or proper reaction. Make sure there is no acting taking place and that the actor doesn't even understand the words.
3- Repeat Step 2 with second actor. Splice footage together to make it seem like they are conversing with each other.
4- Include a lot of pop culture references so that the people watching the show actually think they are watching something clever and current.
5- Cry self to sleep.

big ander

Why are we still talking about freaking 30 Rock in the middle of an ASTOUNDING finale?? Wonderful capper to a great season. Best character work the show has done so far. Three cheers for Councilwoman Knope.

Grinchy

Banned
So what do you guys think will happen next season? Leslie will be busy with her new job, and Ben will be moved away and busy with his.

Will they break up? Is this the end of Ben?

Raxus

Leslie and Ben won't break up. Chris is going to be fat and an alcoholic. Andy will be training to be an officer. Jerry will fuck something up. Ron Swanson is Ron fucking Swanson (his secret double life will be revealed). Donna is going to inducted in the Benz Hall of Fame. Tom and Ann will slowly break apart or already have broken up by the start of the next season.

Why are we still talking about freaking 30 Rock in the middle of an ASTOUNDING finale?? Wonderful capper to a great season. Best character work the show has done so far. Three cheers for Councilwoman Knope.

Agreed. The show has really come into its own.

What was the Ron Swanson line about clear liquor?

Griegite

still a junior
Just echoing the thoughts on the awesome finale. Leslie voting was a great moment along with her and Ben speaking before she gives the speech toward the end. I enjoyed the season overall.

And Ron did say clear alcohol was for rich women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom