• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S3 |OT| Come Visit the Great City of Pawnee, IN. Renewed for S4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Tammy One, more amazing Ann/Chris chemistry (I know people don't like Ann's character but I think that she's such a straight man and that Chris is one of the most eccentric in this entire eccentric cast actually works), April the manager, Tom quitting and Leslie hiding scandals. This show is too miraculous.
The tag is supposed to be one of the craziest moments of the series.

Mrbob

Tammy one!

Amazing finale. When is season 4 scheduled to air? I know season 3 had been sitting on the burner for awhile before being shown.

Oh god the investor information for entertainment 720 per the website:

Entertainment 720 — Pro-forma Income Projections
YEAR 1 - $1-2 million
YEAR 2 - $30-180 million
YEAR 3 - $600 million-1.1 billion
YEAR 4 - $48 billion (includes income from projected acquisition of Viacom.)

Hahahahaha!

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Mrbob said:
Tammy one!

Amazing finale. When is season 4 scheduled to air? I know season 3 had been sitting on the burner for awhile before being shown.

Oh god the investor information for entertainment 720 per the website:

Hahahahaha!

I think it will start back up in September because 30 rock is starting late next season.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I need wallpaper sized jpg's of those new Rashida pics from GQ....I NEEDED THEM YESTERDAY GODDAMMIT.

Mindlog

Bravo.

I would like to see the series end in a season or two after Leslie gets elected to some minor office. That's a ways off though so for now bring on another season.~ Season 3 was quite an achievement.

Ashhong

AMAZING episode. Coupled with the best Office episode in years, this was a fantastic night of comedy. We need a goddamn GIF of Ron constantly avoiding that old woman and swiveling around
KuGsj.gif

burgervan

I'm kind of glad this show isn't a huge hit. It'll probably get cancelled while it's still good. Hopefully we'll get one or two more amazing seasons before that happens.

BertramCooper said:
If Parks and Recreation does not win the Emmy for Best Comedy this year, there is no justice in this world. What an amazing finale.

I don't see it winning, even though it definitely deserves it. The Emmys get so much wrong that I just consider their rare good moves (Cranston threepeat) to be flukes.

Silh

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I read that once, on a can of lemonade… But I like to think that it applies to life."

Never change, Andy.

Also,

kQxHm.png

BertramCooper said:
If Parks and Recreation does not win the Emmy for Best Comedy this year, there is no justice in this world. What an amazing finale.
True. There is no justice in the world.

I highly doubt it even gets nominated, given Emmy's affinity for hilarious "comedies" like Glee.

Belfast

I love Community to pieces, but no television comedy has made me this happy or laugh as consistently as Parks has (especially this season).

This is by far the funniest show on TV right now. The last time I was so fond of fictional of fictional comedy characers was Arrested Development. Hope this show won't have the same fate...

Vote Knope for Hope!

30 Rock is still my favorite overall, but this season Parks won out big time. Best comedy on NBC this season for sure. Hope it wins the emmy (eh who gives a shit if it doesn't, as long as it gets renewed and maintains quality then that's good)

Ashhong

You know, I care very much that they win an Emmy. I don't know how much that recognition means to the cast and crew but I am just going to assume it means a lot. They should be rewarded with an Emmy after an amazing 2 seasons of comedy. Everyone likes to be acknowledged. They deserve it.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Amazing is all i can say to describe this season of Parks.

This is just the best thing on TV and they totally deserve any accolades that should be going their way.

Also My idiot brother is now a definite watch with my fantasy women Zooey and Rashida start making out with each other, whatever movie theater I'm in, someone better call the ambulance due me exploding of hotness overload ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly, this was a pretty near flawless season. Only "Ron and Tammy Part II" and "Eagleton" really dragged down an otherwise excellent ride. And actually, looking back at Season 2, you'd have to go as far back as "Galentine's Day" to find a duffer.

... come to think of it, besides those three, I'd say the only episodes of the show I didn't like were "The Set Up", "Christmas Scandal", "Sister City", and "The Banquet".

37/44 excellent episodes is a pretty good record!

It is crazy how much I have fallen in love with this show and these characters. Perfect finale with some great lead ins for next season. I hope the next season doesn't start with 7wenty already having failed, and that they keep it going at least for a few episodes.

This show is just perfect.

ultron87

The only episodes I've seen of this show are the first two of the first season, which were bad, and these last 4 episodes.

I never would've thought this show would get this amazing. Now I'll have to watch some more episodes on some sort of streaming service.

big ander

TheOddOne said:
XWhBh.png

"Tammy 1?"

Ron's face is priceless hahahahahaha.
I'm simultaneously scared and laughing

I'm a pretty damn big Community fan and while I'd argue for season 1 of that over season 2 of parks, Season 3 of Parks>>Season 2 of Community. No matter what, we win: the two best network comedies are back to back next year and I can't fucking wait

giga

Stumpokapow said:
"Eagleton" really dragged down an otherwise excellent ride.
91Ezp.gif

"There's a sign at Ramsit Park that says do not drink the sprinkler water. So I made some tea with it and now I have an infection"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Leunam said:
I'm surprised so many people liked Eagleton. I thought it was a pretty weak episode in an otherwise amazing season.

I liked most of the minute-to-minute jokes and especially the contrast between the trashy idiots at the Pawnee public forum versus the country club-style forum in Eagleton (even a bad episode of P&R is still a great episode of TV) and the payoff for Ron...

... but the A-story of Leslie and whatever Parker Posey's character's name was was totally underwhelming, and I really don't feel like the B-story of Ron's birthday saves it.

Raxus

Stumpokapow said:
I liked most of the minute-to-minute jokes and especially the contrast between the trashy idiots at the Pawnee public forum versus the country club-style forum in Eagleton (even a bad episode of P&R is still a great episode of TV) and the payoff for Ron...

... but the A-story of Leslie and whatever Parker Posey's character's name was was totally underwhelming, and I really don't feel like the B-story of Ron's birthday saves it.
It still had some great lines with the cultish behavior of the town, "...so the air smells like vanilla.", and "Garbage fight!" (Andy was on fire that episode).

It also does more world building for the show so I am sure we will see more about Eagleton in the future.

I love community but for different reasons. Parks has always made me laugh consistently. Every single person is funny and fits. In community that's not always the case.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This is how you do a season finale. It actually felt final and left questions. No other show so far has left me satisfied like this. Perfect season.

Absolutely fantastic finale, and my only concern now is that the setup for S4 could shake things up too much - Tom off with Jean-Ralphio at Entertainment720, Leslie potentially off to political office (or at least campaigning etc.), Chris's shakeup of the other P&R staff etc.

Perhaps a lot will be rolled back in the first episode or two of S4, but it seems like there's potential for it to go wrong. For example, if Tom sticks with Entertainment720 then what was a fantastic little part of the last ep could easily outstay its welcome, and too much Jean-Ralphio could ruin that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom