• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S4 |OT| Vote for Leslie Knope. Let's make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Really glad we're getting another FULL season of the show, it certainly deserves it after that perfect finale last night.

tumblr_m3u999IG891qc87cgo2_500.gif

Props to Amy Poehler this season she really got her shine on.

Watched it again. I think her sliding the picture onto the wall might get me forever.

So amazing. How does a show this good exist in a network comedy lineup?

Uneven like "unevening the playing field against all other comedies because it's not only the best comedy ever but better than all but maybe three or four dramas"?

For me it's not quite as good as the S2 era where every episode was it's own story but still better than almost every show on TV currently. When Parks goes off the air it will be like losing LOST all over again.

Nope. 30 Rock>>>>Parks>>>>>>>>>>>>nuclear holocaust>>>>>>>>>>>>The Office. Parks would be higher, but season 4 was atrocious.

Atrocious like "It's atrociously unfair to all the other comedies that exist that such a high watermark has been achieved by Parks & Recreation which will undoubtedly lead to all other show drowning"?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nope. 30 Rock>>>>Parks>>>>>>>>>>>>nuclear holocaust>>>>>>>>>>>>The Office. Parks would be higher, but season 4 was atrocious.

The only thing "atrocious" about this is saying that 30 Rock was better.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This season of 30 Rock was great. Parks was a sappy mess, way less funny than seasons 2&3, and the election plot was boring and poorly thought out.

The worst part about it is that three network TV shows did City Council election plots this year, and despite being terrible, Parks' was the least terrible of the three.

ultron87

At some point did they explain why there was only one spot open on the city council? I assume this was a special election or something, right?

big ander

Parks election plot was a crystallization of what makes Leslie and Pawnee so special and it's too bad so few of you appreciate that.

Great news about the full 22 episode order. The show shifted its style this season (less LOL worthy, but lots of heart and some nice character work). I'm still having a great time with P&R and happy to hear that more is on the way.

The worst thing about the election for me was it filled every episode. It's why I loved season 2 so much because every episode was pretty much a standalone. I could go back and watch any episode out of order. It would be weird watching this season randomly.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I watched about 10 minutes of 30 Rock the other day. I couldn't deal with everyone's acting. It was so . . . staged. I can't explain it.

DJ_Lae

I just started watching the first season - so I guess the only six episodes of the show I haven't seen.

It feels really rough, which I guess is to be expected as they hadn't quite hit their groove, plus the show's still saddled with Mark Brandanowitz.

The early episodes also feel really awkward (the pilot in particular) in an uncomfortable sort of way. They're still funny, but man it feels weird to jump back a few seasons at this point.

I watched about 10 minutes of 30 Rock the other day. I couldn't deal with everyone's acting. It was so . . . staged. I can't explain it.

30 Rock is very much a dialog-driven, self-aware show, often breaking the 4th wall. I liken it to comedies of the 1940's, Nick and Nora Charles-types. If they were concerned with natural and realistic acting, they wouldn't have hired Tracy Morgan.

I can understand how a single viewing of the show wouldn't be very satisfactory. I don't think any one episode of 30 Rock, Community or Parks & Rec would be, these are comedies that require some investment to get many of the jokes.

This is so incredibly wrong. 30 Rock ran out of jokes two seasons ago and had essentially an unwatchable season this year. Parks, on the other hand, hit its stride and probably had its best season.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Perd is the best thing about this show. He's topping Jean Ralphio easily for me.

I died at "I have an update that contains new information".

rezuth

I just started watching the first season - so I guess the only six episodes of the show I haven't seen.

It feels really rough, which I guess is to be expected as they hadn't quite hit their groove, plus the show's still saddled with Mark Brandanowitz.

The early episodes also feel really awkward (the pilot in particular) in an uncomfortable sort of way. They're still funny, but man it feels weird to jump back a few seasons at this point.

The first season was more trying to do a new The Office but thankfully they stopped that with season 2.

Croc

Banned
Just got around to watching the last 3 episodes of this season. I definitely think the show picked up again towards the end after a very uneven early season. I was incredibly annoyed with Tom early on in the season and although I still think he's way more annoying and less funny than he was in S2/3, he's much better than early on in the season.

The ending definitely got to me and made me a bit teary and I'm really happy with the way things turned out. I also loved the Jean Ralphio bit towards the end hahahah. I don't remember seeing him for quite awhile so it just came out of nowhere and really made me laugh.

Also the last lines were perfect.

- Onion A|V Club: Showrunner Michael Schur on building Parks And Recreation’s fourth season (Part 1 of 5)
Having built Pawnee, Indiana into the most fully realized TV town not named Springfield during Parks And Recreation’s third season, showrunner Michael Schur and his team set about crafting the series’ most ambitious set of episodes for Parks And Rec season four. Leslie Knope’s campaign for city council formed the spine of the 22 episodes, but there was also tricky romantic territory to cross, and the matter of what would become of the parks department in the theoretical Councilwoman Knope era. In addition, viewers witnessed the brief reign of Entertainment 720, the introduction of the other two Tammys in Ron Swanson’s life, and the Twitter-ready phenomenon of “Treat Yo’ Self,” all of which Schur discussed with The A.V. Club in a lengthy conversation about the season. Today’s installment covers the beginning of the season, from episode one, “I’m Leslie Knope,” to episode four, “Pawnee Rangers.”

Just caught up with the last few episodes. Pretty disappointing season. The only bright spots were anything related to Entertainment 720 (and Adonis Chris Traeger). And good lord, April is a terrible, terrible, terrible character. Like stop with her already. She is awkward and emotionless and they shouldn't try to write any kind of emotion into her lines. The pet adoption episode... like wth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom