• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S4 |OT| Vote for Leslie Knope. Let's make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

I'm still thinking about how much I loved this. Leslie's speech :')
Not to mention Ron's long list of things he's never changed. Classic.

My eyes were pissing tears. A fantastic episode through and through. I know we don't know if it will back next season (I think it will be) but I would be content with this being the end.

Ashhong

I don't know if I'm content with this specific episode being the end, but I feel it could be a fitting series finale if a few things were changed.

jiggle

awesome finale
funny and heart felt
the momma donna scene was so cute
ben reacting to officer dwyer is gonna hilarious next season (if there is one :< )

need to rewatch it right away
can't wait for extended version tomorrow

So what do you guys think will happen next season? Leslie will be busy with her new job, and Ben will be moved away and busy with his.

they already said LesBien are here to stay
his 6 months away will probably happen off season

rozay

Banned
awesome finale
funny and heart felt
the momma donna scene was so cute
ben reacting to officer dwyer is gonna hilarious next season (if there is one :< )

need to rewatch it right away
can't wait for extended version tomorrow

they already said LesBien are here to stay
his 6 months away will probably happen off season
the interview cornballer posted likened his DC trip to Jim leaving Scranton in the office, he'll be there for a few episodes at least and maybe more.

Ashhong

The difference with Jim and the Office is that he didn't go alone and we still followed Jim's story. I can't see why we would want to be with Ben in DC. Maybe it's more like Pam in NY? Follow him around when he's talking to Leslie or something.

Either way, it will be short like you all are suggesting, with most of it happening during the summer (+winter?) break.

jiggle

ah okay
now i want to see leslie go visit him there
him being joe biden

edit: reading that interview
a shorter season is so not gonna be enough for what they have in mind
let alone being the final season :< :< :<

Awful episode. I hope they recalibrate next season to get some of the season 2&3 magic back. It's been a chore watching most of this sappy and unfunny season.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
What a heart felt finale. Love this show so much!

Man, anyone else bust up when Leslie was telling Anne how she was ethnically ambiguous? That had me going.

PLEASE NBC HAVE RENEW THIS SHOW!!! For a full season too!

Enco

Start off a bit iffy but it definitely got better.

Hopefully we get a next season.

Love all the characters save for Jen. What a bitch.

Started watching Parks and Rec a month or two ago, caught up with every episode on Netflix. It's hard to believe it's the same show -- and I mean that in a good way. It may not always be as funny as it used to be but it has an incredible warmth that few comedies ever manage. Season 2 Parks and Rec, while hilarious, couldn't have gotten away with the perfect scene where Leslie votes.

Fantastic finale.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think I'd be perfectly content with that being the last episode.

It was great but it would work really well as an ending.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If watching TV is a chore, then you're doing it wrong.

I can understand it; you invest in character and narrative development over a long period of time (certainly more in serial dramas than comedies with serialized elements, but still...) When a show tanks, there's a gap between when it starts becoming unenjoyable to watch and when it is so thoroughly ruined that you actually give up on your investment and move on. During that gap, people are wont to complain about the show.

Personally I don't think P&R is anywhere near there despite my reservations with some parts of this season. I think given the constraints set up earlier in the season, the final few episodes were pretty great, all told. But I totally get why someone would keep watching a show that they feel is a chore.

See also Heroes post S1, Six Feet Under's middle arcs, The Office with few exceptions post S4, The Simpsons after season 9 but before people gave up, etc.

Started watching Parks and Rec a month or two ago, caught up with every episode on Netflix. It's hard to believe it's the same show -- and I mean that in a good way. It may not always be as funny as it used to be but it has an incredible warmth that few comedies ever manage. Season 2 Parks and Rec, while hilarious, couldn't have gotten away with the perfect scene where Leslie votes.

Fantastic finale.

Definitely. The writers have done a lot to make you really care about these characters, and the same has been accomplished with Community.

It's why I can't enjoy 30 Rock; Most of them are reprehensible human beings and as such I can't really feel any sort of compassion towards them.

woodchuck

nothing in this show for me is laugh out loud funny. but I just can't help but smile the entire time I'm watching it. I just love all the characters.

anaron

A final 13 episode season is the perfect cap to this show. And it needs to end with Leslie having built Mark's park plan.

big ander

Just like NBC's other comedies it was renewed for 13 episodes (edit: beaten by birdie on this part), but Sepinwall's source says that it will air in the fall, no risk that we'll have to wait for the winter/spring season to get more Parks.

Everybody together now: CATCH! YOUR DREEEAM!

DMczaf

Almost there!

tumblr_lxr0r98BRH1qarcmpo1_500.png

Ashhong

AWWWWWW YEA! The only NBC comedy to get 22 right? FUCK YEA

My memory is slipping guys, did Leslie ever build the the park behind Ann's house? I remember they filled it, but can't remember building it into a park.

what in the world happened last night, i actually felt my eyes water when ann told her she won, what did this show do to me.

anyway great episode, and YES at 22 episodes!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom