• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S3 |OT| Come Visit the Great City of Pawnee, IN. Renewed for S4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoco

Banned
Rewatching the first two seasons reminds me why I love this show.

Leslie: "I need your two best guys to join me and be part of my task force."
Eugene: "That would be Harris and Bret.... but they're not here."
Tom: "Isn't that them there?"
Eugene: "Nope."
Tom: "Hey, Bret!"
Bret: "Yeah?
Harris: "Dude!"

"By day, Andy Dwyer, Shoeshine-ist. By different time of day, Andy Radical, possum tackler. And by night... I can do whatever I want.. no job!"

3N16MA

Banned
So I watched the first few episodes (around 4-5) of S1 when it debuted but never really got into the show. I have heard that the following seasons are much better. Is this true or are they pretty much the same as the first few?

Jasoco

Banned
Seriously? Watch the second season. Then the third. Then realize that the first isn't that bad but the second and third are much better. Watch them! Now! Right now!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
3N16MA said:
So I watched the first few episodes (around 4-5) of S1 when it debuted but never really got into the show. I have heard that the following seasons are much better. Is this true or are they pretty much the same as the first few?

It's one of the most amazing turnarounds in TV ever. S1 was ok, I watched it for some people I liked but that was about it. S2 and 3's momentum have been insane, though.

So yes, it's true.

Haha if they can actually land Oprah that would be awesome! 1. She's a great actress. 2. I don't think they should make Tammy 2 a "bitch" like Tammy 1, they should go for a completely different character type.

- Press release for the upcoming Parks & Rec book
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. -- June 14, 2011 – NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group and Hyperion Books announced today that they will publish “Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America,” a book written from the perspective of show character Leslie Knope (portrayed by Emmy Award nominee Amy Poehler). Knope serves as Deputy Director of the Parks and Recreation department for Pawnee, Indiana on the hit NBC series “Parks and Recreation” (Thursdays, 8:30-9 p.m. ET).

The 240-page book, which includes illustrations, photographs, and other characters’ commentaries, will hit bookstores on October 4, 2011. Pottinger Nichols, the literary licensing agency for NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group, brokered the deal.

Each chapter will explore a different aspect of the fictional town’s history and expand upon events hinted at in the series, such as: the time the whole town was on fire, its long list of ridiculous town slogans, and the ongoing raccoon infestation. Knope, a resident of Pawnee since her childhood, provides all of the research and comical insights into this Midwestern town that fans have grown to love.

“If you like small towns with big ideas, this book is for you!” said Poehler. “And here’s hoping that Indianapolis will play Pawnee when they turn this book into a movie!”

“The ever-expanding town of Pawnee has become its own character in our show, and we're thrilled that we got to accelerate that expansion in one giant, goofy 240-page comedy book,” said Mike Schur, co-creator and executive producer of the series. “It's a complete portrait of Everytown, USA, which every reader -- whether a fan of the show or a newbie -- can enjoy."

"This book is such a fun read, you'll be smiling page after page. It’s a snapshot of small town, America filled with laugh-out-loud historical remembrances and local tributes,” said Kim Niemi, Senior Vice President, NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group. “Here's to Leslie Knope for capturing the spirit of Pawnee for readers everywhere.”

Of the deal, Hyperion Books editor Matt Inman said, “We are absolutely thrilled to be publishing ‘Pawnee,’ written by some of the most talented writers and actors working in television today. “Pawnee” is an absolutely hilarious look at one of America’s great small towns. Both ‘Parks and Recreation’ and Amy Poehler fans will love it.”

“Parks and Recreation” returns to NBC for its fourth season this fall on Thursdays (8:30-9 p.m. ET).
More via the link.

Jay Sosa

Jasoco said:
Anyway, as I somehow posted in the Community thread, I'm rewatching the first two seasons and I don't get the hate for Season 1. It's not that bad. But whatever.

I'm on "The Practice Date" now and I have one question.... where the hell has Duke Silver been? Season 4 needs a return of the Duke.

It's not bad..it's just boring. But who cares considering how fucking awesome the show has become.

Never watched Oprah but It certainly would bring well deserved attention to the show. But isn't she a bit unattractive for a Swanson wife?

Jay Sosa said:
It's not bad..it's just boring. But who cares considering how fucking awesome the show has become.

Never watched Oprah but It certainly would bring well deserved attention to the show. But isn't she a bit unattractive for a Swanson wife?

Wasn't DJ Roomba from the first season? :mad:

• Deleted Scenes
  • Gag Reel
  • Ron & Tammy 2 Trailer
  • Crazy Ira and the Douche Commercial
  • Flu Season Commentary with Amy Poehler, Adam Scott and Michael Schur
  • Ron & Tammy 2 Commentary with Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally, Retta, Jim O'Heir and Michael Schur
  • Harvest Festival Producer's Cut Commentary with Retta, Jim O'Heir, Harris Wittels, Daniel Goor, Dean Holland and Michael Schur
  • Camping Commentary with Tom Magill, Shana Hagan, Doug Smith, Josh Swoveland, Paul Boydston, Alisha Baldwin and Michael Schur
  • Commercials
  • Promos
  • Li'l Sebastian Tribute
  • The Fight Producer's Cut Commentary with Amy Poehler, Adam Scott and Michael Schur
  • Li'l Sebastian Commentary with Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally, Retta, Jim O'Heir, Dean Holland, Daniel Goor and Michael Schur

September 6th. Sadly, no blu-ray as of yet.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Parks-Recreation-Season-3/15554#ixzz1Q0kZPEGq

RSx1s.jpg

Haha

big ander

I want that ice cream.
ncsuDuncan said:
Does the dvd box art really need to advertise "THURSDAYS [on] NBC"?

That said, it looks like there will be some neat special features.
It's going to be on shelves in Best Buy and Wal-mart and Target. Sadly, that's how some people will learn the show is returning then.

Divius

From the facebook:
TUNE IN: The Season 4 premiere of Parks and Recreation will be Thursday, September 22nd at 8:30/7:30c, after Community! Start the countdown clocks now...

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
It's such a relief not having to wait until January. The amount of shows starting this month (or have started in Louie's case) should make the wait until September so much easier.

Leslie/Ben is perhaps the most perfectly developed romantic couple ever on tv. Just exquisite writing (and acting, their chemistry is mesmerizing). I hope they can keep the momentum going in season 4.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
&Divius said:
From the facebook:
TUNE IN: The Season 4 premiere of Parks and Recreation will be Thursday, September 22nd at 8:30/7:30c, after Community! Start the countdown clocks now...

Only 2 1/2 months away! Sigh.

strasza

Neo Member
Ugh, that feels so far! Though I guess next month is August, so it's not that bad. Sorta.

I love Leslie/Ben, one of my favorite tv couples ever. :)

Slime

Banned
If you're looking for some Amy Poehler awesomeness to tide you over until the show comes back, I suggest searching 'ASSSSCAT' on Netflix and watching what comes up. Good times.

Jasoco

Banned
JaskoX1 said:
If you guys haven't watched "Children's Hospital" on Adult Swim; I suggest watching it. It's hilarious.
I keep meaning to check it out. It reminds me of Strangers With Candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom