• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT|

spwolf

The liveupdate ruins myclub and online divisions, theres some players that are downright unstoppable when their form is red.

The scripting doesnt help either, who thought this was a good idea?

But the biggest problem of them all is people trying to make use of any exploit to win at all costs instead of well... trying to play football, its very rare but refreshing when i play against someone that likes to play football instead of just using everything that's overpowered

not really... get better players.

GHG

Gold Member
What's with the loading being really slow of late?

They better not have fucked myclub by opening up the F2P mode. It's now slow as molasses.

Melfice7

not really... get better players.

Handanovic, Alaba, Lahm, Moutinho, Ozil, De Bruyne, Valero, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo..

I have awful players huh, im not complaining about just others being unstoppable, that includes my own players, its ridiculous the stuff we can do with neymar red form for example.. like changing directions 8 times in a second -.- or just push everyone out of the way with their invisible force field

I'm coming off 8 years of FIFA and Ultimate Team, but so far I'm really enjoying MyClub. I quit FIFA last month, so this isn't the reason why I'm not playing FIFA anymore. Either way, I can see myself enjoying myclub for the rest of the season.

I grew up with PES, back when me and my brother had a Japanese copy of Winning Eleven for PSX, and several Winning Elevens after for PS2 and PES5 on Xbox 360 on which we both shared the same account. We had around 1500 matches played. At one point we got into the top 200. Good times.

Stray observations:
- I haven't played PES since PES5 but I feel like I recognize a lot of the mechanics, its strange that PES is still PES after all those years. I mean this in a good way.
- It looks fucking great if you ask me. I love the graphics and environment. Player models look fine too.
- so myclub, I noticed that I get 3000 coins for winning my first game on any given day, that's cool, and an incentive to keep playing.
- Its hard to resist buying a top agent with every 10k GP I earn.
- As opposed to FIFA, and like someone else mentioned on this page, I feel very much in control of my players. I don't sense scripting at all.
- That said, goalkeepers are absolutely shit. I have a mediocre keeper of around 71, forgot his name, so maybe I shouldn't complain, but it really feels like every shot attempt by my opponent is a goal.
- I'm still trying to find ways to earn GP. One tourney said I could get a Top Agent after winning the first match, and would receive 1000GP for every match I won after that. Did that, didn't get the agent. I did however find a free Castolo in my Inbox today. Is that from the tourney I played yesterday (which I didn't win, by the way, but it said I had to win the first game only anyway) or do they just gift stuff like that?
- What good is it to combine several Scouts at once? Is this helpful? And is it worth upgrading the scout slots?

Yaari

I think combining scouts limits the pool of players you are searching in, potentially getting a better player at higher rate.

I had the same issue with the tourney rewards.

I'd never touch Fifa again if PES had better menu's. I love how you can have plenty of fun with this mode without spending anything. I'll be picking up PES 2017 for sure.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm coming off 8 years of FIFA and Ultimate Team, but so far I'm really enjoying MyClub. I quit FIFA last month, so this isn't the reason why I'm not playing FIFA anymore. Either way, I can see myself enjoying myclub for the rest of the season.

I grew up with PES, back when me and my brother had a Japanese copy of Winning Eleven for PSX, and several Winning Elevens after for PS2 and PES5 on Xbox 360 on which we both shared the same account. We had around 1500 matches played. At one point we got into the top 200. Good times.

Stray observations:
- I haven't played PES since PES5 but I feel like I recognize a lot of the mechanics, its strange that PES is still PES after all those years. I mean this in a good way.
- It looks fucking great if you ask me. I love the graphics and environment. Player models look fine too.
- so myclub, I noticed that I get 3000 coins for winning my first game on any given day, that's cool, and an incentive to keep playing.
- Its hard to resist buying a top agent with every 10k GP I earn.
- As opposed to FIFA, and like someone else mentioned on this page, I feel very much in control of my players. I don't sense scripting at all.
- That said, goalkeepers are absolutely shit. I have a mediocre keeper of around 71, forgot his name, so maybe I shouldn't complain, but it really feels like every shot attempt by my opponent is a goal.
- I'm still trying to find ways to earn GP. One tourney said I could get a Top Agent after winning the first match, and would receive 1000GP for every match I won after that. Did that, didn't get the agent. I did however find a free Castolo in my Inbox today. Is that from the tourney I played yesterday (which I didn't win, by the way, but it said I had to win the first game only anyway) or do they just gift stuff like that?
- What good is it to combine several Scouts at once? Is this helpful? And is it worth upgrading the scout slots?

Weird. I find the opposite.

Feel more much in control on FIFA.

Yaari

Yeah PES seems to have a bit more delay. Tackles are slower, etc. It all moves a little slower. I don't really mind it. It's a nice change from the usual.

The thing that stands out the most to me is how less scripted it is compared to FIFA. I like that.

Got 30.000GP so hopefully some fun players tomorrow.

spwolf

Handanovic, Alaba, Lahm, Moutinho, Ozil, De Bruyne, Valero, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo..

I have awful players huh, im not complaining about just others being unstoppable, that includes my own players, its ridiculous the stuff we can do with neymar red form for example.. like changing directions 8 times in a second -.- or just push everyone out of the way with their invisible force field

i dont notice the same thing so dunno... are you winning or losing online/offline games when your players are red? What modes are you playing? Must be something different than me.

Melfice7

i dont notice the same thing so dunno... are you winning or losing online/offline games when your players are red? What modes are you playing? Must be something different than me.

I just said liveupdate ruins myclub and online divisions because especially in online divisions 99% of the people go the for the OP teams like bayern, and its not enough that they are amazing on every way they still have red players constantly making them borderline impossible to handle.

It makes the matches very gamey if that makes sense.

I use Porto in online divisions and pretty much just play against superman red robben and company, gets annoying

Yaari

Did 5 of those UEFA draws and I got 4 out of 5 black balls.
2 80 Defenders, and a midfielder Cuadrado who is pretty fast. Unfortunately no attacker.
Getting GP will probably be a little slower from now on.

Drawed 6 black balls. Got one Champions League agent for free for some reason. And 10000GP for playing the demo.

Got:
84 De Rossi
83 Nainggolan
83 Luisao
82 Vermaelen
80 Zaza
Forgot the last one.

Bought a coach as well.

And now my Team Spirit sits at 31. That sucks. Will have to figure that out later today.

Hedrush

I got the game at launch but I hadn't even touched myClub, but with all the talk about the free version yesterday I thought I'd give it a go. Really really enjoying it so far, I had somehow managed to accumulate 120,000gp which was nice. I blew the lot though.

Hedrush

That's a crazy amount.. how did you accumulate that if you only started out with myClub recently?

It looks like I created a team when I first got the game, but I never got round to actually playing a match. I had 12 x 10,000 gp "prizes". It's that a weekly bonus thing or would I have picked that up by playing master league?

LAM09

It looks like I created a team when I first got the game, but I never got round to actually playing a match. I had 12 x 10,000 gp "prizes". It's that a weekly bonus thing or would I have picked that up by playing master league?

You probably purchased the Day one edition or digital one. It came with 10k GP every week lasting 10-12 weeks

Hyphen

*snip*
- I'm still trying to find ways to earn GP. One tourney said I could get a Top Agent after winning the first match, and would receive 1000GP for every match I won after that. Did that, didn't get the agent.... *snip*

I'm new to MyClub, but I think you get the main reward on your first "victory", and then 1000GP from your second "victory" and onwards. Meaning if you win the entire tournament you'll receive the top agent. However, each time you enter the same tournament you'll only get 1000GP for winning it.

You probably purchased the Day one edition or digital one. It came with 10k GP every week lasting 10-12 weeks

Will I get that if I buy the Anniversary edition or the regular edition right now? Both promise GP for a certain amount of weeks. WIll it start accumulating as of now, or do I get what's been given out so far all at once?

I see. Its on sale now in the EU store, might get that.

Also, it'd be great to have a few sparring partners for myclub. I'm on PS4. If anyone wants to play matches every now and then, add me: ZankFrappa

dunneh

Neo Member
I have the normal version on ps4. If my friend gets the f2p version will I be able to play exhibition matches with him online?

Loading times are horrible today, and now it simply hangs with the Connecting to the server message in the left bottom corner. :(

Another question: Is there no mechanic for Online Ranked games to only play against teams with a similar star rating as your own? This is what FIFA is good at, you'll only play against other 3.5 Star clubs if you pick one yourself.

Yaari

Are the loading times always like this because I won't be playing it for long then. I spend 30% of my time looking at loading screens. Absolutely horrible.

Hedrush

Are the loading times always like this because I won't be playing it for long then. I spend 30% of my time looking at loading screens. Absolutely horrible.

It's usually fine but they're pretty bad today. It will be with the influx of new users who've got the free myClub version. I'm sure it will settle down over the next few days.

Elfenhain

It's usually fine but they're pretty bad today. It will be with the influx of new users who've got the free myClub version. I'm sure it will settle down over the next few days.

It wasn't even this bad at launch two months ago... do you think so many new players are testing the free version? Would be interesting to see some statistics of the numbers of free2play users

spwolf

Loading times are horrible today, and now it simply hangs with the Connecting to the server message in the left bottom corner. :(

Another question: Is there no mechanic for Online Ranked games to only play against teams with a similar star rating as your own? This is what FIFA is good at, you'll only play against other 3.5 Star clubs if you pick one yourself.

yeah, they do match you with ratings similar to yours... i think only special online cups are not matched, but online divisions are.

spwolf

Drawed 6 black balls. Got one Champions League agent for free for some reason. And 10000GP for playing the demo.

Got:
84 De Rossi
83 Nainggolan
83 Luisao
82 Vermaelen
80 Zaza
Forgot the last one.

Bought a coach as well.

And now my Team Spirit sits at 31. That sucks. Will have to figure that out later today.

decent start - good base set of players... i guess you will have to draw 100 agents like rest of us, to get a nice team :)

I got only one black ball in past 4 draws, i will save my moneys for legends that will come next week.

LAM09

It wasn't even this bad at launch two months ago... do you think so many new players are testing the free version? Would be interesting to see some statistics of the numbers of free2play users

I think there will be quite a few new players with the amount of press it's had and the fact there's a link to it in the Champions League PS4 app as well.

I just hope things settle down soon as it's tedious. Konami's servers have had a checkered past.

spwolf

I just said liveupdate ruins myclub and online divisions because especially in online divisions 99% of the people go the for the OP teams like bayern, and its not enough that they are amazing on every way they still have red players constantly making them borderline impossible to handle.

It makes the matches very gamey if that makes sense.

I use Porto in online divisions and pretty much just play against superman red robben and company, gets annoying

dont play online divisions, so thats probably why I am not getting frustrated... i dont think it matters that much in myclub. myclub has slightly different gameplay than regular game or is that just me?

Hedrush

Well, it was fine before the free version released. It's only been like this since it came out, so yeah I guess there is a lot of new users. It's a free football game after all, the best PES has been in a long time.

spwolf

I think there will be quite a few new players with the amount of press it's had and the fact there's a link to it in the Champions League PS4 app as well.

I just hope things settle down soon as it's tedious. Konami's servers have had a checkered past.

yep.... to be fair, previously their online gameplay sucked big time... now it works really well.

I do hope that they will increase the number of servers in upcoming days or else it will be unplayable during the holidays... i dont want to wait for 5s between screens.

Yaari

At some screens I was waiting for like 1-2 minutes. It was ridiculous haha.
I feel bad for people that paid full price and are suffering because of a influx of free players. At the same time it should still only be a fraction of the traffic that real popular games get.

That Cuadrado is great in this game, he's so incredibly fast.
I have to learn to do tricks though. Pretty difficult.

I think I've gathered most of my easy GP bonuses for just playing the game. I wonder if I can still get those 10k GP's from the demo if I already played the full game.

LAM09

yep.... to be fair, previously their online gameplay sucked big time... now it works really well.

I do hope that they will increase the number of servers in upcoming days or else it will be unplayable during the holidays... i dont want to wait for 5s between screens.

Servers have hardly been an issue this gen. I hope they manage to fix things swiftly

So, does anyone here feel that myClub gameplay is different from regular gameplay? I see a similar question a few posts before me.

I won the Champions League cup yesterday, was granted a free CL agent - got Lestienne (75). Not the best but I needed a left winger anyway.

I seem to do just fine on Professional and on whatever difficulty comes after that, I forgot the name and I'm playing in Dutch, it was quite intense and I only won against Juventus in penalties after drawing 0-0. Crazy thing was that the CPU just went with long balls exclusively. Might be the difficulty setting or Juventus tactics, but it was just easy for my Luisao and Berezutskiy defense to win header duels against Dybala and even Morata.

Also: I feel like sooner or later when my current team expires on contracts, I'm gonna have a serious problem. Should I start saving GP already, or is there a structural way of approaching contract renewals? Right now, about 8 players will simulatenously run out of contracts and it would cost around 1500 each to renew those.

Also, I mistakenly bought a trainer for 350 points that is not suitable with my players at all. Is there a way to check if a trainer is fit for my team before getting one? The trainers page doesn't seem to correlate with the tactical information I see on my Team Management screen, or does it?

Hedrush

Fuck this shit, I can't get passed the "establishing communication" when trying to play myClub, I've been sitting waiting for 5 minutes. Konami need to sort this shit out, this is obviously due to the amount of people playing the free version as everything was fine until that released. I paid full price for my game I shouldn't need to be sitting waiting for 5 minutes to play 1 match, it's ridiculous.

Edit: that's 10 minutes now. I've got to laugh, I do the connection test and it passes immediately.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What the hell is up with the foul system against CPU? I've had like 1 or 2 free kicks in the entire time playing. I'm contanstly fouled outside or in the box and nothing happens then I do a silly shirt pull and get yellow'd or giveaway a free kick. The last few matches I feel screwed over due to this and has made me lose some important matches.

Edit: Uhh the rubber banding in finals is annoying as fuck. I score 3 comfortably then concede 3 within minutes. Oh its the final minute? Better give away a bullshit penalty or keep playing over injury time with some long balls until the CPU scores.

I've played against all the best teams in this game and done well but now I'm struggling to beat New Castle in the Europa finals. Regardless of my tactics my players seem to become slow, stupid and miss good passes or easy shots on goal. And for some reason they stop running ahead for pass throughs so I'm left with maybe 1 player upfront trying to take on the whole team at the back.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Melfice7

I've played against all the best teams in this game and done well but now I'm struggling to beat New Castle in the Europa finals. Regardless of my tactics my players seem to become slow, stupid and miss good passes or easy shots on goal. And for some reason they stop running ahead for pass throughs so I'm left with maybe 1 player upfront trying to take on the whole team at the back.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Welcome to scripting, its very apparent if you try SIM mode and notice the patern that when you score.. 2 minutes later the cpu scores because your whole team gets braindead, and this happens online as well so many goals conceeded right after scoring while you see it happening

wow is right, isnt the first time and im sure wont be the last, pathetic really

GHG

Gold Member
Just had this match in online divisions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA4TVT05G9A

All these lag switching motherfuckers should be banned but noo the game rewards them by not giving them the loss nor i get the win

Just add the fucker to your block list and tweet this video to the official pes Twitter.

Also the load times are unbearable in myclub at the moment. I think I'm done until they decide to fix this. Don't expect one anytime soon though...

Top Bottom