• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT|

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Hedrush

Yeah its PS4 exclusive.
I bought the game on PC. 23 EUR is not bad, got Neymar with it too. And Lahm for the 2014 uefa team or something

Timed exclusive or just exclusive? I was telling my xboner friend about it today. I just presumed it was out on both consoles, he's gonna be right pissed if it's exclusive.

I may be the luckiest mofo getting top players, got this average fella today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejht5bAz3Vs Sure it was a top agent...

But also got this from regular scouts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=153523aSAbo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UAv3d_oVAY

And thats not counting with Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard all with regular scouts but those times i didnt thought of saving the videos :(

How do you have so much GP? Just saving it all up? I got Neuer in my TOTY pack thing with the anniversary edition, he is a beast in goals.

Yaari

Timed exclusive or just exclusive? I was telling my xboner friend about it today. I just presumed it was out on both consoles, he's gonna be right pissed if it's exclusive.

I don't know. It said exclusive. I'm guessing its not coming to X1. This game isn't all that hot so that they would bring it to other platforms anytime soon. Thats my take anyway. Could be wrong.

Malcolm9

I don't know. It said exclusive. I'm guessing its not coming to X1. This game isn't all that hot so that they would bring it to other platforms anytime soon. Thats my take anyway. Could be wrong.

The game is decent, I would imagine it's PS4 only as it's more popular on that platform.

Jimrpg

I was a bit sceptical about getting the PC version, but I didn't have a football game on the PC and it was time to get back into PES seeing as the last footy game I got was Fifa14 and i only mildly liked that.

I have to say there was a big fuss made about the graphical differences between the PS4 version and the PC version. I get that the PC players are used to getting the superior version so must have felt really shortchanged by getting the inferior version. For those people on the fence about it, I don't think it's really that noticeable during gameplay, I don't think it's worth the hundreds of thumbs down its getting on steam reviews. This is still a pretty good football game.

+ a lot of control over the immediate player. Can hold up the ball and turn on a dime much better than previous games (the last one I played was PES212)
+ presentation is wayyyy better now, everything is neatly organized
+ master league is really streamlined and focuses on matches and buying players. None of the players throwing fits and demanding to be played stuff in past games.
+ players make better runs than previous games
+ great selection of music, wish there was more

- the goalies are so bad
- some scripting rubber banding in the game, tho not as bad as in previous games, the computer suddenly gets better during a match
- PC version should be cheaper given its a in between port, had to buy it off a PC key site
- no Dortmund and no Bundesliga is a joke (like not even a fake Dortmund or fake Bundesliga?)

I've only played 3 hrs, but it's an 8/10 for me right now. Decent effort, tho they need to stop shortchanging PC players next year.

Hedrush

Cheers guys. PES is the best it's been in years but they really need to sort out their net code, it's the same every year. And now that the game has finally begun to shine like it did in its heyday there's going to be a lot more people playing and if the servers are struggling now, its only gonna get worse as it becomes more popular again.

Tosyn_88

Updates don't come soon enough. Especially for kits and shoes, it's rather gutting seeing how quick EA gets on it while Konami waits months to do any

Yaari

If anyone else plays this on PC, how is the matchmaking? I tried a little while but I couldn't find anyone to play with. I hope people are still on there. It works great on my SP4 at 60fps. (Low settings though, can't put them on Medium sadly).

Lashley

Should I be keeping GP or using it on those CL agents?

Also, does anyone do the sim league? tips?

Yaari

I don't know about Sim League but those CL agents had like 29% rate, whereas the regular during the week scouts only had like 15% at best. so I just went for it.

I'm not going to get the legends anytime soon so for now I'm happy with my draws. I had a 80 GK too, Bento. Already better than what I had as a best player on PS4.

Really love how they give you a free player. That makes so much difference.

LAM09

I would keep some GP for the legends on Thursday.

Best thing is to try and use/put together a team that has high team spirit.

Really love how they give you a free player. That makes so much difference.

They're only giving them away till Thursday. First time they've ever done something like this

Lashley

I'll keep for legends then.

Played my first online match, won 3-1.

He was terrible. I scored a freekick too
3AQmK.gif

He scored by running through my entire defence from kickoff in the 2nd half, couldn't stop him somehow.

Team was fluid in the 1st half, got 3 goals. Felt like shit in the 2nd half, dunno why.

spwolf

Scripting baby yeah, even the very top players turn to shit, cant select who you want, defense opens up like the red sea

I dont know where you see "obvious" scripting in PES. Someone going through like that is usually due to defenders being pulled away by other player with wrong "guesses" of direction of striker.

After few goals, you learn to pull back def mid a bit a wait on the 25m center to easily get the ball.

spwolf

Cheers guys. PES is the best it's been in years but they really need to sort out their net code, it's the same every year. And now that the game has finally begun to shine like it did in its heyday there's going to be a lot more people playing and if the servers are struggling now, its only gonna get worse as it becomes more popular again.

net code is perfect... but servers are loaded due to free myclub version for the past few days it was released..

Difference between that and netcode being bad like before is that now you can play the game and it will work perfectly, even with the server slowdown while going through online menus, once you go inside the game, it is perfect. In 2012/2013/2014 online gameplay was shitty unless you were playing your next door neighbor.

LAM09

net code is perfect... but servers are loaded due to free myclub version for the past few days it was released..

Difference between that and netcode being bad like before is that now you can play the game and it will work perfectly, even with the server slowdown while going through online menus, once you go inside the game, it is perfect. In 2012/2013/2014 online gameplay was shitty unless you were playing your next door neighbor.

Yep. Netcode has been very good on current gen and loading seems fine in everything par MyClub ATM. The lack of punishment for cheaters is my biggest gripe.

Yaari

Matchmaking on PC sucks. I get matched up with teams much better than mine. So back on PS4 but its just still so bad. If they can make the servers like they are on PC, it wouldnt be an issue.

Hopefully they will get to it soon. I couldnt even do my daily match because it just takes me too much time.

I think there's only Divisions (SIM), in which you can only simulate.

I think I'm "stuck" in myclub. I play a few games and just as I gather 10.000 GP, I run out of 2 or 3 contracts for 2000-3000 GP each, and repeat. How will I ever save GP like this? Am I doing it wrong?

Also, can I play night time matches in Online Divisions in myclub? It always seems to be daytime.

DrunkDan

I think I'm "stuck" in myclub. I play a few games and just as I gather 10.000 GP, I run out of 2 or 3 contracts for 2000-3000 GP each, and repeat. How will I ever save GP like this? Am I doing it wrong?

Also, can I play night time matches in Online Divisions in myclub? It always seems to be daytime.

I'm almost in the same boat, I'm not sure I fully understand how it works since I've just bought this after becoming irritated by FIFA, but my natural instinct is to think that it's to get you to buy coins or GP. The fact that you can't 'keep' your team after winning the players seems a little harsh.

Tizoc

Can I unlock more teams as I play through the F2P ver. of PES '16 on PS4? Cuz the half dozen ones available are rather disappointing :p

The original players cost about 3-400gp to renew contracts. I think you have to pace yourself on the big-name players.

Right, but doesn't it come down to what I have now sooner or later? The game almost puts you in a vicious circle, and especially considering you can only get a proper manager with myclub points rather than GP says enough lol. Pretty shameless. Anyway, still kind of enjoying the game right now so fuck it.

That said, since friendly games don't count against contracts or fitness, I'm always down for friendly matches on PS4. My PSN = ZankFrappa.

What's the status of PC version sold on Steam, of this game?

Worth buying? Are people doing team/squad updates for this, or will you be stuck with doing your own updates?

Right, but doesn't it come down to what I have now sooner or later? The game almost puts you in a vicious circle, and especially considering you can only get a proper manager with myclub points rather than GP says enough lol. Pretty shameless. Anyway, still kind of enjoying the game right now so fuck it.

That said, since friendly games don't count against contracts or fitness, I'm always down for friendly matches on PS4. My PSN = ZankFrappa.

I don't have 2016, but on 2015, managers were available for purchase with GP on a seemingly random rotation.

jugo

Neo Member

I just started working on my team in pes 2016, but what I did in pes 2015 was have a team full of ~ 65 players that I used to earn GP playing the novice challenge and only used the better team for certain matches.

That feels like homework.. I just want to enjoy the game. I know it's free to play and I shouldn't complain - but what about the people who actually bought the game? I don't like that myclub is so far encouraging people to buy myclub points or to get into farming as you suggested.

That feels like homework.. I just want to enjoy the game. I know it's free to play and I shouldn't complain - but what about the people who actually bought the game? I don't like that myclub is so far encouraging people to buy myclub points or to get into farming as you suggested.

I think the point is to keep it balanced. Means you shouldn't be facing absolute all-star teams, which can happen fairly easily as the good player pull rate seems far higher than FIFA.

Jimrpg

Guys, what are the must have patches/mods on PC, I've installed the PES Galaxy patch 1.52, anything else to get?

What's the status of PC version sold on Steam, of this game?

Worth buying? Are people doing team/squad updates for this, or will you be stuck with doing your own updates?

I'm loving it right now! For a point of reference, I last played PES series in 2012 and my last football game was FIFA 14, though I only barely played that. I played PES2012 a lot on PS3.

There's been a lot of talk about how the PS4 version is superior, and if you put them side by side and zoom in on the details I suppose it is. The crowd models and textures are pretty crappy on the PC too, but the game plays really well. I have no idea if its exactly the same as the PS4 version, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. If you don't mind the ever so slight graphical downgrade, get the PC version. I'm using the PESGalaxy patch at the moment and its updated all the team names, with real kits, real team logos and added Bundesliga teams as well. First time running a patch and makes PES awesome!

The only gameplay downside is really the keepers AI, they are incredibly slow and dumb. Everything else is great. I've only played the Master League though.

im_dany

Does anybody know if Dayone codes are region free on X1? The Dayone bundle on the website has two different listings for Europe and America, I got the game without the code and would like to buy one and start with a few GPs and players so I can avoid the early stomping on Myclub lol

Yaari

Does anybody know if Dayone codes are region free on X1? The Dayone bundle on the website has two different listings for Europe and America, I got the game without the code and would like to buy one and start with a few GPs and players so I can avoid the early stomping on Myclub lol
I'm pretty sure that should work. Where do they sell those?
Or do you mean buying the game a second time

im_dany

I'm pretty sure that should work. Where do they sell those?
Or do you mean buying the game a second time

I saw codes a few months ago on Ebay, maybe I can find some on websites like CAG now. I have the game but not the codes and would rather spend 5$ and have a chance to win games from the start

Yaari

I got some guy named Baggio.

Btw, is there any way to get these guys contracts up, and not have it take so ridiculous much GP?

Top Bottom