• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Seems to me that if there was a backup, scum would want to kill them and then the doctor and then the cop. Absent any other reasons to kill people. So maybe Palmer was on to something. Scum could be incompetent. Someone could be lying.

Seems to me that if there was a backup, scum would want to kill them and then the doctor and then the cop. Absent any other reasons to kill people. So maybe Palmer was on to something. Scum could be incompetent. Someone could be lying.

Thinking about it, actually, the likeliest reason why the more obvious targets weren't chosen is because scum actually believes there is a doctor in play. That's why they've been killing off the players that are just a smidge off from being confirmed like Natiko, Burb, now Palmer. You've been overlooked because you're basically confirmed, so you might get protected; NS might actually be the doctor, and he might be able to protect himself, so they wouldn't risk that either.

They've already missed a bunch of lynch/kill opportunities and they're way behind us. They don't have their strongman anymore, either. They need to go for the sure kills in case there really is a doctor. So, what I'm basically saying is, NS is probably telling the truth because scum sure as hell believes him.

My question now is, why are the claimed backups still alive, then? Too risky? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Sorian

Banned
I've read like 5% of the thread at best, have a few things to do right now but I'll be back on later tonight with some hot takes. For my own sake, do we know why mafia hasn't bothered to kill me? Is it because they didn't find lifeline to be a threat or are they worried about possible PRs or is it something more than that?

I've read like 5% of the thread at best, have a few things to do right now but I'll be back on later tonight with some hot takes. For my own sake, do we know why mafia hasn't bothered to kill me? Is it because they didn't find lifeline to be a threat or are they worried about possible PRs or is it something more than that?

Read my post just above yours. Lifeline falls into that same category as hey_monkey and NS to me.

Oh, Sorian, we know Lifeline was recruited by mafia, brainwashed, and switched. You can't fool us!

SkyOdin

Despite his confirmed town status, Lifeline hasn't been the most active player and resembles Blarg somewhat. He had some insightful reads at times, but I suppose scum didn't see him as a high-priority target.

I'm not sure why you dropped out Lifeline, but I hope you fun with the game!

On the whole though, I have had trouble figuring out scum's targets. Because this is some form of role madness game, I imagine that they have been very concerned about doctors, watchers, and/or trackers. That is the reason I think Blarg admitted to be a Strongman, even when professing to be neutral: he was scared of a tracker claiming to spot him.

Despite his confirmed town status, Lifeline hasn't been the most active player and resembles Blarg somewhat. He had some insightful reads at times, but I suppose scum didn't see him as a high-priority target.

I'm not sure why you dropped out Lifeline, but I hope you fun with the game!

On the whole though, I have had trouble figuring out scum's targets. Because this is some form of role madness game, I imagine that they have been very concerned about doctors, watchers, and/or trackers. That is the reason I think Blarg admitted to be a Strongman, even when professing to be neutral: he was scared of a tracker claiming to spot him.

Does my reasoning not make sense?

SkyOdin

Does my reasoning not make sense?
I think the careful choice of night kill has been going on since before Nomadic Sparks' claim, so I wouldn't attribute it to that. On the contrary, the only reason Nomadic Sparks is still alive right now may be because scum doesn't believe the open claims 100%. If NS is our doctor, then killing him is an obvious move. However, there is a chance that he is lying to cover for another doctor who is quiet, or there is a chance that NS is out of x-shots and a new back-up doctor is active. Well, that or NS is scum. Though I admit that, despite NS's shady behavior, scum claiming doctor seems like a risky move, particularly when there were several people who hadn't claimed when NS did so.

I think the careful choice of night kill has been going on since before Nomadic Sparks' claim, so I wouldn't attribute it to that. On the contrary, the only reason Nomadic Sparks is still alive right now may be because scum doesn't believe the open claims 100%. If NS is our doctor, then killing him is an obvious move. However, there is a chance that he is lying to cover for another doctor who is quiet, or there is a chance that NS is out of x-shots and a new back-up doctor is active. Well, that or NS is scum. Though I admit that, despite NS's shady behavior, scum claiming doctor seems like a risky move, particularly when there were several people who hadn't claimed when NS did so.

Let me review the kills and see if there's anything there based on claims and general feel for players.

Darryl

Banned
Y'all are acting like Stanley flipped town. We have a commuter, a bulletproof, and a doctor, scum can't have defensive roles? It's a huge nothing for me, neither town, neutral, nor scum. I have basically nothing to say about it, other than fuck, I really wish we got a flip. My reasoning has all been stated. I got antagonistic because this game is moving slow and I got bored.

Darryl

Banned
I think it'll be really easy to prove that I was back-up, tbh. While I'm doing that, huff and puff some more Launch so we can lynch you. :)

Y'all are acting like Stanley flipped town. We have a commuter, a bulletproof, and a doctor, scum can't have defensive roles? It's a huge nothing for me, neither town, neutral, nor scum. I have basically nothing to say about it, other than fuck, I really wish we got a flip. My reasoning has all been stated. I got antagonistic because this game is moving slow and I got bored.

so your just gonna clam up and not think to hard about it now that you didn't get the toy you wanted?
like yeah im not cleared town, but this just seems excessively dismissive.

SkyOdin

I can't imagine a lynch-proof scum though. It practically gives scum an extra member and guarantees an increase to how long the game lasts. The only way I can justify it is if the scum team is smaller than normal for a game of this size. Do you think that is the case?

Darryl

Banned
so your just gonna clam up and not think to hard about it now that you didn't get the toy you wanted?
like yeah im not cleared town, but this just seems excessively dismissive.

My justification is right there. We have too many defensive roles. No shock to see you and Launch teaming up on me, you scumbuds. It seems super transparent that the gimmick behind this game is survival. It actually seems like your role is the scummiest of the lot, since it's defense that can be done in plain sight and also cause confusion.

I have no clue what you expect me to say. The reason I tunneled you so hard is not just because you are text-book scummy (you were alongside the lynch that tried to save Swamped D2, and we know scum was on that lynch factually) but because of how angry you got the last day phase. It really rubbed me the wrong way and just as I said yesterday, when it feels cathartic to lynch someone there is always a reason for that. You threw a fit yesterday calling people idiots for following a completely valid line of questioning (a line of questioning being driven by CONFIRMED TOWN, LIFELINE, one of the few voices people can absolutely trust), offered nothing in return except to pass the blame onto an inactive, and then disappeared. That is not town behavior AT ALL. You have no investment whatsoever in the results of the game. I do not buy you as being town emotionally, and why people like Launch so adamantly defend you has really set off a thousand red flags.

I'm all for lynching you again if nothing else comes up.

Darryl

Banned
I can't imagine a lynch-proof scum though. It practically gives scum an extra member and guarantees an increase to how long the game lasts. The only way I can justify it is if the scum team is smaller than normal for a game of this size. Do you think that is the case?

So far we have a commuter, a bulletproof, and a doctor(???), and I know I am a back-up to someone, so we have a buffer for the loss of one of those roles. That's a lot of defensive power. I think scum getting the ability to prevent a lynch is within reason. It actually makes a lot of sense with your role, it seems like the opposite to it, doesn't it? You get lynched and we lose 2 day phases. A scum member takes two day phases to lynch.

I think it's much more likely that a non-lynchproof role would be scum rather than this. Because what do we do about lynchproof scum? Lynch 'em again? That seems like poor design.

i expect you to think rationally, you are completely ignoring what just happened rather than admitting you just might be wrong.

pull your head out of your ass dude, your useless to us stuck in this tunnel.

Darryl

Banned
i expect you to think rationally, you are completely ignoring what just happened rather than admitting you just might be wrong.

pull your head out of your ass dude, your useless to us stuck in this tunnel.

This is all you've done is berate people. You have no substance whatsoever and I'm just supposed to magically believe you're town. Your will isn't that powerful. I will string you up again

This is all you've done is berate people. You have no substance whatsoever and I'm just supposed to magically believe you're town. Your will isn't that powerful. I will string you up again

jesus christ, get the hell over yourself, and get some goddamn perspective.

i have never once said you should just believe that im town, there is totally an argument to be made that im scum, no shit, noone is saying otherwise. but you show absolutely no ability to even consider that you could be wrong, you have consistently just ignored any argument in my favor, repeatedly pushing ideas that have already been disputed, and now you just blatantly misrepresent my entire play in this game.
you are acting irrational, and that doesn't help anyone, and i dont see any reason to argue with it until i know that you are even willing to listen.

now imma ignore you for a bit before i end up really berating you.

SkyOdin

So far we have a commuter, a bulletproof, and a doctor(???), and I know I am a back-up to someone, so we have a buffer for the loss of one of those roles. That's a lot of defensive power. I think scum getting the ability to prevent a lynch is within reason. It actually makes a lot of sense with your role, it seems like the opposite to it, doesn't it? You get lynched and we lose 2 day phases. A scum member takes two day phases to lynch.
I don't agree. My ability is anti-town. If anything, it should balance out a slightly weaker scum team. Scum also had both a roleblocker and a strongman, who counter a doctor and bulletproof on their own quite well.

It also appears that almost every ability is two-shot or such at the most. Even if we have a two-shot doctor and a back-up (who may also have limited shots), that is theoretically still weaker than a straightforward doctor. It is a less swingy, but not any more powerful combination of roles.

Now, I can see Burbeting's day kill and night kill shots as a counter to a lynch-proof scum. That seems to be too swingy for this game, though. While this game has some swingy roles, a recurring theme is that they are limited or blunted in some way. Even my role has a function built into it that has the possibility of totally negating it.

So, while I acknowledge the possibility that Stanley is lynchproof scum, I find it unlikely. Now, if he does happen to be scum, then we have already stripped away his protection and reduced how much of a threat he is.

Darryl

Banned
So here's some of my role-driven ramblings:

Darryl, WIFOM is an acronym for "Wine In Front Of Me", used to describe deliberate insinuation for the purposes of sowing doubt and misdirection.

We are getting blitzkrieged by the misinformation police and you're concerned about wine. Wine. Of all things. Where I come from, wine grows on trees.

So, being a town back-up, I knew there was someone that I was going to replace. So I had my eyes out for anyone who hinted at any role that sounded like something a Greek Pizza Fan would success: so olives(???), neopolitan-style(???), authentic-ish(???). A greek pizza fan isn't going to back-up a fast food lover. The person who caught my eye doing this was Blargy-boy

Roast chicken, caramelized red onions, pickled chilli peppers, BBQ sauce and pineapple bits, pineapple bits, pineapple bits, pineapple bits, pineapple bits and pineapple bits

with garlic-mayo or spinach dip

Also, the best pizzas are homemade and modern Pizza Hut is trash

Me, pairing two scum like that? Unlikely odds, Burb

We'd use that against them, of course. That's a tell

I don't know exactly why I felt the urge to counter-signal him. LOL. As if he is going to know what I was doing. It was really impromptu but I had my hots on Blarg early on for potentially being my former.

You're right. That's a good point. There has to be a cop. If there is a real cop that isn't monkey, don't keep quiet. Please counter claim.

I agree completely. Me and Burb have mulled over this a bit, if you didn't see those posts. We know we had a Miller reveal yesterday, therefore there has to be a cop. And it's likely that he is a town cop. So unless we have a town cop playing dumb, that scenario just doesn't add up.

Although I had my nerves equally unsettled. Can you think up a scenario that has the Miller role in it that this makes sense?

This is a dumb idea in 99% of scenarios that will play out. Go look to Final Fantasy mafia for a scenario where a cop didn't counter-claim immediately. Guess what we did? We lynched the real cop who waited too long and let the fake scum cop go. It's extremely unlikely, imo, that we have two town cops. Maybe a neutral and a town one.

We aren't relying on you to be a role hero to win the game, so do so at your own risk. If a cop doesn't counter-claim, every day afterwards is another day we're less likely to believe you in case you're cornered during the day phase. It's a day where your reads risk being lost to night-lynches. It's a day we risk being led astray by Godfathers, of which we can guarantee there to be one if there are two cops. This day phase is being decided based on Blarg being cop-read, the guaranteed nature of there being a cop due to the presence of a miller, and no one counter-claiming thus proving hey_monkey by process of elimination to be the town cop. If you don't claim, and shenanigans happen, it is going to look extremely bad for you. I highly doubt your reads (especially in a two cop, high likelihood of Godfather-fuckery scenario) will be that sick or vital to have been kept secret.

Here are three posts where I urged people to counter-claim hey_monkey, because a cop backup seemed like the most reasonable name claim, and if I am their back up, then the odds of there being another cop had to have been zero, because that'd be way too much coppery. I assumed hey_monkey had been lying about the amount of shots they had, but obviously I never mentioned that. Although two-shottery has been backed up by multiple people so far so that does make sense now. My guess is that I simply get anyone who hasn't used a shot.

Anyways, I obviously claimed because why the fuck not? Back-ups are for when important town PRs die early. None of them have died. What would I have gained in any scenario as either town or scum? Can someone explain the scum gambit? My role isn't worth keeping in the game, like sky_odins. It's basically vanilla and it hasn't been of any use, nor will it likely ever be.

Night 1 - [m] SexyFish The Town Alternating-Day Doublevoter - pretty much a null read, right? I didn't get much from reading through the thread for D1, so maybe the moment to moment might have been different.

Night 2 - [m] Natiko The Town Miller - at this point, we had a lot of vanilla claims, but we also had the Lifeline and miller claims floating around. There was no reason for the scum to target vanillas. Lifeline was confirmed as town by an ability, and Natiko's claim had been untested. Rather than kill Lifeline and risk being blocked by a doctor, scum killed Natiko who's claim a lot of people had taken at face value (though there were still some of us that were unsure, like myself). I think scum mistook not pushing it took much with wholly believing his claim here.

Night 3 - [f] Verelios The ??? & [m] Burbeting The Town Vigilante - I know it's a foregone conclusion that Burb killed Verelios; I buy that. However, Burbeting had not roleclaimed at this point, but hey_monkey and SkyOdin had. It's obvious why SkyOdin wasn't targeted, based on his claim; they would much rather we lynch him. hey_monkey had confirmed her ability, and as another confirmed town, there was a risk of her being protected in N3 since she had just claimed. Scum was pretty much 50/50 that a competent doctor would protect Lifeline or hey_monkey; they chose a level-headed player instead, and it just so happened he had the vig ability.

Night 4 - [m]Dr. Worm The Bulletproof - If we're to believe what Dr. Worm has told us, he was indeed targeted N4 and his ability was triggered; he was notified as such. Dr. Worm had not claimed prior, but he was, once again, a level-headed townie. Again, Lifeline and hey_monkey were still in play at this point, as close to confirmed. However, now Nomadic claims that he is the doctor, and that he protected TTK on N3. Also, too on-the-nose for a kill, it seems, especially since scum is down 2-3 teammates at this point.

Night 5 - [m] Palmer_v1 The Vanilla Townie - D5 went pretty much normally. I roleclaimed vanilla, and I just came to this realization, this is a good deal of evidence in my favor that I'm not scum; if I were scum and my roleclaim were vanilla, I would not have killed one of the two people whose deaths would cast doubt on my claim. After N4, I'm thinking scum came into N5 thinking "dammit we screwed up, we need to get a definite kill with no obstructions this time." Again, they're back at the crossroads where Lifeline, NS, and hey_monkey are too likely to be protected by a supposed doctor. They think one of the vanillas, those are probably legitimate claims. They target Palmer, who is the most town-read at this junction of himself, acohrs, and I.

Of the remaining players, I think Palmer might have been the best choice.

Darryl

Banned
I have posts that have actually contributed, though. I led a lynch on Swamped D2 against an uphill stream and caught Blarg trying to scum-switch the vote. That was a huge play and a GRAND bussing if I was scum. What has Stanley done? He tried to keep Swamped, and hasn't had a single insightful comment the entire game.

And you sit here, snarkily responding to every single comment I make like you're being helpful. I have no faith in anyone in this game right now except myself, Sky, Dr. Worm, and probably now Sorian. Look at this stuff I have to deal with, in regards to you. You ask the most inane, time-wasting stuff:

Why would he be so transparent?
In what sense? Your argument, not Lifeline's.
I really don't get this. Whose posts do you read, then?
welp, you do you, I guess.

Darryl: I am interested in your more recent post tho. Let's take Stan out of the equation- who else are you seeing?

Like, my god. This is all totally lacking in any substance and literally detracts from the overall quality of the posts.

You're basically antagonizing me by attrition, and you wonder out loud (say it to the crowd and make sure the in actives hear it) why I'm acting the way that I am. None of your probing has been used. You have almost nothing to say at all, but a whole lot of opinion about that very nothing. Just like stanley. The only reason I am not on you is because of the cop/miller scenario.

WELP DAMN

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

57wTpdb.gif

Dr. Worm

Banned
Isaac's claim is curious to me, if only because commuter claims have an excuse to never be NK'd; if we want to talk "claims made in error," we start there

Darryl

Banned
Don't understand your confusion, hey-monkey. My rationale for Swamped is clearly laid out in post 1135(?) which was acknowledged by you in post 1137(?). Did you just skim to piece together a read list? You claim that I'm surface level but you don't appear to know what is going on or are paying full attention yourself.

Here's a great example of my early frustration with hey_monkey, while I'm advocating staunchly for a NOW SCUM FLIPPED LYNCH. Notice that I'm having the same problems with hey_monkey - asking really inane questions

The post IMMEDIATELY after that is my bread-crumb which I made TO SCUM now apparently (as I was talking to Blarg), so if I am scum, I'm sitting here BREADCRUMBING MY ROLE TO SCUM WHILE LYNCHING SCUM.

We are getting blitzkrieged by the misinformation police and you're concerned about wine. Wine. Of all things. Where I come from, wine grows on trees.

I don't see what is a bigger issue than that, frankly. It's such a strange play by Swamped. Makes absolutely no sense. Here we have a mistake that cost us a day lynch and you're fine giving it a pass. Why are you so cushy on Swamped?

Me, yet again, upset at Monkey for giving Swamped a pass

Some of the stuff that makes me hard on Swamped is how little anyone else has said about this but Launch, whom I have had a comfortable read on. It was the most logical lead coming into day 2 since it was such a brazen fuck up. Only one who pressured it was Launch. This makes me thing the game buildup is of inactive town and highly active scum.

This is why I was pissed at Launch yesterday, too. The only one who was onto it but me was Launch (and I town read him early because of it). So, I suspected that perhaps Launch may have had the gift of clairvoyance from being scum as well and wanting to put the distance between him and Swamped (I didn't have a lot to go on yesterday so I grasped at something) . However, Burbeting has also now flipped town and he had comments about Swamped, too (Burbeting's commentary, because I was scum reading him at the time, was slightly defensive of swamped, so this is why I dug into her that day)

Dr. Worm

Banned
Thinking about it, actually, the likeliest reason why the more obvious targets weren't chosen is because scum actually believes there is a doctor in play. That's why they've been killing off the players that are just a smidge off from being confirmed like Natiko, Burb, now Palmer. You've been overlooked because you're basically confirmed, so you might get protected; NS might actually be the doctor, and he might be able to protect himself, so they wouldn't risk that either.

They've already missed a bunch of lynch/kill opportunities and they're way behind us. They don't have their strongman anymore, either. They need to go for the sure kills in case there really is a doctor. So, what I'm basically saying is, NS is probably telling the truth because scum sure as hell believes him.

My question now is, why are the claimed backups still alive, then? Too risky? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Why would scum believe there's a doctor when our claimed doctor who has not been counterclaimed has said he's out of shots

Why would scum believe there's a doctor when our claimed doctor who has not been counterclaimed has said he's out of shots

He said he was out of shots then the next day said he protected someone else. If they're watching the same thing we are, they're probably just as baffled

Dr. Worm

Banned
He said he was out of shots then the next day said he protected someone else. If they're watching the same thing we are, they're probably just as baffled
I thought he meant he protected someone previously, but of course this is all meaningless speculation given his lack of even an attempt at clarity

Like, my god. This is all totally lacking in any substance and literally detracts from the overall quality of the posts.

Y'know, if my posts to you are shitty, but otherwise are okay, maybe we should consider that the problem isn't me, eh?

Isaac's claim is curious to me, if only because commuter claims have an excuse to never be NK'd; if we want to talk "claims made in error," we start there
I think this is a good point. isaac has clearly had some growing pains but in the last few phases he's stepped up and seems to have a better grasp of things. This is also when he claimed. I personally have not seen a scum commuter and I'm not sure he would make up a claim, but someone has to - could he be lying/making it up, or just using it as an excuse for scum? But even he commented on the fact that he stopped voting for Palmer. Calculated?

WELP DAMN

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Did you cover anyone, NS? Have you been active at all recently? We need your full claim, I think.

Darryl

Banned
is there conflict on dr. worm and isaac's claim?

i don't remember following this lead: dr. worm did you get a notification that you used up your bulletproof

Darryl

Banned
Possibly it's more productive for scum if we we sit around and argue whether or not Stan is scum and either waste time or lynch him again.

I want to hear what you and TTK were conspiring about. What's going on? How could you have possibly known what TTK was hinting at?

like, maybe they think he is still playing dumb and that he has several shots left.

Shit, why wasn't Stan NK'd if he won't be lynched

i can only guess its for the same kinda reasons they havnt killed LL, or Monkey, or hell even Skyodin.

man i dont get scums kills at all this game.

SkyOdin

I want to hear what you and TTK were conspiring about. What's going on? How could you have possibly known what TTK was hinting at?
As a third party observer, I have a hunch what timetokill was hinting at, which is why I have been waiting for her to show up today and explain more.

Top Bottom