• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Dr. Worm

Banned
Don't hate me because my role is awesome
You will, in all likelihood, never have an attempt made on your life

The the entire reason your role is useful is if mafia tries to kill you, and you throw that away by claiming because they will never, ever try

You will live to endgame if you are not lynched, unequivocally

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

StanleyPalmtree (1)
Nomadic Sparks 4132

Darryl (1)
LaunchpadMcQ 4102

Nomadic Sparks (1)
StanleyPalmtree 4084

No active vote for Day 6: acohrs, Darryl, Dr. Worm, hey_monkey, isaacnukem, SkyOdin, Sorian, timetokill

Day 6 Postcount: acohrs 0, Darryl 11, Dr. Worm 6, hey_monkey 10, isaacnukem 8, LaunchpadMcQ 11, Nomadic Sparks 1, SkyOdin 11, Sorian 1, StanleyPalmtree 9, timetokill 0

Day 6 ends:
tur_1497128400.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

SkyOdin

To reiterate that I want to hear more details about her claim:

Vote: timetokill

She probably didn't realize the day has started thanks to the change in phase length, but votes make for good motivators.

Sorry, I had to record a podcast tonight and I've got some things to take care of, so I may be spotty this day phase. Not that my spotty seems to be low activity...

as for timetokill, she's been hinting at something since Blarg day. Last day phase, when it looked like the tide was going to turn to Stanley, I gave her a chance because she shifted her hints a little, but she's gonna have to come clean, because she now looks even more suspicious with Palmer's death. There were a whole lot of reasons for scum to kill Darryl, who I'm town-reading regardless of everything (for now) and just about two for scum to kill Palmer, so it's on her.

For the record, I am currently also questioning Launch's claim. There was really no reason for another vanilla to hold out and then toss it into the wild while targeting someone else's role. I don't buy it.

But for now, I'm with Sky on vote pressure.

vote: timetokill

Hey fellas, sorry for the late post! I totally forgot we shortened the schedule. I was just checking my subscriptions and saw this was lit up.

So I think I made the nature of my claim fairly obvious, but I guess I can reveal more about it.
I'm kind of the reverse monkey claim, an alignment cop that gets "mafia" or "not mafia" results. Sorry, monkey, but it's a large part of why I was so suspicious of your claim during that day. I've been trying (unsuccessfully until yesterday) to communicate what I was doing without being completely obvious.

On that note, when I said "Verelios is not scum" or whatever, that was a result I got.
Another result: Darryl is not scum. That one was from before I subbed in. Finally, I unfortunately investigated Palmer last night and got that he was (obviously) not scum.

So there you have it. I'm going to be settling in to bed momentarily so if I see any questions soon I'll answer them, otherwise it will have to wait until morning.

SkyOdin

Unvote

Timetokill, do you have a limit on your number of uses? If you checked three people, you appear to have more than hey_monkey.

Hey fellas, sorry for the late post! I totally forgot we shortened the schedule. I was just checking my subscriptions and saw this was lit up.

So I think I made the nature of my claim fairly obvious, but I guess I can reveal more about it.
I'm kind of the reverse monkey claim, an alignment cop that gets "mafia" or "not mafia" results. Sorry, monkey, but it's a large part of why I was so suspicious of your claim during that day. I've been trying (unsuccessfully until yesterday) to communicate what I was doing without being completely obvious.

On that note, when I said "Verelios is not scum" or whatever, that was a result I got.
Another result: Darryl is not scum. That one was from before I subbed in. Finally, I unfortunately investigated Palmer last night and got that he was (obviously) not scum.

So there you have it. I'm going to be settling in to bed momentarily so if I see any questions soon I'll answer them, otherwise it will have to wait until morning.

It's not the opposite, though. At all. See, I figured you'd come in today with a different kind of cop since you've been hinting at other investigative roles. But that's exactly the kind of cop I am - I check alignment. It's specified in my role PM and I talked about it on Blarg day. So per claims on the board, we have two alignment cops and a backup in town. That seems a bit heavy, don't you think?

And your results so far are on:
Verelios, who we don't know about but who scum or someone else cleaned up, if not his own latent ability
Darryl, who may be town but also might well not be
And Palmer, the safest of claims since he just died and we all know... and who died after being the person to keep his vote on you.

We did night five. You have three results. How's that work? And how's your role name/flavor fit in with being a cop? What's your command?

timetokill, are you a neutral investigator? I guess if you care more about pizza parlors' arcades, you would be less invested in other aspects.

Follow-up: if you were so convinced Sky and I were launching some massive scumspiracy (it got discussed in some capacity over two day phases, even), why didn't you check either of us? Why Verelios and Palmer?

I'm sorry to post a billion times in a row and someone will yell at me but I gotta talk through things. I have some thoughts on all this, including on the questions I asked after I went back and looked at my role PM again. I'm curious to see others reactions though. And I wonder what you think of the goings-on with Stan.

For now, so we have more happening:

vote: LaunchPadMcQ

In a game of weird claims, yours has been the weirdest.

OK, last bit before I fall asleep, I have to be up early :(

monkey:

- I can't comment on the "heaviness" of the roles. Considering how many vanillas there seem to be, it doesn't seem that out of line anymore to me. I think whoever is left on scum has a pretty powerful role at their disposal.
- Regarding my results... I mean, I'm not sure what I can say other than what I know. Being unable to verify is kind of the name of the game, though I'm sure Darryl will co-sign.
- The safest of claims would probably have been anybody other than Palmer since your questioning of it is so obvious.
- The flavor of my role says that I hate pineapple pizza lovers because they make quarters and buttons all sticky and gross
- Command is "ASK FOR QUARTER"
- I'm a town-aligned neutral
- I have a special win condition that I think is impossible now so now I just have to win with town
- I checked Vere to try and complete my win condition
- Palmer I checked because I've had a feeling about him all game, either that he was scum or that he would complete my win condition

See you tomorrow!

For then, not essential: role heaviness falls away if you're neutral. Makes sense. So do some other things now. I expect someone will ask about your wincon. But I think there are other paths to hit.

All right, let's see how this stirs the hornets.

why why keep the win condition to yourself if you think its already become impossible?

right now this claim rings bs to me, but without know such an important detail i dont feel confident making a final call on that.

I'm sorry to post a billion times in a row and someone will yell at me but I gotta talk through things. I have some thoughts on all this, including on the questions I asked after I went back and looked at my role PM again. I'm curious to see others reactions though. And I wonder what you think of the goings-on with Stan.

For now, so we have more happening:

vote: LaunchPadMcQ

In a game of weird claims, yours has been the weirdest.

TTK made two insane posts on this page and in the weird one? It has all the trappings of a fake claim - claims reverse of a role when it's exactly the same; neutral to clean herself from suspicion; keeping details of her roleclaim vague when she's already been exposed and is supposedly full claiming!

What kind of purpose would a neutral alignment cop serve unless they started cooperating with town, something they're not mechanically required to do? As a neutral, they need abilities that benefit their own win conditions first and foremost; having investigative abilities does not. TTK is tanking your chain hard; if I had to guess, she is a scum investigator, maybe a role cop so that her lie is not totally based in fiction.

VOTE: timetokill

If she's pro town, wouldn't she have tried to clear NS? What's her motivation for investigating Palmer? What does Verelios have to do with her win condition?

Darryl

Banned
Why did you buy Blargs Kool-Aid when he claimed town-helping neutral. Shouldn't you, as a neutral, know that was likely BS?

Sorian

Banned
Promise I'm about to read the thread or at least skim because I'll be in a car for two hours but I don't even need to go far for the hot take.

VOTE: timetokill

There aren't two alignment cops and I feel perfectly validated voting for the one getting mafia/not mafia readings.

UNVOTE

Should we give them time to explain or what?

im not sure about that exactly, like the only thing that gives me pause here is the mysterious extra win condition, but can anyone imagine even a totes bastard win-con that would make this role make any sense at all?

anyway, im more inclined to wait in case anyone else wants to bring up something.
acohrs hasnt even posted once yet today.

Sorian

Banned
Hey_monkey is the other one claiming alignment right? In order, the first 3 people Swamped threw shade at is Buzzard, WAMD, and then Monkey. Swamped was never much of a busser especially since I'm still reading day 1 bullshit where you are all arguing about Palmer.

Sorian

Banned
Spotty service so just trying to push this post through. Someone update me on Worm. Is there any reason why I should believe he is town? Some role claim or cop check or anything?

Spotty service so just trying to push this post through. Someone update me on Worm. Is there any reason why I should believe he is town? Some role claim or cop check or anything?

N4 there was no death. Dr. Worm claims it was because he is bulletproof; he says he received notification that he was targeted.

Hey_monkey is the other one claiming alignment right? In order, the first 3 people Swamped threw shade at is Buzzard, WAMD, and then Monkey. Swamped was never much of a busser especially since I'm still reading day 1 bullshit where you are all arguing about Palmer.
Yes, had two shots. Green check on SkyOdin n1 since he was acting weird, red on Blarg n2.

Also, to contrast against monkey's claim, TTK has not mentioned having any X-shot.

Monkey, I'm around if you want to bat around ideas as to why I'm suspicious.

Darryl

Banned
Don't hammer this one plz. I don't have time to go through posts now but I wanted to look back on how he reacted towards hey_monkeys claim and me trying to get a counter-claim of cop out.

Sorian

Banned
N4 there was no death. Dr. Worm claims it was because he is bulletproof; he says he received notification that he was targeted.

Uh huh

If timetokill is scum, I'm voting Worm tomorrow. Scum hasn't seemed interested in killing anyone for their PR from what I've gathered which means I can read each night kill "literally" as it were. Sexy collectively read Worms, 30, and either Swamped/Blarg (can't remember which since I just glazed over it as mafia) as scummie. Considering Sexy wasn't super vocal, seems like weird a kill otherwise.

Also because I don't want to jump ahead. Sawneek's role flip. Do we know yet how it was masked? Or am I just going with the basic explanation that scum had a scrubber for that night?

Don't hammer this one plz. I don't have time to go through posts now but I wanted to look back on how he reacted towards hey_monkeys claim and me trying to get a counter-claim of cop out.

Found some dirt for you.

- Blargonaut looks real bad, no two ways about it.
- SkyOdin's claim makes less than no sense to me. the content, the timing, the "strategy", none of it. suspicious as fuck, especially since it seems that none of the reveal actually helps town in any way.
- I would be actually surprised if burb and palmer weren't working together, and their tandem instant vote for Blargonaut on Day 1 seems pretty weird.

Also because Nomadic Sparks is coasting like a motherfucker... hasn't said anything of worth, and his last three posts are literally "lmao", "fire emoji", and "Nothing much but I'm watching some of you"

(and full disclosure, voted for 30 before that .. but why? again, no info)

...what the fuck even is that?

VOTE: Nomadic Sparks

Say something, or may you be struck by a falling pineapple

Lastly, there's something bugging me about hey_monkey's claim but I'm gonna sleep on it to make sure, i'll post on it tomorrow

I have a moment away from helping with house construction today and instead of hopping on the joystick I'm gonna tell you guys what I realized and why hey_monkey's claim was bugging me.

Simply put, lynching Blargonaut first is a mistake.

There are two possibilities: hey_monkey isn't lying, or hey_monkey is lying.

Let's take the first possibility: hey_monkey is being straight-up with us. We lynch Blarg, and he turns out to be scum. Yay, we did the right thing. Go team.

Now consider the second possibility: hey_monkey is lying.

We lynch Blarg, and he turns out to be town and has some special ability that is very helpful. Maybe it's scouting, maybe it's being protected from being NK'd, could be a lot of things considering this game type. Anyway, that's a big loss for team. Then do we lynch hey_monkey? CAN we? Is it possible he has some sort of role protection from this? Or maybe scum has a lynch blocker or something? And then what about SkyOdin in this circumstance?

The only rational path forward for town is to lynch hey_monkey first. This gives us more information than doing it the other way around. If hey_monkey was telling the truth, then we can turbo Blarg the next day, no sweat. But if he was lying, we may have just avoided a huge blunder, and considering how many people are voting Blarg right now I feel pretty confident that at least one of them is scum at this point.

Meanwhile, hey_monkey has already admitted (if telling the truth) that he has used up his two shots and has nothing left, meaning he's essentially a relatively useless vanilla town member at this point. If he really cared about town he would throw himself on the sword in order to give town as much verifiable information as possible.

Your sacrifice won't be in vain, hey_monkey. Town will prevail.

VOTE: hey_monkey

Casting doubt on monkey's claim. Could be read either way, but really, this so-called town-aligned neutral didn't bother to check NS, even though she expressed suspicions?

She proposes lynching hey_monkey before Blarg?

lol

Uh huh

If timetokill is scum, I'm voting Worm tomorrow. Scum hasn't seemed interested in killing anyone for their PR from what I've gathered which means I can read each night kill "literally" as it were. Sexy collectively read Worms, 30, and either Swamped/Blarg (can't remember which since I just glazed over it as mafia) as scummie. Considering Sexy wasn't super vocal, seems like weird a kill otherwise.

Also because I don't want to jump ahead. Sawneek's role flip. Do we know yet how it was masked? Or am I just going with the basic explanation that scum had a scrubber for that night?

It actually looks like the hidden role flip was part of whatever Verelios'/Sawneeks' role was. Burb also died that night, and he was a vig with 1 day kill and 1 night kill; it's likely he targeted Verelios and scum targeted Burb. There's been no other evidence of an additional night kill mechanic, other than Burb's vig role, and he sure didn't target himself.

Also, to contrast against monkey's claim, TTK has not mentioned having any X-shot.

Monkey, I'm around if you want to bat around ideas as to why I'm suspicious.

I just want to further discuss your claim and my vote was a reminding placeholder. I figure we gotta work through ttk first. But I am having some trouble with you sitting on yet another vanilla claims.

Agreed, we don't need to hammer. But ttk is a she, FYI.

Darryl

Banned
Found some dirt for you.

Casting doubt on monkey's claim. Could be read either way, but really, this so-called town-aligned neutral didn't bother to check NS, even though she expressed suspicions?

She proposes lynching hey_monkey before Blarg?

lol

The problem with those posts is that they actually do both read as if they've come from a neutral cop. :/ My memory isn't too clear until I go back over things but I just remember some posts (that I think were from TTK) where I felt like someone was resisting the idea of a counter reveal and I remember I was wanting to really drive home the point to make sure they countered.

I just want to further discuss your claim and my vote was a reminding placeholder. I figure we gotta work through ttk first. But I am having some trouble with you sitting on yet another vanilla claims.

Agreed, we don't need to hammer. But ttk is a she, FYI.

Fair. We can discuss while TTK gets back to us.

As for the nature of this game, 5 vanillas seems excessive, but here we are with 3 of them confirmed and I know I'm confirmed. At most, we can speculate that acohrs is lying, but at this point, I think that my initial reasoning for withholding my role for so long was misplaced. I mean, acohrs could still be lying (and he doesn't seem to have appeared today?), but I know I'm not. Again, while the circumstances surrounding my roleclaim were questionable, I did it in support of town.

Also, give that Palmer died last night, I would argue if I were scum, I probably wouldn't want him dead. I'd know he was telling the truth and that killing him would mean the pool of vanilla claimants got smaller; doubt would inevitably be cast on me, if we come back around to "there can't possibly be this many vanillas."

The problem with those posts is that they actually do both read as if they've come from a neutral cop. :/ My memory isn't too clear until I go back over things but I just remember some posts (that I think were from TTK) where I felt like someone was resisting the idea of a counter reveal and I remember I was wanting to really drive home the point to make sure they countered.

Would a supposed neutral cop lose anything from claiming at that point?

Sorian

Banned

They also read as someone trying to throw shade after a teammate was red checked. There aren't two alignment cops. If Blarg actually came up with the plan (yeah, I see you Blarg, only you would plan this) to have a teammate "cop check" him and bus him then we still have to play it out, if monkey flips alignment cop, even "town-aligned" neutral, then monkey gets caught in the lie.

Top Bottom