• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Only Gamers...Will You Buy a Xbox Series for Starfield?

As a PS only gamer will you buy a Series X/S for Starfield

• Nah

Votes: 438 83.6%
  • Yes, absolutely

Votes: 86 16.4%

• Total voters
As a PC/PS5/Switch guy this gen so far, My PC should do at least Series X performance so I'm fine just playing that way - no need to buy an Xbox.

The game not actually being an Xbox exclusive is probably skewing the results, also leaves me a tad confused as to why some Xbox folk are upset about the no votes in this thread. You can't honestly expect people to buy a console if they have an adequate PC to play the game on.

Mossybrew

No. Maybe like, 2024 or something after the game's had a years worth of patches, and there are other XBox exclusives I really want to play at that point. Maybe.

I mean i just watched DrDisrespect literally salavating over the deep dive a couple of hours ago, and i honestly cant remember the last time he's been anything but negative when watching that kind of preview content.

Many on this forum are as transparent as water, and just as wet. Like someone said in another thread, this place is slowly dying by the console war shite.
But as Catlady just said, we now know who has zero interest in this game, so of course we wont see them shitting up Starfield threads from now on.....or will we?
It's really weird seeing the mixed reaction to this game and I do suspect a lot of the negativity is either because of FO76 and also because MS owns Bethesda now and its cool to hate on Xbox. Personally, this game is going to be fire, flaws and all. Can't wait.

Brofist

Nah they’ll just shit out a quick 3090 rig that they pulled out of the closet just for this game and “played” just long enough to tell everyone the game sucks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not even convinced by a long shot and I have the ability to play this day 1 regardless of the question. So no.

Quezacolt

At this point, there's nothing that could make me get an xbox, only if they go back to how it was during the 360 era.

The DRM, the fact that they dont bother putting the full game on the disk because the disk is for 2 gens... just no.

At this point, there's nothing that could make me get an xbox, only if they go back to how it was during the 360 era.

The DRM, the fact that they dont bother putting the full game on the disk because the disk is for 2 gens... just no.
After 20 years with an Xbox I can count on one hand how many times their DRM affected me.

Last edited:
I voted yes, because I already bought a Series X thinking Starfield was coming this year. The fact that the only great looking Xbox games are all coming in 2023 sucks.

Despite voting yes I have some serious concerns for Starfield after seeing how bad the framerate and how stiff the shooting mechanics looked. The shooting lacked impact too. I don't think there's enough time to even fix those things.

Graphically, while not looking like a next gen game, I did see a lot of improvements over their previous games. The lighting, environments, specular lighting, and faces were all improved. Are they using photogrammetry? I'm not sure.

To all the people saying%and the

one thing about Playstation only gamers.......it doesn't matter what game ur talking about. They will not deviate

u could release weeb party 2023 and bloodborne 2 on Switch...and they wont care. I mean sure, they'll complain and threaten ppl on twitter and make change dot orgs. But they aint gonna buy a switch

Pallas

Since you’ll be able to buy this on PC as well day 1,, I think the better question would be “Are you going to buy Starfield?”

Luckily I own both consoles.

Thank you for your deep, stimulating reply to this thread. We thank you for your contribution.

reinking

Gold Member
I didn't vote because I have both consoles but I would not buy a console for this game alone. PC is the answer. The Series X will probably be my last Xbox console if they continue to offer day one PC titles. *I'm not saying that as a negative. It is a good option to have.

Kssio_Aug

Well this is good news. It appears the worst of the trolls not only wouldn't buy an Xbox to play it, they don't like Bethesda games and/or have never played their games and won't play it on their gaming PCs.

Since they won't be playing Starfield they won't have any reason to be trolling all the Starfield threads and telling those of us that love Bethesda games, how bad it is.
Many of them moved on from Bethesda, after it was acquired. Suddenly Bethesda RPGs became so crap...

About the poll though, nowdays it's not really necessary to buy another console. People will be able to buy it for PC or play with a Game Pass subscription. Which is actually fantastic!

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

No Man’s Sky is already on PS5 and will support PSVR2.
*cough* also has 60+fps options,multiplayer and more planets.

However...
I personally like what I saw minus the performance.
If they make it 60fps I'm there day one.

I own XSX already so I guess the question isn't for me.

j0hnnix

No way... you crazy.

I already own one

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

sol_bad

I guess this thread perfectly shows why Sony won't and shouldn't release their 1st party games day and date with PC. They will kill their hardware sales.
Releasing older games to get new customers thirsty for the sequels though, that's perfect and could cause more hardware sales.

DavidGzz

I'm not rewarding that Bethesda jank with a buy but I will probably check it out at least on Game Pass. I hope the next Elder Scroll finally breaks free of that engine, but I doubt it. Still, I may be excited for Elder Scrolls since it's my preferred genre. Sci-Fi doesn't do it for me unless it's epic like Halo 1-3. It's a wait and see. The number of planets available was actually the opposite of hype-producing. The original Daggerfall was insanely huge, but it was all copypasta and I expect the same here.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nah.
I plan to get a PC and be done with consoles once GPU prices become reasonable around these parts. So if the game is well received I'll try it out then.

But until then I'm fine with a Ps5. I'm not that much into Bethesda RPG's, never even picked up Fallout 4.

DavidGzz

As a PC/PS5/Switch guy this gen so far, My PC should do at least Series X performance so I'm fine just playing that way - no need to buy an Xbox.

The game not actually being an Xbox exclusive is probably skewing the results, also leaves me a tad confused as to why some Xbox folk are upset about the no votes in this thread. You can't honestly expect people to buy a console if they have an adequate PC to play the game on.

I feel like if you're going to play it on PC maybe the poll isn't for you? It says PS ONLY gamers. But of course, people will still vote to make the poll seem crazy one-sided cause why not?

Justin9mm

Uh?. You don't need a console to play Starfield. This is the whole point of The Xbox Vision.

Xbox Stream Stick and Samsung TVs. Baby.
I play xCloud through my Series X to try out games before I download them, I have a very good solid connection and still, the experience in no way compares to playing it downloaded on my console. No matter how good your connection is, there will always be some sort of occasional lag/stutter from Microsoft's side and the resolution is only 1080p and a very compressed quality 1080p. The games don't look that great on a large TV. It's not something you will enjoy in a game you are trying to immerse yourself in. Knowing and experiencing what I have now, I would never go down this route unless I had no choice. I'm glad I have outlaid the money for the console because the experience is very different. Games on xCloud are a lot nicer on my phone being a smaller screen which is awesome when not at home as I have a really good phone mount for my xbox controller but xCloud at home on my TV is not great.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Well I was open to the idea prior to the reveal but the first look just didn't do it for me. I expected a bit more from a next gen only game🤷‍♂️ Also seems too bloated for its own good.

RyanEvans21

PC for me! but if its like playstation exclusive (coming to pc in 2 or 3 yrs) I might buy series x.

Last edited:

Shmunter

If it doesn’t target 60, wouldn’t even buy it on ps5. Anything less then 60 is no longer on the cards for my tastes.

slade

Playstation only gamer here. I have a PC so I won't say never ever. If anything, ten years down the road when I see it for ten bucks, I might just impulse buy it and then never touch it like I've done with way too many games.

DavidGzz

^Another PS only gamer...But also PC, but also PS only. But also PC stronker than XSX.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Well this is good news. It appears the worst of the trolls not only wouldn't buy an Xbox to play it, they don't like Bethesda games and/or have never played their games and won't play it on their gaming PCs.

Since they won't be playing Starfield they won't have any reason to be trolling all the Starfield threads and telling those of us that love Bethesda games, how bad it is.
Like the Xbox trolls do on forbidden west and TLOU threads?
Hell, we have trolls rooting for Ragnarok to be delayed.
Hm, I think it’s a case of:

Vanessa Lachey Hawaii GIF by CBS
world of warcraft legion GIF

ChiefDada

Gold Member
1000 planets, full cities, space combat and a sony exclusive? Would be talked about as game of the generation off hype alone. this game will do superb numbers, more than 20 million easily. But yea the mixed reception is mostly playstation fans hating since its exclusive.

Nonsense. There are legitimate critiques/concerns about the reveal from people with various platform preferences. As a PS only guy, I've been rooting for this game but the reveal simply fell short of my expectations. For example, nothing about the gameplay screams next gen to me, which is a bummer. Also seems massive for the sake of being massive.

I got an XSX and Starfield was a big reason why since it's one of their better AAA titles in the pipeline that can't be had on PS5 now unfortunately, but also because I hadn't played Xbox games since the 360 era. So I got it as a secondary GamePass machine.

This *has to be* a joke thread, right? For me to even *consider* buying an Xbox they would need to acquire KojiPro, FromSoft and Square (and PlayStation) 😂

ZJw0ZlP.gif

Last edited:

Pallas

Like the Xbox trolls do on forbidden west and TLOU threads?
Hell, we have trolls rooting for Ragnarok to be delayed.
Hm, I think it’s a case of:

Vanessa Lachey Hawaii GIF by CBS
world of warcraft legion GIF

Yeah you aren’t wrong, it goes both ways. I haven’t even played the first GoW on ps4 yet but it’s no denying it’s a fantastic game and it would suck if the sequel got delayed. I only say this, delay it if it needs it. I’d rather have fine tuned experience than a glitchy mess.

Now about Starfield, I never played NMS, but I can see the similarities. NMS was pretty ambitious, and it failed to live up to expectations at launch. Now I’m pretty hyped for Starfield, it’s showing some good things, some creative things, and going back to the roots of older Bethesda rpg roots. I hope they can clean up the game, and while I don’t expect each world to be 100% unique, it’s gonna be fun finding them and exploring them though and I expect some really good Easter eggs.

Those without a Series X but have a PC, I hope you give the game a chance, assuming they clean up the performance.

Sorry I know I went off topic.

Top Bottom