• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy503

I hope PS4s will not count against the PS3 2 console limit. But instead add to it.

If they are smart they'd add to it. Not everyone is going to early adopt (especially in this economy) and a company should want to please past and present fans not use scare tatics to get them to buy the newest system.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Doesn't matter though. No BC so no PS3 game is playable on the PS4. You could link 3 PS3s to any account, it is the amount of consoles on which you download a game that matters iirc.

Good point. I forgot activation limits are based on each individual game, not system wide. So it would make no difference.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Do people really expect an M-rated game for one of the big three main games in IGC? Aren't the existing ones all T-rated or lower?

I can't see God of War or Heavy Rain or anything else M-rated showing up there.

This leaves open the possibility of Uncharted, right?

I hope PS4s will not count against the PS3 2 console limit. But instead add to it.

I would like to see Motorstorm Apocalypse. I think Heavy Rain would be nice, but many might be thrown off by it too.
I've been playing a bit of MotorStorm Apocalypse recently 'cause it's on EU+. I really dig it, nice production values. I haven't played any other MotorStorm games though so I'm viewing it without any baggage from the series. I played the demo of Pacific Rift and found it incredibly boring.

netguy503

Do people really expect an M-rated game for one of the big three main games in IGC? Aren't the existing ones all T-rated or lower?

I can't see God of War or Heavy Rain or anything else M-rated showing up there.

This leaves open the possibility of Uncharted, right?

Isn't one of the opening scenes of Uncharted 2 Chloe grinding on drake on a bed. I was playing it on family vacation (she has a very young baby now who was out) and she was like "what the f you playing?" lol Also I think they would want a game that could be downloaded by most people and the uncharted series aren't those games.

hackdog

Banned
I just bought SotC/ICO, Demon's Souls and Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning for $0.00.
That's outstanding value for this month.
PSN AU store btw.

So I have had PS+ for about 2-3 months now and I already have about 24 games I need to play, and 3 BIG freebies coming later this month. After putting all my PS+ games on my Backloggery I went from having 50% of games finished to less than 30%.

Oh god, what have I done?

Also, what happens with the publishers/developers of the games on PS+? Does Sony pay them money?

So I have had PS+ for about 2-3 months now and I already have about 24 games I need to play, and 3 BIG freebies coming later this month.

Also, what happens with the publishers/developers of the games on PS+? Does Sony pay them money?

For every download + free promotion for whatever brand + DLC moneyz.

I just wonder how much the slice differs for different games. There might be some also some downpayment, who knows.

jcm

My PS+ expires next week. I missed out on the gamestop promotion and stupid sony doesn't tell you until the week before it expires. :/

You might want to wait and see if they have a deal for E3. They did last year, or two years ago.

Edit: actually, it's possible I hallucinated that. I can't find any mention of it. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So I have had PS+ for about 2-3 months now and I already have about 24 games I need to play, and 3 BIG freebies coming later this month. After putting all my PS+ games on my Backloggery I went from having 50% of games finished to less than 30%.

I don't plan on buying a PS4 or Xbone at launch, so I'm happy to be storing up more to play for the next year or two while deciding which console to buy and waiting for a price drop, sale or good bundle deal.

You might want to wait and see if they have a deal for E3. They did last year, or two years ago.

Edit: actually, it's possible I hallucinated that. I can't find any mention of it. Sorry.

Ya, I thought there was a sale sometime but I don't remember when... When is the anniversary? Was there a sale for that?

kasane

Since this is the PS plus thread I'll just ask here. When PS plus downloads my game patches it always errors and wont be installed? is it just me ?

I just realized, to download the Uncharted 3 Digital version of the game, you need 87GB (half of it being deleted after the dowload) which pretty much would be unpractical, therefore, I doubt we'll see Uncharted 3, let alone Uncharted Trilogy.

My bets are on Resistance3 - Killzone3 - Playstation All Star - Gran Turismo 5 - Heavy Rain.

I just realized, to download the Uncharted 3 Digital version of the game, you need 87GB (half of it being deleted after the dowload) which pretty much would be unpractical, therefore, I doubt we'll see Uncharted 3, let alone Uncharted Trilogy.

My bets are on Resistance3 - Killzone3 - Playstation All Star - Gran Turismo 5 - Heavy Rain.

You can count these two out, because they are not on PSN. They are probably as massive as Uncharted 3. And Resistance 3 is also not either.

ascii42

What if they only gave the single player?

LakeEarth

My PS+ is gonna run out soon, I don't think I'll re-sub yet. It's still a great deal, I just have 2-3 games I have on disc that I want to run through first. I downloaded Sleeping Dogs and never even played it yet.

Tailzo

My PS+ is gonna run out soon, I don't think I'll re-sub yet. It's still a great deal, I just have 2-3 games I have on disc that I want to run through first. I downloaded Sleeping Dogs and never even played it yet.

Your games on your disc, are they ps+ free games? If your sub runs out, you can't play them.

LakeEarth

Yeah I mean games I own. RDR, Arkham City and FFIX are games I've had on my plate that I never get to. Once I beat those I'll come back to PS+. It's just PS+ is creating this ever growing backlog that I can never get to.

BibiMaghoo

Since this is the PS plus thread I'll just ask here. When PS plus downloads my game patches it always errors and wont be installed? is it just me ?

I had this with a music unlimited update. Would not install when auto downloaded.

Delete the download, then let it update and install when switched off via auto update. That worked for me.

Hanmik

9JCzQjH.jpg

SappYoda

My guesses

Resistance 3
God of war III <- Not on PSN
GT5 <- Not on PSN
Dark souls <- Not from Sony
demon souls <- Already available
MGS4 <- Not from Sony
Ass creed 3 <- Not from Sony
Uncharted 3

I think they will be Sony games only.

My bet:

- Uncharted 2
- LBP Karting
- Resistance 3

Tizoc

Pid is on sale on eu psn, plus members get it for 3.35£ which is around $5. Been waiting to get it for months now ^^;

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
My guess would be PlayStation All-Stars, Journey and Killzone 3.

Certinty

My guess:
PS All Stars
Sly 4
Uncharted 3

Since the PS4 is coming out this year they might also want to give more interest to PS+ by adding to the number of games though.

Sendou

What about Heavy Rain? Any chance we might see that? I just want to play it but I don't really want to pay for it. Also Beyond is coming so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom