• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 07/20/10 - Gravity Crash Portable | Kane & Lynch Demo (PS+)

Doel

DMPrince said:
He isn't lying.

4813769258_81bbafcd88_b.jpg

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Did Sony/3rd parties give up on old umd to psn game releases? They haven't put one up in at least 4 months from what I can tell. Even PSone classics come out at a faster rate o_O

Agent X

This looks like a pretty solid update in my eyes.

Sam & Max S3E4: Will download in just a few minutes! (I already bought the season.)

Gravity Crash Portable: I really liked the PS3 version, and had been waiting for the PSP version for a while. Will certainly get this!

There's lots of good stuff that's either on sale or that got a price drop. I'm really tempted to get both After Burner Climax and Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded. Also, there are a few new Minis up there, including Young Thor which looks like it should be fun.

Haunted

Oh shit, PS3 now has that exclusive demo bullshit for Gold subscribers too?

Fucking hell. :( The major reason why I've downloaded demos on PSN over the 360 gone, just like this.

Mrbob

Wait...so Hamsterball was on sale last week on PSplus for $3.99 and now this week it is on sale for $7.99?

YouaredoingitwrongSony

Edit: This issue finally convinced me to chime in on the Playstation blog.

V_Ben

Banned
Haunted said:
Oh shit, PS3 now has that exclusive demo bullshit for Gold subscribers too?

Fucking hell. :( The major reason why I've downloaded demos on PSN over the 360 gone, just like this.

Don't worry, the demo was only available on monday, so gold people had 2 days of using it before it went on the store for other people (its going up for all on the EU store tomorrow)

Doel

DMPrince said:
I don't see it. ;\

I guess Grace finally put my PSN ID on the blacklist :lol

EDIT. wait. you have PS+ don't you? i noticed you have a downloaded icon next to the K&L2 demo.
Ya but I don't think that has anything to do with it. The MoH beta is not in the PS Plus section, nor does it have a Plus logo.

Gameboy415

kassatsu said:
Price Updates

► Price Drops
○ Peggle Nights [DLC] (Free with the purchase of Peggle)

I already have Peggle but I don't have Peggle Nights.
If I try to add Nights to my cart, it shows up full price.

What's the deal? :S

kassatsu

Banned
Gameboy415 said:
I already have Peggle but I don't have Peggle Nights.
If I try to add Nights to my cart, it shows up full price.

What's the deal? :S
You have to buy peggle now. It is a sale.

kassatsu

Banned
How about we start getting PSN store updates that we can set a clock by?

You know, to make it look like the people behind the PSN updates are paid professionals and not high school dropouts that lack time management skills?

Three plus years and the North American PSN store still can’t update at a set time – people should be fired.

Seriously.

Awesome first post on the psblog :lol :lol

Mrbob

I should read the comments section more often.

DMPrince | July 20th, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Grace Chen. Please Delete yourself from Planet Earth or update your PlayStation Store Position to Janitorial Engineer instead. Stop feeding us this garbage of an update.

:lol

I thought you just dissed Grace Chen here!

I3rand0

Mrbob said:
I should read the comments section more often.

I thought you just dissed Grace Chen here!

So for Peggle, I just purchase it and Nights is included in the install or do I have to go back and get Nights from the Store?

Mrbob

Not sure...don't have it. When I bought the 30 dollar Burnout Paradise bundle on PSN it had all the downloads available individually after I bought it. I'm guessing it would be the same way?

You could just fire up Peggle and check if Nights is there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I3rand0 said:
So for Peggle, I just purchase it and Nights is included in the install or do I have to go back and get Nights from the Store?

I'm slightly pissed you get it for free when I paid $5-7 for it about six months ago.

I mean, no regrets: Game is fucking awesome and the expansion is nice. But come on!

Awesome first post on the psblog

I am with the comment. Seriously.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Great...so the "PSN+ users get the only demo in the update" bullshit starts already. If Sony's trying to convince me to subscribe by doing stuff like this, its having the complete opposite effect.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Great...so the "PSN+ users get the only demo in the update" bullshit starts already. If Sony's trying to convince me to subscribe by doing stuff like this, its having the complete opposite effect.

Yep. Though I suppose subscribers aren't going to be complaining about such things :lol

Majine

Banned
I must admit SCEE had abit more class offering it a few days before the usual update. SCEA was like "1 Day time exclusivity, lol. The regular members can wait a week.".

Vamphuntr said:
The comments on the playstation blog are hilarious. I think they are the most negative I've seen in a long time.
but if you look into the minds of the negative people they find all those comments a positive!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmmm.... ABC is cheap.

Should I get?

DMeisterJ

Banned
The aura of negativity on the PS Blog is hurting my positivity streak regarding this, but I'm not going to come in expecting anything from the PS Store, so I'll say, Awesome update Grace Chen... Simply mesmerizing.

DMeisterJ said:
The aura of negativity on the PS Blog is hurting my positivity streak regarding this, but I'm not going to come in expecting anything from the PS Store, so I'll say, Awesome update Grace Chen... Simply mesmerizing.
mesmerizing is probably the wrong word to use.

Vamphuntr

From what I read of the comments on the blog. Last week one of the blog's staff member hyped a true psone classic for this week. People were expecting Vagrant Story, Suikoden 2, Xenogears and so on :lol . And they got Motor Toon. If it would have been a big classic it would have been advertised in advance. Vagrant Story EU, FF8, FF9, Grandia and the RE games all were announced on their respective publishers blogs/website before being uploaded on the store.

Majine

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
Vagrant Story EU, FF8, FF9, Grandia and the RE games all were announced on their respective publishers blogs/website before being uploaded on the store.
Grandia is not up yet in EU. On its way tho.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I was hoping for Alundra/Tomba/Jade Cocoon from Sony. :mad:

Vamphuntr

Majine said:
Grandia is not up yet in EU. On its way tho.

I had no idea... my point was only for Vagrant Story EU, rest is all on US psn.

ULTROS! said:
I was hoping for Alundra/Tomba/Jade Cocoon from Sony. :mad:

I would expect Mr Ireland to announce Alundra in advance. Sony can keep Jade Cocoon for themselves. Tomba is also a well known game, they announced Grandia in advance so pretty sure they would hype Tomba! too.

ULTROS!

EU guys get Vagrant Story and US guys get Grandia.

Guess its fair. :p

brandonh83 said:
Yep. Though I suppose subscribers aren't going to be complaining about such things :lol

kinda like 360 owners don't complain about the exclusive/early demos and such that's been going on xbl since forever. as a PS+ user here im kinda glad i will actually be up to date with the rest of the world now.

yay sony purchasing power?

MrPliskin

Banned
kassatsu said:
Toon Motor Grand Prix (PS3 Only)

God, I remember this game. It was TERRIBLE. I rented it many many years ago, only to find out it had something like 5 bland tracks, and terrible control (and nearly no re-playability). Anyone considering purchasing this should pass QUICKLY and go directly to Jet Moto if you don't have it. Significantly superior.

Top Bottom