• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
By the way, is there any way to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi without a router? I'd like to get online at school.

If your school has wi-fi, I don't see why not...

Unless it has some fancy login system, then I don't know

Man I wish schools had wi-fi in my day.

backlot

I'm sure whatever transfer system we get is going to lock items out again just so we have to wait ages for the ever exciting ENIGMA BERRY.

Tons of Gen V Pokemon have their Dream World abilities available in-game in Version 2.

I wouldn't say tons really. There are still plenty of Pokemon that haven't had their Dream World abilities released yet. I just want there to be some easier way to get them next gen.

If your school has wi-fi, I don't see why not...

Unless it has some fancy login system, then I don't know

Man I wish schools had wi-fi in my day.

I imagine most schools do have security on their wifi. If you have a DSi or 3DS you could try using the browser and see if it prompts you to enter a password though.

Berordn

I wouldn't say tons really. There are still plenty of Pokemon that haven't had their Dream World abilities released yet. I just want there to be some easier way to get them next gen.

They can be passed by breeding, so asking around will usually find someone who can help you out.

I agree that they really shouldn't lock them behind something as boring as ICE CREAM SCOOPER.

zroid

Banned
They can be passed by breeding, so asking around will usually find someone who can help you out.

I agree that they really shouldn't lock them behind something as boring as ICE CREAM SCOOPER.

The ice cream game was the easiest one though! :p

I really hated the Wailord game.

backlot

I want the Pokemon that haven't been released yet. Breeding won't help with that. I just hope they don't brush away Dream World abilities and forget about them or keep them as super rare give aways.

Berordn

I want the Pokemon that haven't been released yet. Breeding won't help with that. I just hope they don't brush away Dream World abilities and forget about them or keep them as super rare give aways.

I can't say I'm in any rush for Shadow Tag Chandelure, honestly...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You guys do know Xarneas would probably be a girl because X chromosome while Ylvetal could be a guy because Y chromosome :p

And you can breed them to have babbies

Also anyone else disappointed that the US Pokemon logo doesn't change at all? Compared to the Japanese one.

shit, I'm pulling a Yoshi... I swore I'd never do this after the D3 thread...

night everyone

God I need to take a break

I'm hoping they come up with a different way to distribute Dream World abilities. Something that isn't crappy browser games hopefully.

People don't use the dream world tool?

Jac_Solar

Yeah, that's true. I'm really not up to scratch with how the Pokemon series has evolved, and wasn't sure if you could have literally every single Pokemon in the latest games some how. But there you go.

There's already 649 Pokemon. Assuming X and Y at least bring the total count to 700, that's an insane amount of animated 3D assets. Maybe they'll DLC some assets to the SD card.

I imagine that they have a database of of high res models for all the Pokemons, and ensuring that it's easy for them all to transfer the models directly into the engine and ingame is a top priority for any Pokemon engine.

Hi Iwata.

I was just a bit surprised by the fact that he did that for Pokemon.

Xux

Also anyone else disappointed that the US Pokemon logo doesn't change at all? Compared to the Japanese one.
The logo's almost as important as the name itself. Someone at Nintendo probably insists on keeping a Dragon Quest level of preservation on the series.

Berordn

I mean via ethernet. Is there some sort of adapter I can buy?

You'll have to rig up a wi-fi connection somehow. It's possible to bridge it from a laptop or USB wireless adapter, depending on what you've got available.

The DS/3DS can't be connected to Ethernet directly, but I managed to connect through my phone when I was at school.

789shadow

Banned
You'll have to rig up a wi-fi connection somehow. It's possible to bridge it from a laptop or USB wireless adapter, depending on what you've got available.

The DS/3DS can't be connected to Ethernet directly.
Isn't there some official Nintendo adapter though? One that you put into a computer and make a Wi-fi hotspot?

qq more

Um, I'm the grouch here! I'm not even excited for this game!

(i have no idea why ive been lurking this thread all day, I just hope the game gets something really cool so I can be excited)

backlot

They made one and discontinued it a few years back. If you can track one down it'll probably still work.

It only works with XP. A while ago I messed around to see if there were some homemade drivers to make it run on Windows 7 but I was never able to get it working.

zroid

Banned
So, what were the guesses on the meanings behind the names Yveltal and Xerneas? Besides the Y and X aspects.

They seem to be related to Norse and/or Celtic mythologies. Apparently the Japanese name of Xerneas in particular very closely resembles that of a certain Norse stag.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh Japan, you and your... weirdness

327361928sig5.jpg

btw I made a cute pokemon thread

Umm, maybe you should read that link?

It's fan art that was posted as fan art but, oddly enough, the person who posted it gave no source and no one can find a source. Which is odd because normally people who make fan art want to spread that kinda stuff far and wide.

So yeah, that guy's just pointing out how odd that is basically and sliding in a "maybe the reason we can' find a source is because this is how they will actually look?". Wouldn't be the first time someone used the fan-art loophole to leak a Pokemon's design if that's the case.

gosox333

Ah okay, can we expect any CoroCoro Scans or Pokemon Sunday/Pokemon Smash for more of Pokemon X/Y news?

Corocoro's probably gonna have the Starters, the screens we've already got, and maybe the legendaries.

I'm not expecting too much new stuff, maybe the official art for the PCs, Xerneas, and Yvelta. I'd like to be surprised, though.

vall03

jesus, there are fanarts everywhere and it keeps increasing! and its just 2 days since the announcement, what to do we with the remaining nine months?!

stryke

Isn't there some official Nintendo adapter though? One that you put into a computer and make a Wi-fi hotspot?

As Berordn said, you can manipulate your laptop to become a wifi hotspot, no adaptor is needed.

Although, I'd recommend you take your studies a bit more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom