• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanna try and play this game as blind as possible. Discovering all those new Pokemon in the game itself, not knowing when/if they'd evolve and into what. Stuff like that.

Won't be easy, though.

Daedardus

Thought it was taxon. Yggdrasil can be said to be ash or yew.
Yeah apparantly taxus is just the genus while all the species are called yew. Thought that names of taxus for the species would be a bit more common in the US. And I still believe Yggdrasil to be a yew. Note that it also begins with a Y.

I was wondering how to explain that away.

Boss Doggie with the save!

Nr4Iv.gif

http://blackmok.deviantart.com/art/Fennekin-9-Emoticon-347913467

Some of these could be avatars.~

ALaqo.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32738735

upandaway

I really wanna try and play this game as blind as possible. Discovering all those new Pokemon in the game itself, not knowing when/if they'd evolve and into what. Stuff like that.

Won't be easy, though.
Well it should be significantly easier this time than before. We usually only get the full Pokedex with pictures some time after the Japanese release (...was leaked to the internet). For stats, levels and more info even longer.

You're pretty much screwed for the 15-20 Pokemon GF will reveal before the games release, though, they will be everywhere.

Oh shiii, they stepped up the starter designs this time.

Im intersted to see what the grass thing and frog turn into, but definitely picking the majestic fox first playthrough :)

TheMink

I feel like doing the "start with all 3 starters" thing this time around. How do you guys usually make traded Pokemon happy?

First slot, dont let them die if possible.

With a roulu, without letting it die i was able to get it to reach max friendship in 9 levels. I caught it at 13, evolved it at 22.
Obviously not traded but the same principals apply.

789shadow

Banned
First slot, dont let them die if possible.

With a roulu, without letting it die i was able to get it to reach max friendship in 9 levels. I caught it at 13, evolved it at 22.
Obviously not traded but the same principals apply.
The problem with this is that they won't do anything since they aren't happy yet and you don't have any badges, so keeping them from dying is near impossible.

TheMink

The problem with this is that they won't do anything since they aren't happy yet and you don't have any badges, so keeping them from dying is near impossible.

Oh, they obey you if you are within the level range, assuming you are just starting over three times and giving your lvl 6 starter to a friend to give to you, you shouldnt need a badge.

If its like lvl 30 yeah thats no going to work till you get the badge lol

My brother has done that every single pokemon game. Shouldnt be a big deal

If it is like the Gen V games, you'll have to beat the first gym before you can trade anyway. And the first badge lets you control traded 'mons up to level 20. You have no reason to be at that high of a level that early.

Kyzer

Banned
1) Happiness has nothing to do with Pokemon obeying you. What?
2) Even if a pokemon doesn't obey you, once in a while they will, or they'll choose their own attack, so you can still use them.
3) You don't know if you'll be able to trade before the first gym...

TheMink

1) Happiness has nothing to do with Pokemon obeying you. What?
2) Even if a pokemon doesn't obey you, once in a while they will, or they'll choose their own attack, so you can still use them.
3) You don't know if you'll be able to trade before the first gym...

Yup.

Keyouta

Was thinking of doing a blackout for these games but I wonder if it's all worth it. With the worldwide release and the 3DS not being hacked yet, there isn't many chances to learn the whole dex as soon as the games are released. Some areas will be shown along with a handful of pokemon before release as always, but I could stand seeing those.

Is anyone else thinking about doing a blackout?

789shadow

Banned
Was thinking of doing a blackout for these games but I wonder if it's all worth it. With the worldwide release and the 3DS not being hacked yet, there isn't many chances to learn the whole dex as soon as the games are released. Some areas will be shown along with a handful of pokemon before release as always, but I could stand seeing those.

I am thinking about it.

btkadams

i am thinking about it, but i am having the same thoughts as you. it won't be really possible to learn everything about the game before its release if it isn't being released in japan months ahead of us, so there would still be a lot of surprises.

BowieZ

Banned
Gah why did I only just realise that Chespin is covering his hedgehog spines with his green hoodie? I was all like, how can he be a hedgehog with no spines? lol

Berordn

Tho not legendary, I suppose Slaking would fit the bill with its 670 base stats.....if it wasn't for it's ability lol.

Slaking would be great in doubles and triples if the support he needed didn't bog down your whole team.

Also not legendary, but Darmanitan's kind of gorilla-like. He'd be interesting too, if zen mode worked differently.

Zaventem

Tho not legendary, I suppose Slaking would fit the bill with its 670 base stats.....if it wasn't for it's ability lol.

Yeah i just look at the stats wow!!... and then i read the ability and it hit like a ton of bricks.All it needs is a non useless dreamworld ability and it'll be god tier.

Qurupeke

Imagine slaking getting another ability. :eek: Or an item that negates the Pokemon's ability. :eek:

Edit: Hah, my first team on Emerald had a Slaking with Solar Beam.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
New legendaries look awesome. Genesect looks stupid. Ninetails is gorgeous.

Berordn

That shouldnt work should it?

The only ability changing move that works on Truant is Skill Swap, so most of the "obvious" ones like Worry Seed and Simple Beam wouldn't.

You could use skill swap to make Slaking into a legitimate beast depending on what you put on him, but something on your team's going to have Truant regardless.

edit: maybe I misunderstood what it is that shouldn't work

TheMink

The only ability changing move that works on Truant is Skill Swap, so most of the "obvious" ones like Worry Seed and Simple Beam wouldn't.

You could use skill swap to make Slaking into a legitimate beast depending on what you put on him, but something on your team's going to have Truant regardless.

edit: maybe I misunderstood what it is that shouldn't work

Yeah i just meant cause it takes a turn to charge, hyper beam works though! In fact you might as well because your loafing around phase happens at the same time as the recharge phase :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom