• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia

I haven't seen a single fan evo of the starters that I've genuinely liked yet.
I hope the official ones look nothing like any of them.

ohlawd

You must be one of the many Tropius haters, and maybe one of the few Torterra haters.

fuuuuuuuck no.

Torterra is my favorite grass starter tied with Sceptile and Tropius is a fucking boss; gives bananas to little kids and looks like a happy mofo.

shit if I were a Tropius, I'd be so happy right now. But I'm not so fuck this world.

No, but it does go Lizard -> Lizard -> OOOOOH A SNAAAAAKE

Probably not what people were expecting from an evolution.

More of a Skink with many Snake attributes.
fuuuuuuuck no.

Torterra is my favorite grass starter tied with Sceptile and Tropius is a fucking boss; gives bananas to little kids and looks like a happy mofo.

shit if I were a Tropius, I'd be so happy right now. But I'm not so fuck this world.

Goodbye ;_;7
Will be missed.

If you hated Tropius I would have cried harder than I have ever cried

chespin_evolutions_by_toppera_tpr-d5qya5n.png

Ok, do people not realize that Chespin is a Hedgehog and not a Turtle or Armadillo or ... mole thing?

Hypatia

They also better not make it fire/fighting again.

So what's the issue with this whole 'fire/fighting' thing? I'm guessing it's one of those meta-game problems.

Personally I've only ever cared about how cool pokemon look
because I am shallow.

So what's the issue with this whole 'fire/fighting' thing? I'm guessing it's one of those meta-game problems.

because I am shallow.

BECAUSE FIRE/FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD! STAND UP, AND STOP THE TYRANNY!!

Berordn

because I am shallow.

It's mostly that it's happened three generations in a row. Fire/Fighting is not a particularly strong defensive combination, but it's a pretty good attacking one.

But the Fire/Fighting types we've had are all kinda lame.

ohlawd

How about Fire/Fighting, Water/Fighting and Grass/Fighting starters?

I think that'd be a huge hit with the Pokemon crowd.

Makonero

What about fire/psychic, grass/dark and water/fighting? That would be pretty neat, plus the trailer kind of suggested it anyway.

I'd rather Chespin be Grass/Rock or even Grass/Fighting. It seems like Fennekin is a princess, Froakie is a sage, and Chespin would be the knight. So fighting would thematically make sense.

ffdgh

because I am shallow.

There have been 3 fire/fighting starters in a row. They were really pushing it with tepig becoming yet another one.

Delio

Did I read people hating on BroApe? As much as I LOVE Typhlosion ( It's prob one of my fav fire lines) Infernape always hold a place for me.

The-icon-and-banner-infernape-23390935-628-423.jpg

I'd rather Chespin be Grass/Rock or even Grass/Fighting. It seems like Fennekin is a princess, Froakie is a sage, and Chespin would be the knight. So fighting would thematically make sense.

That does make sense and would be cool to see him as a grass/fighting. The trailer suggests otherwise though. As long as Fennekin doesn't end up as a fire/fighting I'll be glad, but seeing Chespin evolve into a dark type would be kind of sad. Just look at his happy go lucky face :(

But I do like the idea of them getting the psychic, fighting and dark treatment to cover peoples wishes to get that trio instead.

Makonero

That does make sense and would be cool to see him as a grass/fighting. The trailer suggests otherwise though. As long as Fennekin doesn't end up as a fire/fighting I'll be glad, but seeing Chespin evolve into a dark type would be kind of sad. Just look at his happy go lucky face :(

But I do like the idea of them getting the psychic, fighting and dark treatment to cover peoples wishes to get that trio instead.

Remind me again, what in the trailer suggested dark type? I know Froakie might be ice type and I saw something psychic-like with Fennekin, but I don't remember anything really dark. (Could that "psychic" move just be leer or something?) I agree, Chespin evolving into a sinister dark type would be a little sad.

Hypatia

I'd love it if it was a fire/ghost - like some type of kyuubi thing.

Not that that would ever happen.

I just really like ghost types.

ffdgh

Remind me again, what in the trailer suggested dark type? I know Froakie might be ice type and I saw something psychic-like with Fennekin, but I don't remember anything really dark. (Could that "psychic" move just be leer or something?) I agree, Chespin evolving into a sinister dark type would be a little sad.

In the reveal video, chespin uses what I assume is night slash against golurk.

Meikiyou

Or steel, but 4x against fire is totally lame. Maybe a Dark knight

Brickhunt

because I am shallow.
Because in my headfanon, Emboar was supposed to be an awesome Infernal quadruple Beast Ganon-like from motherfucking hell, and Samurott was supposed to be an awesome bipedal Water/Fighting Samurai badass. (And Snivy final evo should be called Grasshole and be a motherfucking Tyranosaurus Rex, for no reason at all.)

Okay, now seriously. I simply don't know what Gamefreak was smoking when they made Oshawoot's final stage quadruple. A Fire/Fighting starter for the third time consecutively was lack of creativity, and Oshawoot line had the perfect opportunity to have the fighting type instead (Samurai's code of honer should fit the fighting type criteria). Fire/fight for the third time was a plain cruel joke. That's why we'll have the fourth Fire/Fighting starter in a row, just because. *cries*

ffdgh

Night Slash has pretty wide distribution though. Hell, Gallade learns it by level-up and he's Psychic/Fighting.

That and hopefully a grass starter gets a wide movepool for once.

Team Grass/frighting or rock for life....or atlease until we get more info.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
e4Wy6.jpg

Has anyone else notice the snowflakes in froakkie's attack? I don't think it's just water gun, or even ice beam. It could potentially be a water type move that could freeze, just like scald is a water type that burns. Also do you think froakkie could be a water/ice type?

Nah it's water. It's Hydro Pump. Water Gun doesn't look that powerful. Notice how the others use the signature type attacks (Solar Beam, Flamethrower)? Those aren't snowflakes, those are (terrible) water splash renditions. Those are ends of the "water column", not ice stuff. You can check Fennekin's flamethrower animation and see the same thing.

It wasn't so much what Chespin did but rather Fennekin using a psychic move and Froakie using what looks like Close Combat or something (though probably just quick attack...).

I don't know, it just seemed like they were trying to tell us their second types simply because we saw them use 2 moves each and Fennekin's was definitely a psychic move.

That and if you do pair them up as fire/psychic, water/fighting and grass/dark, they actually "cancel" each other out which I think is pretty neat.

Berordn

Yea, though arent there also two grass/fight ? I'd love to see either froakie or chespin be part fighting really, doesnt matter which.

Breloom and Virizion, yeah. It's not like we have a ton of Grass/Dark, but the ones we do have don't make me look forward to another. Breloom's all sorts of awesome and Virizion's pretty cool in its own way too.

i wouldnt mind fennekin's evo being fire/ghost or fire/psychic . Also this is the first gen in a while I think i feel comfortable saying i genuinely want a go with all 3 starters, not "just because", but because I actually like how all three look, for now.

i wouldnt mind fennekin's evo being fire/ghost or fire/psychic . Also this is the first gen in a while I think i feel comfortable saying i genuinely want a go with all 3 starters, not "just because", but because I actually like how all three look, for now.

I could see the fire-ghost combo.

Everyone else used a super effective move, so I could see that being a ghost attack.

I'd love it if it was a fire/ghost - like some type of kyuubi thing.

Not that that would ever happen.

I just really like ghost types.

Oh come on that would be... totally awesome o.o Whoa that is a really great idea I support this! :D And now I wish I could draw because a idea of such a Fennekin just now came up in my head but I can't even draw a Pikachu...

CCN4u.png

Someone should use this avatar. For the good of #TeamFennekin.

Hmm if I can't come up with a avatar myself I might actually use this one :)

e4Wy6.jpg

Has anyone else notice the snowflakes in froakkie's attack? I don't think it's just water gun, or even ice beam. It could potentially be a water type move that could freeze, just like scald is a water type that burns. Also do you think froakkie could be a water/ice type?

Well what if GameFreak pull some totally crazy thing and adds elements to attacks but only when certain Pokémon use them? Like Hydropump stays Hydropump but if Froakie's final evolution uses it it gets some sort of limited ice-effect with a chance of lets say 5%? I really doubt this will happen but it wouldn't be _that_ far fetched with the whole DNA theme! :D

Well what if GameFreak pull some totally crazy thing and adds elements to attacks but only when certain Pokémon use them? Like Hydropump stays Hydropump but if Froakie's final evolution uses it it gets some sort of limited ice-effect with a chance of lets say 5%? I really doubt this will happen but it wouldn't be _that_ far fetched with the whole DNA theme! :D
So something like, expand on Curse-type moves? That would be something to see, yeah.

zroid

Banned
It's not fair for Fennekin to end up Fire/Ghost. The best Pokemon in the whole Pokedex is Fire/Ghost. Too much pressure.
Well, Ghost/Fire, whatever

It's not fair for Fennekin to end up Fire/Ghost. The best Pokemon in the whole Pokedex is Fire/Ghost. Too much pressure.
Well, Ghost/Fire, whatever

I think Emitan is a big Litwick fan too.

fuVQL.png

Chandelure is one of the best shiny Pokémon in existence, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom