• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

yN4eR.jpg

Chespin #1

Well that's just where you and i will have to disagree because obviously our tastes are polar opposites (which is fair enough).

Don't get me wrong I like simplicity, but much like the opposite "Too busy/complex" argument, I think there is a thing as "Too simple" .You know what's a good simple design that doesn't go into boring territory, Blastoise , Rapidash , Primeape. I'd use other gens but since I used gen 1 pokemon initially i'll continue.

Tadale

I've been out since Diamond, and I had only played Blue before that. This looks like enough to put me back on board, but I hope they're making some changes to the structure.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Someone give me OP info and I'll edit it in.

I'm loving these starters. Trying to figure out how they're going to manage turning Fennekin's evolutions into fightings types though.

Looks soooooooo*10000 better than the 3D pokedex shit.

Erm, I've seen a couple of posts knocking the 3D models in Pokedex 3D like the ones shown here are better, and I'm wondering, have you guys ever actually used it?

Wow.. this is pretty awesome. Seeing screens kind of made me leery, but after seeing the trailer I was blown away. Totally down for this, I'll be buying a 3DS for this I think!

Celegus

Holy crap that looks awesome. Looks like my assumption was right with the B team working on Black and White 2 while the A team was working on whatever's next. October of this year? That's bananas! I was always a little weary of Pokemon going 3d but this seriously looks fantastic, love the art direction and somewhat cel-shaded look. Can't wait!!!

Water starter's not bad, but that fire one = gg. Too bad the wife and I both called dibs on the fire one as soon as it came up, which means I'll probably end up going water just to be different (don't argue with the woman, folks!)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Where the hell is ScraftyDevil and why hasn't he updated the OP.

Also I think Eat is Mod/Dark

Don't get me wrong I like simplicity, but much like the opposite "Too busy/complex" argument, I think there is a thing as "Too simple" .You know what's a good simple design that doesn't go into boring territory, Blastoise , Rapidash , Primeape. I'd use other gens but since I used gen 1 pokemon initially i'll continue.

Yeah too simple.

Although I'd put Blastoise to the "too complex/overdesigned" category they use for Haxorus. Reeks of "compensating for something".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm loving these starters. Trying to figure out how they're going to manage turning Fennekin's evolutions into fightings types though.

Erm, I've seen a couple of posts knocking the 3D models in Pokedex 3D like the ones shown here are better, and I'm wondering, have you guys ever actually used it?

These are the Pokedex 3D models just cel shaded. Nintendo is hardly likely to spend all those man-hours creating detailed models for some app only to throw them out for the main games.

NeonZ

The Pokedex 3d models were technically good, much better than the N64 models that had been reused since Pokemon Stadium for some Pokemons, but many people just dislike the plastic look that they have. Giving standard lighting to models based on the simple Pokemon designs would inevitably result in that problem. Cell shading fits Pokemon's designs much better.

Yes. I own the OG one on the 3ds. The models have absolutely no charm to me. Pokemon X/Y looks much more like what I would want.

Salsa

okay complete honesty time: im concerned about the 3D making the game slower. As someone who plays without the battle animations and whatnot.. yeah idk.

Obviously super early to tell but that + walk animation and new perspective has me uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I kinda miss the sprites bro

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Read the OP and got excited, then I watched the trailer and realized I don't care about Pokemon at all. Has the game even changed at all since its Gameboy days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom