• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Never not amazed with the fan art from these games

tumblr_mgcu1h1FO31r1yisao1_250.gif

tumblr_mgcu1h1FO31r1yisao2_250.gif

tumblr_mgcu1h1FO31r1yisao3_r1_250.gif

All of my feels

I hope they don't ruin the Water starter by giving it a shitty final evolution like they did for B/W.

I want my water frog...

Actually I kinda want all 3 starters.

But Samurott's awesome :<

Berordn

Sammrrot would have been fine had he been bipedal like his previous forms. Terrible ingame sprite too.

His artwork does him no justice, but when you think about the evolutionary line, it sort of makes sense.

Oshawott and Dewott look like Samurai, training themselves with war fans. Oshawott starts with one, Dewott has trained enough to use two effectively. Samurott has become trained enough in battle to be a shogun. He's his own steed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Like I said, he's pretty bipedal (he can walk on hind legs). Think of quadruped as a sign that he's allowing himself to be weaker to be fair on the enemy.

So, thanks to the hype (and to Grakl) I bought Black 2. And I'm really enjoying it! Also, Oshawott is my starter, Tepig was horrible to me and the other was like... mmmh... don't know!
Now I just hope it will be possible to transfer Pokemon with superior version X.

Meikiyou

Yveltal Hraesvelg ? I have doubts of what is the certain mythology origin of Yveltal as to me it can be Nidhogg/vedfolnir and hraesvelger.

zroid

Banned
the new gen hype cycle is really taking a toll on my various non-Pokemon-related responsibilities and priorities :(

entremet

Samurott is definitely the best Gen V starter. Great attack and special attack, access to Swords Dance, great design.

Is there a chance that not all the pokemon will make it the first release? Them redesigning everything into polygons with various attack/get hit animations sounds like actual work.

Wiz

Is there a chance that not all the pokemon will make it the first release? Them redesigning everything into polygons with various attack/get hit animations sounds like actual work.

Well, the game has been in development since 2010...so that's 3 years of work. I'm sure all the Pokemon will be available in this game.

ffdgh

Serperior was always the best. It simply wanted to give the other 2 a chance while it waits for it's dream to become a reality . Also Dragon pulse was a nice new attack and earth power would have completed the mix with contrary leaf storm.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
No way. My Emboar with an original and so not used by other people name of Ganon is way better.

Cromat

The legendaries are nice, much better than the random jet engines in BW.
Lets just hope they don't go overboard with more and more legendaries. It's gotten to a point where around 20% of all Pokemon are legendary, completely devaluing the concept.

They should have a system similar to GSC:

Two box legendaries
A trio of legendaries like the birds/dogs/Regis etc.
ONE (!) Mew-equivalent

For a total of 6 legendaries.

Well, it's not all new work- they have the models from Dex 3D that they probably modified slightly, they have the animations and camera movements to work off of from PBR and BW/2, and they have the general template of how they look and feel from BW/2.

A lot of the base work has been done already in most cases I bet, and it would just be a matter of actually adapting it to the hardware.

Berordn

Lets just hope they don't go overboard with more and more legendaries. It's gotten to a point where around 20% of all Pokemon are legendary, completely devaluing the concept.

Two box legendaries
ONE (!) Mew-equivalent

Devaluing how? It's not like you can get more than one per game, and since most of them are restricted to the postgame, the "hunt" gives you something to do once you've otherwise finished the game.

Most legendaries are terrible anyway, so that's done more damage to them than anything else, I'd say.

Meikiyou

Two box legendaries
ONE (!) Mew-equivalent

The mew one I think will be a squirrel related to ratatosk the three legendary will be related to the norns of time( Skuld, verdand and urd) and the trio of legendarys hresvelgr, eikþyrnir and jormugndr.

Kurita

Two box legendaries
ONE (!) Mew-equivalent

Celebi
Jirachi
Shaymin
Victini

So... The ONE Mew-equivalent has always been there.

The Lamp

Well, the game has been in development since 2010...so that's 3 years of work. I'm sure all the Pokemon will be available in this game.

I'm just worried about Iwatas comment that we will see brand new Pokemon and 'some' old ones as well. I wish he has said 'all' ' :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Samurott is definitely the best Gen V starter. Great attack and special attack, access to Swords Dance, great design.

It's a shame it didn't pick up a secondary typing, with pure Water being so over saturated with Pokemon. Water / Fighting is the obvious choice, but Water / Bug (with some slight design changes) with it already receiving Megahorn would have been awesome.

Wiz

I'm just worried about Iwatas comment that we will see brand new Pokemon and 'some' old ones as well. I wish he has said 'all' ' :/

Oh...hopefully he was just referring to the main game having some old pokemon in the regional dex. :/

Cromat

Celebi
Jirachi
Shaymin
Victini

So... The ONE Mew-equivalent has always been there.

But there are tons of base 600 event legendaries which are not the standard Pixie.
Manaphy, Darkrai, Deoxys, Genesect, a bunch of others from BW that I don't remember...

Instead of making tons of legendaries they could make quests or events relating to previous legendaries, there are enough of them. Most of the new ones are terribly boring and the huge amount of legendaries introduced in DP and BW was totally unnecessary. Most of them are overdesigned anyway. I'm not one of those who think the new generations are worse design-wise (they're not), but the legendaries definitely are. Arceus is the moment the "legendary" concept officially jumped the shark. If there's a GOD pokemon the very least it could do given its godly powers is to make itself not as ugly as it is.

I'd like them to start closing loose evolutionary ends and make more Pokemon viable. Off the top of my head:

Farfetch'd
Pinsir
Mr Mime
Jynx
Dunsparce
Luvdisc
Mantine
Delibird
Solrock and the other guy
Zangoose (definitely)
Absol (definitely)
Seviper

I really liked how DP was full of new evolutions to old pokemon. There's a lot of potential there. They are already rehashing stuff like fire monkeys and fire foxes so why not go and make the most of pokemon that they already created.

Berordn

Farfetch'd is never going to be useful. Its whole existence is based on the proverb &#40232;&#12364;&#33905;&#12434;&#12375;&#12423;&#12387;&#12390;&#26469;&#12427; ("a duck comes bearing green onions").

He exists to be fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom