• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Rumble U (April 24th Japan) - First Wii U game to use NFC

So are the toys only going to be available from Pokemon Centre?
Where am I going to import them from?
(I have a Japanese Wii U - am buying it day 1.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
something something I told you guys Zoroark would be forgotten and somehow Lucario becomes the "face" of Gen V so no matter what you guys say he'll be in Smash 4 something something

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The problem is the way the Centres are doing the toys. They're in gachapon machines so you can't guarantee which one you'll get
I-i-it's like they are simulating in-game encounters... wait a second it's about money huh?

something something I told you guys Zoroark would be forgotten and somehow Lucario becomes the "face" of Gen V so no matter what you guys say he'll be in Smash 4 something something

I want not to believe.

The problem is the way the Centres are doing the toys. They're in gachapon machines so you can't guarantee which one you'll get

That's not cool :/
I won't go buy any of them if I can't chose which one I'll get.

JoeM86

It seems the special figure may be an Eevee.

On the special case for sale in the Pokémon Centre, there's an outline of the heads of three Pokémon: Victini, Pikachu and Eevee

It seems the special figure may be an Eevee.

On the special case for sale in the Pokémon Centre, there's an outline of the heads of three Pokémon: Victini, Pikachu and Eevee

Each Pokemon center has its 3 mascots, could it be linked with one center in particular?

sakipon

That's not cool :/
I won't go buy any of them if I can't chose which one I'll get.

Indeed. I kind of thought the idea was that masses would buy 1 or 2 of their fave pokemons and start training them. Obviously fans and kids would start collecting but not everyone wants to try their luck.

JoeM86

Each Pokemon center has its 3 mascots, could it be linked with one center in particular?

Possible, but that doesn't fit
130315_p01_pic02.jpg

Incidentally, that Pikachu is different to standard Pikachu figures. It has a special ability and is stronger

JoeM86

I've started creating set listings for the site. The question is whether the figures will be specific with moves etc., or if it's random. My money is on random

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
dunno if I want this to succeed or not the possibility is scary

yet it could save the Wii U

so torn

I dunno..for this particular game, I'm skeptical of the impact- its a downloadable title only and the figures are only available at Pokemon Centers.

Doesn't seem like a set up that will lead to any sort of a hardware bump.

JoeM86

I dunno..for this particular game, I'm skeptical of the impact- its a downloadable title only and the figures are only available at Pokemon Centers.

Doesn't seem like a set up that will lead to any sort of a hardware bump.

To be fair, they've shown that they're going to be stocking download cards in stores, unlike most download only titles

javac

I don' this this will do anything significant for the hardware sales wise, but it will set the precedent for future Nintendo titles that might take advantage of NFC at a greater length.

schuelma

To be fair, they've shown that they're going to be stocking download cards in stores, unlike most download only titles

I think that's still just for the Pokemon Center's though right?

Though I have to imagine they will put the download cards everywhere- makes sense.

JoeM86

I think that's still just for the Pokemon Center's though right?

Though I have to imagine they will put the download cards everywhere- makes sense.

Yeah, think of it as a retail game without a physical disc. Though for this reason, I doubt it'll be considered one for the purpose of sales charts.

It does appear that they may be aiming this as the Wii U's Golden Week baby though

schuelma

Yeah, think of it as a retail game without a physical disc. Though for this reason, I doubt it'll be considered one for the purpose of sales charts.

It does appear that they may be aiming this as the Wii U's Golden Week baby though

Yeah, I think its too late to announce a retail title. Odd by Nintendo.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/pokemon-wii-u-game-follows-in-skylanders-footsteps

the more I see the toys the more I want them but this game is still not the ideal killer app I was hoping for with this NFC

:(

also from that IGN update
A carry case for your crew has also been revealed, looking suspiciously like a lunch box. It'll set you back ¥780 (£5.40/$8.00) while the toys will cost ¥200 each (£1.40/$2.00).

There's one other bit of news too: the toys will be sold in blind capsules, meaning you won't actually know which toy you're buying. It's not too surprising giving the onus the series places on trading with friends to catch 'em all, but it certainly doesn't bode well for your wallet. Who knows though, maybe this will be changed if the game gets a Western release?

OUCH!

I may want to import some of these toys even without the game though
If I find a place that sells them as sets

TrickRoom

Taking note how early in the console generation this is getting released... it wouldn't surprise me if they planned to slowly add onto this title with continued support well off until the end of the Wii U's lifecycle.

JoeM86

Taking note how early in the console generation this is getting released... it wouldn't surprise me if they planned to slowly add onto this title with continued support well off until the end of the Wii U's lifecycle.

Yeah, I'm fully expecting $5 DLC which adds the XY Pokémon to it

enishi

I didn't try the Wii and 3DS version due to lack of online play.

This one seems to be missing the online co-op/VS modes neither... am I right? :(

Vexxan

Gameplay looks kinda chaotic but I bet there's some fun in there. The idea that you don't know which Pokémon you get when you buy those capsules both excite and scare me but at least they keep it at a pretty acceptable price and not like Skylanders.

JoeM86

Gameplay looks kinda chaotic but I bet there's some fun in there. The idea that you don't know which Pokémon you get when you buy those capsules both excite and scare me but at least they keep it at a pretty acceptable price and not like Skylanders.

It does seem there's a new mechanic to prevent the total chaos. Collect the diamonds and once you get enough, touch the gamepad's screen and bam, massive wave of damage

Top Bottom