• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett2

artredis1980 said:
Morning:

1. Fox News has Obama up by 5
2. ABC News has Obama up by 9
3. Rasmussen has Obama up by 2

Afternoon

1. First exerpt of Palin Interview with Couric. Full interview sent to McCain Camp

Mid Afternoon

1. McCain suspends campaign and calls for end of debates
2. Obama calls McCains bluff and calls for debates to go forward and multitasking
3. Full Couric Interview released to public

Evening

1. CNN Numbers should Obama leading heavily in Colorado, Michigan and Pennsylvania

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I would like to present the "Magic Campaign Suspension Bullet" theory.
jfk-movie_l.jpg

Time to watch Letterman!

MaddenNFL64

Oh yeah, the Rick Davis, Fannie Mae deal. McCain is trying to kill that too.

Media could toss that out the window because of McCain's wacko tactics.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Ether_Snake said:
But the average American will have just heard:

"McCain stops campaign to go and work on the bill."

"Bush addresses the nation."

"Bill passes."

They will think McCain was involved!
Why would you assume that the average American would only happen to have heard those things specifically? Why couldn't they also have heard, "Democrats *and* Republicans say they don't need McCain's help" or, for that matter, why would you even assume they'd know a bill passed of any kind? :p

Cheebs

You know what I love?

Our economy is being saved from falling into a great depression not by Bush. Not by McCain. Not by Obama. But most of all by Barney Frank. Barney Frank is THE key person who has the power to get this through or not which determines the fate of our economy.

I wonder how many religious right folks from the south realize that a GAAAAAAY man is the person whose fate this country has rested on the past few days.

I would love to see their reaction to finding this out. Barney Frank ftw.

pxleyes

Banned
Who the fuck is this guy on Colbert? He's talking out his ass around his ass and then it takes a left turn and that's all you got! Seriously he sounds worse than John Madden. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

pxleyes said:
Who the fuck is this guy on Colbert? He's talking out his ass around his ass and then it takes a left turn and that's all you got! Seriously he sounds worse than John Madden. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
It's the future's fault.:lol

Tamanon

Banned
pxleyes said:

Yeah, Colbert accidentally nailed him when he wasn't expecting it. It was bizarre. I think he didn't know what type of interview Colbert does.:lol

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Diablos said:
Shit goddamn, why can't it be November

Obama up by 5 in a Fox poll is just baaaaaaad for the Straight Talk Express.

I agree! This is all great news but it's still to damn early! So many things can change and I don't trust the public enough to think that they won't see this for what it really is.

Tamanon

Banned
Lv99 Slacker said:
Where is this? That cooky old man. Wish I had a grandpa like him.

He was Colbert's guest tonight. Love listening to him speak, will probably check out Hope on a Tightrope.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I like the Obama list, but I think they should be including ongoing wars and whatnot that were ongoing during the presidential debates. The president has to juggle countless threats daily.. some we know about, some we likely dont. You cant just pick something at random and say "ZOMG WORST THING EVA, STOP EVERYTHING!"

Arde5643

Ohhhhh shit!! Hopes this develops!!

Alaska State Representative Les Gara (D) of Anchorage said:
Today a State Representative called on the Alaska State Troopers to look into possible criminal witness tampering in the state’s bi-partisan legislative Troopergate investigation.

Alaska’s witness tampering statutes prohibit any person from “inducing” a witness to fail to comply with a subpoena. Almost daily, McCain staffers have called press conferences and made efforts to stonewall the legislative investigation. Prior to Aug. 29 no witness had stated they’d refuse to comply with the investigation, and the Governor in fact promised she and her staff would comply.

The witness tampering statutes follow:

Alaska Statute 11.56.545 -

“(a)Tampering with a witness in the second degree: A person commits the crime of tampering with a witness in the second degree if the person knowingly induces or attempts to induce a witness to be absent from an official proceeding, other than a judicial proceeding, to which the witness has been summoned. (b) Tampering with a witness in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor. (Emphasis added).

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/24/224539/911/660/609542

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys, I think Obama is fucked.

I bet this is the plan:

Bush and Co. told McCain the bailout was going to pass soon, within the next two days, this was told to him later today after the hearings on the bailout plan, which ended at around 4pm if I recall.

McCain is told to come to Washington to act as if he was going to get a close look at the bailout plan.

Obama is also asked to come, to make it look like he too is getting involved in the plan.

Bush addresses the nation saying the bailout is needed (Bush is highly unpopular, he's the last guy you want telling people the bailout is needed). Bush and Co. do want the bailout to pass, but they also want to save McCain's campaign.

The bailout will pass, Obama will vote for it.

McCain will vote against it strongly, and seek to rally the population's anger as support for his position.

Maverick! POW! And no responsibility if the plan fails to help in the end.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yes, Ether_Snake, it's all an elaborate plan! What's the phrase for secretive elaborate plan...I can't remember.

all i know is that 9/11 was an inside job!

Cheebs

MaddenNFL64 said:
Barney Frank is the workhorse on this. America is lucky to have this gay, lispy man doing such good work.
He is the best gay lispy man to lead our country ever. Look at these awesome things he has said:

In 1995, then-Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey referred to Frank as "Barney Fag" in a press interview. Armey apologized and said it was "a slip of the tongue". Frank did not accept Armey's explanation, and responded, "I turned to my own expert, my mother, who reports that in 59 years of marriage, no one ever introduced her as Elsie Fag."

He once famously quipped that he was unable to complete his review of the Starr Report detailing President Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky, complaining that it was "too much reading about heterosexual sex".

barney-frank_grabbing_ass.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

I bet this is the plan:

Bush and Co. told McCain the bailout was going to pass soon, within the next two days, this was told to him later today after the hearings on the bailout plan, which ended at around 4pm if I recall.

McCain is told to come to Washington to act as if he was going to get a close look at the bailout plan.

Obama is also asked to come, to make it look like he too is getting involved in the plan.

Bush addresses the nation saying the bailout is needed (Bush is highly unpopular, he's the last guy you want telling people the bailout is needed). Bush and Co. do want the bailout to pass, but they also want to save McCain's campaign.

McCain will vote against it strongly, and seek to rally the population's anger as support for his position.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Why would he be going back to Washington just to vote no on the bill? Staying on the trail would have the same effect.

StoOgE

Stoney Mason said:
The presidential race also didn't stop him (Mccain) from missing a shitload of senate votes in general but who's counting eh

Yeah, evidentily a shitload of stuff isnt even important enough to bother to show up and vote for, but this is important enough to STOP EVERYTHING. Even though the economy is fundamentally strong.

Ether_Snake said:

I bet this is the plan:

Pssshhh. About 4 years ago I'd say that's crazy...but after all the GOP bullshit we've seen, it might just come to fruition.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Tamanon said:
Doesn't make any sense to me. Why would he be going back to Washington just to vote no on the bill?

To vote no on the bill, and force Obama to vote yes.

Staying on the trail would allow Obama not to vote for it, and him not to vote against it.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

I bet this is the plan:

u dumb

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I just caught up on 16 pages of Poligaf...

seriously the greatest day ever. I'm gonna have to call off work friday. I can't miss this 'debate'. it's like thrilla in manilla. Unmissable. Can't miss. I've got to see this all go down in flames.

legend166

Just from looking in from the outside (Australia) it seems the public doesn't actually give a damn about "Troopergate". Am I right on this?

ronito

Tamanon said:
Doesn't make any sense to me. Why would he be going back to Washington just to vote no on the bill? Staying on the trail would have the same effect.
Remember, this is the same guy who authored an immigration bill and later voted against the very bill he wrote. He's stupid like a FOX!

Ether_Snake said:

I bet this is the plan:

That's all fine except if the bill really is pro-tax payer as stated before in this thread, McCain just fucks himself as he's not on the side of the people and Obama is.

Tamanon

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

Staying on the trail would allow Obama not to vote for it, and him not to vote against it.

Obama is only coming back if they need his vote. He won't be voting either way I'm thinking.

And Letterman is KILLING McCain now.:lol

StoOgE

Ignatz Mouse said:
I think the debates should continue, but that list is not that compelling. Nothing like our current crisis, IMHO.

Not true, the Iran/Iraq war and the hostage crisis was fucking huge, and the economy was probably more in the shitter at the time.

The fall out of the Bay of Pigs not big enough?

I mean really, this is a crisis. Bush has had to deal with 3-4 of them in his tenure already, and I would say at this point this is the 3rd biggest in the last 8 years (9/11 and Iraq being bigger).

Dont blow things out of proportion.

StoOgE

Ether_Snake said:

Except McCain voting against it while almost all leading economists are saying that you have to do it would make him look even more worthless on the economy. The last thing you need is Warren Buffet coming out and calling you a fucking retard on the economy, which is what would happen.

Given all the fuckups out of McCain these last 10 days, you are giving them far too much credit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I hope I'm wrong!

StoOgE said:
Except McCain voting against it while almost all leading economists are saying that you have to do it would make him look even more worthless on the economy. The last thing you need is Warren Buffet coming out and calling you a fucking retard on the economy, which is what would happen.

It would still pass, he would get the "don't take my tax money!" people on his side, lots of undecided voters.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The dumbest part of McCain's strategy is that it breaks his "did OK so reception will be positive" advantage going into the debates. Now the press will rightfully focus on how weak he looks, even if he does "OK" and what's worse, he may have transferred that effect to Palin.

IDIOTIC. Who is advising the man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom