• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xisiqomelir

RubxQub said:
PoliGAF Post Counts of Shame from Previous Thread:
  1. GhaleonEB 738
  2. Tamanon 713
  3. AniHawk 707
  4. speculawyer 554
  5. Stoney Mason 491
  6. The Lamonster 389
  7. polyh3dron 382
  8. CharlieDigital 359
  9. Hitokage 328
  10. mckmas8808 328
  11. reilo 326
  12. Zeliard 320
  13. OuterWorldVoice 308
  14. Cloudy 296
  15. BenjaminBirdie 296
  16. lawblob 291
  17. artredis1980 273
  18. Fragamemnon 259
  19. PhoenixDark 255
  20. Cheebs 253
  21. Steve Youngblood 252
  22. gkrykewy 250
  23. Xisiqomelir 248
  24. Gaborn 244
  25. RubxQub 243

Obamaposter.jpg

Tyrone Slothrop said:
i dunno about that. like the palin pick, this is a distraction, and in that respect it's succeeded.

it'll take a week or two to claim any major fail or not. hopefully, it is.

The Palin pick was a positive move for his base, this was the total opposite.

Vestal

Gold Member
Daily show on soon, seriously Stewart doesn't need to talk at all, just show clips of todays events and that should be enough.

Seriously you couldn't make this stuff up. Sent the Palin interview to a Republican friend, and he is now voting for Obama it was the straw that broke the camels back for him that coupled with McCain over the past 2 weeks.. The words out of his mouth were pretty much JFC WTF.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
With Obama accepting the invitation to the white house.. sort of makes McCain's decision to suspend his campaign even stranger. It looks like McCain had no idea they would be both invited to a meeting.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Vestal said:
Daily show on soon, seriously Stewart doesn't need to talk at all, just show clips of todays events and that should be enough.

Seriously you couldn't make this stuff up. Sent the Palin interview to a Republican friend, and he is now voting for Obama it was the straw that broke the camels back for him that coupled with McCain over the past 2 weeks.. The words out of his mouth were pretty much JFC WTF.
The Daily Show is always a day late in their news

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah dumb people are going to think as such:

1- Bailout plan had been in talks for a week.
2- McCain puts campaign on hold and flies to Washington to get things done.
3- Bailout plan is changed, passes the next day.
4- McCain is a maverick, fixed the bill and made it all good and saved the economy.
5- Polls up for McCain.

Loudninja

UPDATE 2-US Democrats claim Wall St. bailout breakthrough
WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Democratic Rep. Barney Frank said on Wednesday Democrats had reached an agreement to stem one of the worst U.S. financial disasters in decades, and that there would be enough votes to pass the measure and send it to President George W. Bush to sign into law

"We now have between House and Senate Democrats an agreement on what we think should be in the bill, and we have a meeting scheduled at 10 a.m. tomorrow to meet with the Republicans," said Frank, chairman of the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee.
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2448444820080925

i deserve to have my status changed to full member for providing breaking news contributions to gaf. even though im crazy against clinton, U know I provide good content

MaddenNFL64

He's not doing anything today. Obama, at the request of the president is showing up on thursday too.

If this get's done tomorrow, McCain really screwed himself here.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
John Stewart said:
What's the difference between a hockey mom and a flower? One has both male and female reproductive organs...AND THE OTHER ONE'S A FLOWER! BOOOOOOM!

:lol :lol

i just realised that mccain has been so adamant in stealing all of obama's ideas that when obama called him to make a joint statement this morning on the economy, mccain thought it was such a good idea, he took that as his own and suspended his campaign

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MaddenNFL64 said:
He's not doing anything today. Obama, at the request of the president is showing up on thursday too.

If this get's done tomorrow, McCain really screwed himself here.

But the average American will have just heard:

"McCain stops campaign to go and work on the bill."

"Bush addresses the nation."

"Bill passes."

They will think McCain was involved!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
John Stewart is on drugs or something this episode :lol

BADONKA DONK! BADONKA DONK!

Diablos

:lol @ Letterman

He really called McCain out!

"I'm gonna go save the country and make a mad dash to DC -- right after I ditch you and chat with Katie Couric instead! LOL!"

Barney Frank said:
We're trying to rescue the economy, not the McCain campaign
Heh, yep.

Well, if the bill passes stupid people give credit to McCain and if it doesn't our economy is completely borked.

We're so completely fucked.

Pakkidis

anybody have a link of msnbc online where you can watch the shows in their entirety. I can only watch snippets of videos.

Xeke

Banned
JzeroT1437 said:
Well, if the bill passes stupid people give credit to McCain and if it doesn't our economy is completely borked.

They aren't that stupid. If they were Obama would be dead in the water from Rev. Wright.

Tamanon

Banned
JzeroT1437 said:

Good, let them think McCain presided over this massive increase in government spending and regulation. Then he can take his "conservative" argument and toss it out the window and he still won't get the independent one.:lol

Juice

JzeroT1437 said:

Unlikely, people are paying way too close attention and the cable news outlets are covering the campaigns in such mind-numbing detail that it's way way too hard for either campaign to try to slip a fast one like that. This would have worked in 2000 or 2004, but the public wasn't nearly as engaged, and the news cycles weren't nearly as snappy.

Cloudy

Banned
_leech_ said:
This has got to be the most epic backfire ever. Campaign put on hold, debates tossed in the air, Palin bombs... and all for nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I really hope they pass it before he gets there :lol

Ponn

Banned
artredis1980 said:
i just realised that mccain has been so adamant in stealing all of obama's ideas that when obama called him to make a joint statement this morning on the economy, mccain thought it was such a good idea, he took that as his own and suspended his campaign

Obama got wise and did a rope a dope.

"Yeah, John? It's me Barack. So I was just kind of thinking wouldn't it be cool if I suspended my campaign and said I was going back to Washington to be a hero and save the economy and even forgetting the debates. What do you think about that?"

*hangs up*

"Sucker"

Diablos said:
Not all of them, of course not. The question is how many of those oh-so-wonderful "independent swing voters" will be swayed by this kind of shit.

I don't see this working. The only McCain Win of the day is the fact that no one is talking about Rick Davis.

Sorry, I can't keep up with this thread. Has this been posted?

http://news.aol.com/elections/artic...s/187672?icid=100214839x1210225437x1200610399

Pakistan's new president, Asif Ali Zardari, entered the room seconds later. Palin rose to shake his hand, saying she was "honored" to meet him.

Zardari then called her "gorgeous" and said: "Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you."

"You are so nice," Palin said, smiling. "Thank you."

A handler from Zardari's entourage then told the two politicians to keep shaking hands for the cameras.

"If he's insisting, I might hug," Zardari said. Palin smiled politely in response

Holy shit, $5,000,000 was spent in order to get ready for a debate that might not even happen???? So let's throw away 5million to do what? Isn't this part of the reason we are in the mess we're in, mismanagement of money??? How fucking pointless.

got2bekidding said:
Holy shit, $5,000,000 was spent in order to get ready for a debate that might not even happen???? So let's throw away 5million to do what? Isn't this part of the reason we are in the mess we're in, mismanagement of money??? How fucking pointless.

"I want some receipts damnit!"

Cloudy said:
Yup. EPIC FAIL

Morning:

1. Fox News has Obama up by 5
2. ABC News has Obama up by 9
3. Rasmussen has Obama up by 2

Afternoon

1. First exerpt of Palin Interview with Couric. Full interview sent to McCain Camp

Mid Afternoon

1. McCain suspends campaign and calls for end of debates
2. Obama calls McCains bluff and calls for debates to go forward and multitasking
3. Full Couric Interview released to public

Evening

1. CNN Numbers should Obama leading heavily in Colorado, Michigan and Pennsylvania

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Diablos

Shit goddamn, why can't it be November

Obama up by 5 in a Fox poll is just baaaaaaad for the Straight Talk Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom