• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Did someone say 538?! Pacman's mouth has opened a bit tonight :(

0924_mainchart.jpg
2886502776_06b1cf9dfb_o.png

GhaleonEB

RubxQub said:
PoliGAF Post Counts of Shame from Previous Thread:
  1. GhaleonEB 738
  2. Tamanon 713
  3. AniHawk 707
  4. speculawyer 554
  5. Stoney Mason 491
  6. The Lamonster 389
  7. polyh3dron 382
  8. CharlieDigital 359
  9. Hitokage 328
  10. mckmas8808 328
  11. reilo 326
  12. Zeliard 320
  13. OuterWorldVoice 308
  14. Cloudy 296
  15. BenjaminBirdie 296
  16. lawblob 291
  17. artredis1980 273
  18. Fragamemnon 259
  19. PhoenixDark 255
  20. Cheebs 253
  21. Steve Youngblood 252
  22. gkrykewy 250
  23. Xisiqomelir 248
  24. Gaborn 244
  25. RubxQub 243
Hmmm. I'll have to ratchet back for this thread. Today was just so exciting!
RubxQub said:
Did someone say 538?! Pacman's mouth has opened a bit tonight :(

2886502776_06b1cf9dfb_o.png
0924_mainchart.jpg
Read the summary. It was a wacky day.

But this is a day where it's probably best to take a mulligan and wait a day or so for things to settle down.

I just can't see the benefit of recent actions by the McCain camp. Who the hell is approving these things? Don't they have focus groups for this shit?

"I put all my money in weed. The price of weed Jay, never goes down."

I miss Wanda so much.
Someone give her a tv show.

Um... yeah.

So what has Fox news said about McCain's weirdness today? That channel is anathema to me...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
KibblesBits said:

I miss Wanda so much.

Um... yeah.

So what has Fox news said about McCain's weirdness today? That channel is anathema to me...

John McCain Maverick or Hero?

BOTH!

KibblesBits said:

I miss Wanda so much.

Um... yeah.

Sarah Palin: Too Smart for the White House?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
"Bush warns of 'long and painful recession'"

Wait wait wait, wasn't it a depression?

$700B to avoid a recession?

RubxQub

GhaleonEB said:
Hmmm. I'll have to ratchet back for this thread. Today was just so exciting
:lol, most of PoliGAF bows to your mammoth numbers. Consider it a badge of honor!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2008/09/chris-matthews-how-would-you-like-8.html

Chris Matthews was just on Rachel Maddow's show telling us what we already know: Every time something goes awry for Gramm-pa (the economic fiasco, for example), he pulls a showstopping, razzle-dazzle move: Choosing IWRC* Palin as a running mate, backing out of the debates, and so on, rather than dealing with things in a measured, consistent manner:

"How would you like 8 years of razzle-dazzle?... Obama's got a mission. What's McCain's mission? Razzle-dazzle."

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Freedom = $1.05 said:
I just can't see the benefit of recent actions by the McCain camp. Who the hell is approving these things? Don't they have focus groups for this shit?
The McCain campaign has a deadly fear of a respectable second place finish. Hence they are willing to do anything at all to change up the race, even if it is likely to hurt them

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
KibblesBits said:

I miss Wanda so much.

Um... yeah.

She is on the New Adventures of Old Christine. Good show too, I was actually surprised that I liked it.

RubxQub said:
PoliGAF Post Counts of Shame from Previous Thread:
  1. GhaleonEB 738
  2. Tamanon 713
  3. AniHawk 707
  4. speculawyer 554
  5. Stoney Mason 491
    [*]The Lamonster 389
  6. polyh3dron 382
  7. CharlieDigital 359
  8. Hitokage 328
  9. mckmas8808 328
  10. reilo 326
  11. Zeliard 320
  12. OuterWorldVoice 308
  13. Cloudy 296
  14. BenjaminBirdie 296
  15. lawblob 291
  16. artredis1980 273
  17. Fragamemnon 259
  18. PhoenixDark 255
  19. Cheebs 253
  20. Steve Youngblood 252
  21. gkrykewy 250
  22. Xisiqomelir 248
  23. Gaborn 244
  24. RubxQub 243
610x.jpg

AniHawk

artredis1980 said:
Breaking News ABC: Final Deal has been drafted, might be put through thursday afternoon

John McCain sure is one fast worker.

In all seriousness, does this mean no oversight and whatnot? Is this the big ol screwjob for the middle class and working class?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Holy shit at Letterman!! While he came off as a bit bitter, the footage with McCain on Couric is really telling of what his "suspending of the campaign" is really all about. Grandstanding.

Mumei

artredis1980 said:
Breaking News ABC: Final Deal has been drafted, might be put through thursday afternoon

If true, when should we expect the Republican noise machine to start giving credit to John McCain for putting Country First and saving us all? :lol

RubxQub

The Lamonster said:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09bBbL50GX0S8/610x.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Holy shit...I just realized you're "Lamonster"... the dude with the awesome super sonic avatar.

What gives?! I loved your old one :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
artredis1980 said:
It was a win-win situation in the first place for Obama so this is still good

Tobor

Mumei said:
If true, when should we expect the Republican noise machine to start giving credit to John McCain for putting Country First and saving us all? :lol

Tomorrow morning, of course.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know this will be in McCain's favor in the sense that people will say "Well if Bush had to address the nation I guess it is the right to do to put the campaign on hold so McCain can go and focus on the economy, must be really important." especially since Obama can't do much against this without making himself look like he's not taking "the problem" seriously enough.

EDIT:

artredis1980 said:

What? Well ok forget what I said! :lol

teiresias

Deus Ex Machina said:

H . . . O . . . L . . . Y . . . @#$%!!!!!!! :lol :lol

I swear, if the country gives McCain any kind of credit for his ridiculous behavior today I'll have lost all faith in humanity.

I mean, neither of them are on the relevant committees, so what the hell does he plan to do? He can be a talking head on the campaign trail just as easily as he can be one in Washington.

Onix said:
Still think its pathetic other parties aren't even invited.

The debate commission is run by the two major parties. There's no way third parties are getting in. It's a shame two, as Nader and Barr would have really interesting perspectives on the current economic situation.

Askani

artredis1980 said:

The site must be getting hammered...I can't even get the main page to fully load.

Edit: NVM, maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom