• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of toothless Hill-Billys (75,000 in Portland for OBAMA post #3599)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Power said:
Glenn Beck : "Open Your Eyes!! Obama is a radical leftist who is supported by terrorists!!"

"Don't meet with terrorists, KILL THEM!!"

350trt2.gif

Why does this guy have a show again?

The thing that really, really pisses me off about Beck is his whole "i'm not a republican i'm not a democrat i'm just an american fed up with bad leadership!" shtick. He's a right wing assfart who tries to hide it with some idiotic everyday-man facade. GTFO

Edit: this is disgusting. from what I understand these Palestinians in the video are not fucking terrorists, they just want peace.

Amir0x said:
No, I'm referring to the FIRE CHARLIE BLACK video.

It is the epitome of slimy political ads - trying to indict a candidate by association, with the cloak of high-grounded righteousness slung upon the shoulders of the ad maker.

Of course, this may be considered fair game by some... i just know these sort of things will only get worse from here.

Surely you're not serious? McCain is running as the reformist, get money out of politics anti-pork ,crusading champion of campaign finance who wants to "clean" the system yet is staffed to the eyes with lobbyists and lobbyists who have unsavory connections. This point should be drilled home every.single.day. McCain is all smoke and mirrors. This ad is perfect and the McCain camp knows damn well it's a problem thus their "revetting" scheme taking place right now. Two people have already been sacked. What's that total? About 6? This campaign is amateur hour.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Obama praising Portland for its mass-transit, alternate fuels, and bicycle happy culture. Nice.

Portland got about 8 lanes for street cars downtown, along with two lanes for the Max that goes from East to West. Now we are building a new Max line that goes from Vancouver, WA to most southern suburb of Portland.

Tamanon

Banned
Er....from First Read

From NBC's Mark Hudspeth
Per the Obama campaign, 75,000 people (60,000 in the gates and 15,000 outside of them) turned out in Portland to hear Obama speak there this afternoon -- making it the largest Obama crowd to date.

Duane Bray, the battalion chief with Portland Fire and Rescue, validated that crowd estimate, the campaign says.

JESUS!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
reilo said:
Obama praising Portland for its mass-transit, alternate fuels, and bicycle happy culture. Nice.

Portland got about 8 lanes for street cars downtown, along with two lanes for the Max that goes from East to West. Now we are building a new Max line that goes from Vancouver, WA to most southern suburb of Portland.

He's pandering :O

reilo

GhaleonEB said:
Holy shit. I debated heading downtown for the rally, but I hate getting stuck in traffic so I skipped it. Looks like it was a good idea.

0_o

Yeah, me too. Now I kinda regret but I found out about it too late.

Tamanon said:
Er....from First Read

From NBC's Mark Hudspeth
Per the Obama campaign, 75,000 people (60,000 in the gates and 15,000 outside of them) turned out in Portland to hear Obama speak there this afternoon -- making it the largest Obama crowd to date.

Duane Bray, the battalion chief with Portland Fire and Rescue, validated that crowd estimate, the campaign says.

JESUS!

No way!!!

I thought I would levy this question to those of you in this thread because you're the people who have been following these candidates thoroughly for months now.

Where is the "Obama is a Muslim!!!" argument coming from? Is there any legitimacy to it whatsoever or is it just the fear mongering of the Republican party?

reilo

WickedAngel said:
I thought I would levy this question to those of you in this thread because you're the people who have been following these candidates thoroughly for months now.

Where is the "Obama is a Muslim!!!" argument coming from? Is there any legitimacy to it whatsoever or is it just the fear mongering of the Republican party?

His middle name is Hussein and his father was a Muslim [a faith his father renounced before Obama was even born].

Sharp

WickedAngel said:

His last and middle names and his father's faith are pretty much the only facts contained within the rumors. The arguments are uniformly false.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Incognito said:
Surely you're not serious? McCain is running as the reformist, get money out of politics anti-pork ,crusading champion of campaign finance who wants to "clean" the system yet is staffed to the eyes with lobbyists and lobbyists who have unsavory connections. This point should be drilled home every.single.day. McCain is all smoke and mirrors. This ad is perfect and the McCain camp knows damn well it's a problem thus their "revetting" scheme taking place right now. Two people have already been sacked. What's that total? About 6? This campaign is amateur hour.

YES YES YES!!!!!! Obama himself needs to say this many times during his campaign.

GhaleonEB

Guts Of Thor said:
YES YES YES!!!!!! Obama himself needs to say this many times during his campaign.
"It appears that John McCain is very much a creature of Washington and one of the things that we've said from the outset of this campaign is that if we're gonna change policies, if we're gonna deliver on universal health care or have an energy policy that over the long term can bring down gas prices that we were gonna have to change how Washington works," Obama told reporters Sunday at an ice cream shop in Milwaukie, Ore.

"We can't have special interests dictating what's happening there and that's why I said at the beginning I wouldn't take PAC money and I wouldn't take money from federal lobbyists. And it does appear that over the last several weeks John McCain keeps on having problems with his top advisers being lobbyists, in some cases for foreign governments or other big interests that are doing business in Washington that I don't think represents the kind of change that the American people are looking for."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensm...ain_lobbyist_purge_also_spoke_to_Kennedy.html

McCain plays straight into the central theme of Obama's campaign like few other candidates could. I expect that he'll hammer McCain increasingly as this goes on.

And random thought of the day: his convention speech is going to be epic.

TDG

Banned
Tamanon said:
Holy shit.

GhaleonEB said:
And random thought of the day: his convention speech is going to be epic.
I was just thinking about that today. I can't wait. It's going to be fun to compare his undoubtedly awesome speech to the snooze-fest speech McCain will undoubtedly give.

reilo

Remember when CoolTrick argued with me that Hillary had a great shot at winning Oregon because the demographics [read: neighboring states] favored her?

:lol

reilo said:
Remember when CoolTrick argued with me that Hillary had a great shot at winning Oregon because the demographics [read: neighboring states] favored her?

:lol

Who does he think he is John King? Tell him to leave the political prognasticating and pontificating to the professionals.

Cheebs

Seeing how the estimated only 30k I would doubt they'd plan and place speakers in the far back of the 75k. What can those people see or hear?

TDG

Banned
Cheebs said:
Seeing how the estimated only 30k I would doubt they'd plan and place speakers in the far back of the 75k. What can those people see or hear?
They can feel the hope!
/obamania

Cherubae

Trakdown said:
75K, all standing outside in the Sun (well, except for that 4% that are somewhat in the shade) just to hear him speak. Wow.

And I bet about 65,000 of them are going to get sunburned. It's unusually hot today :p

I thought about going down, but I knew it was going to be crowded so I opted to stay home in the air conditioned house. If anyone is out there in this weather they must really be dedicated. Impressive to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom