• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators |OT| STILL AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

brandonh83 said:
well it's just like all these films Guillermo del Toro "directed" like The Orphanage, Splice, etc.

The worst example of this was when QT was helping get stuff released by Miramax in the States like Hero.

"QUENTIN TARANTINO PRESENTS "HERO", A MOVIE HE IN NO WAY WAS INVOLVED WITH, BUT LIKED. QUENTIN TARANTINO!"

Solo said:
The worst example of this was when QT was helping get stuff released by Miramax in the States like Hero.

"QUENTIN TARANTINO PRESENTS "HERO", A MOVIE HE IN NO WAY WAS INVOLVED WITH, BUT LIKED. QUENTIN TARANTINO!"

Those are very dfiferent cases from most producer roles, as those movies were completed before the names were attached in many cases.

In reality a producer is one of the most important people in the creation of a film, though sadly it's hard to say the true involvement of said producers nowadays.

Solo

BattleMonkey said:
Those are very dfiferent cases from most producer roles, as those movies were completed before the names were attached in many cases.

In reality a producer is one of the most important people in the creation of a film, though sadly it's hard to say the true involvement of said producers nowadays.

PRODUCER? Yes. Explicitly involved in the production - securing funding, getting the relevant crew in place, casting, scheduling, etc.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER? No. Put your name on the project, do nothing, and reap the rewards. Steven Spielberg is an exec prdoucer on the Transformers series. He has nothing to do with the movies at all aside from giving Bay some guidance on the first one.

I really hope this movie turns out alright. So far it looks like it should be pretty fun... But... time will tell.

As long as its better than the AVP movies.
Maybe I should have higher standards, because it could be better than those and still suck.
:lol

Solo said:
PRODUCER? Yes. Explicitly involved in the production - securing funding, getting the relevant crew in place, casting, scheduling, etc.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER? No. Put your name on the project, do nothing, and reap the rewards. Steven Spielberg is an exec prdoucer on the Transformers series. He has nothing to do with the movies at all aside from giving Bay some guidance on the first one.

Well yes, I'm talking about real producers, not "executive" nonsense. Rodriguez has been pretty hands on with this film at least from what we have seen with his talking up the film, it really seems he knows whats going on and directly invested in the decision making process unlike Spielberg who gets tossed around so much on movies with no actual involvement.

Solo

Well we're in agreement then. There is a reason why Best Picture at the Oscars goes to the producer.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I've really dug all of the promotional material I've seen from this film. The guys making it seem to have a firm grasp on what kind of film they want to make (a non-shitty film). I'm hoping for the best.

Not all that interested, but will end up seeing it because I'm too curious for my own good.

I hope Topher Grace is the first to go.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Will be watching this with my brothers when they come into town. So pumped! We watched the original I don't know how many times together.

Pakkidis

Wait what?! Topher Grace is in this too? This movie just keeps getting better and better!

that was sarcasm by the way

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Judging by how Topher Grace and Danny Trejo are almost entirely non-existent in the promo material, seems to me they're gonna die really quick.

weepy

Apoc29 said:
Topher Grace to be last man standing? Predators don't attack humans that don't pose a threat.

Heh. But is that entirely true? If I recall correctly, in the second film didn't a Predator rip the heart and/or fetus out of a pregnant woman on a subway train?

Mr. Sam

weepy said:
Heh. But is that entirely true? If I recall correctly, in the second film didn't a Predator rip the heart and/or fetus out of a pregnant woman on a subway train?

Nope, quite the opposite. He was preparing to kill her, realised she was with child and spared her.

weepy said:

The cop was pregnant, and even though armed he let her live.

weepy

Mr. Sam said:
Nope, quite the opposite. He was preparing to kill her, realised she was with child and spared her.

Oh, that's right...man it's been a while since I've seen that movie.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Munin said:
Don't be such an ignorant prick.

Antal is yet another promising foreign director who got Hollywood's attention with a strong debut that made international waves (Kontroll), then lured into Hollywood and presumably creatively ass-raped by execs on every subsequent movie he directed there so far.

What the fuck.

I actually liked Vacancy and Armored, i think they are solid flicks. What the hells is your problem mang

I imagine even if the movie was PG-13, there will be an inevitable Unrated/R-version DVD/Bluray.

I remember seeing a trailer on IGN that indicated it was PG-13, but I could be wrong. Might have been the preview I saw before Iron Man 2 in the theater.

Mr. Sam

Gooster said:
I imagine even if the movie was PG-13, there will be an inevitable Unrated/R-version DVD/Bluray.

Rodriguez claimed in EMPIRE that Fox are actively encouraging him to film extra "gory" scenes for a future unrated DVD.

Trejo's the only person in this cast that would actually belong in the old Predator film.

The rest are a bunch of pussahs. But I have faith in Brody, he can do anything he puts his mind to.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Discotheque said:
Trejo's the only person in this cast that would actually belong in the old Predator film.

The rest are a bunch of pussahs. But I have faith in Brody, he can do anything he puts his mind to.

They need to somehow get the whole cast of Expendables together again to make a new Predator movie. That's the only group that comes close to the original team.

Pimpwerx

Why? This is just getting retarded now. Can't anyone invest in a new fucking idea already? I lived through the 80's already. I got the tshirt and the box set. PEACE.

Mr. Sam said:
Predator 2's on C4 + 1 in the UK right now. This film's simultaneously better and worse than I remember.

P2 was awful. Worst "Lets bring the bad thing to NYC" since Jason Vorhees does NY or T-Rex goes to San Fran.

santouras

Solo said:

if QT didn't attach his well known, marketable name to Hero it wouldn't have been released in the states. That's a tradeoff I'm willing to accept for an excellent movie

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What's the point of this movie? I loved the first one and liked the 2nd one. But how did those prisoners get to the other "planet"? And for what? What's the actual point of this movie?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
mckmas8808 said:
What's the point of this movie? I loved the first one and liked the 2nd one. But how did those prisoners get to the other "planet"? And for what? What's the actual point of this movie?

Apparently the Predators are sick of hunting humans on Earth or... something?

Perhaps they wanted to study Adrien Brody's nose.

Monocle

Totally on board. Rock my face off, Rodriguez.
Yes, I know he's just the producer.

Solo said:
A bad movie by almost every means.
A bad poster by almost every means.

Movie of the forever, can't wait

There's a ton of spoilerific pictures on RottenTomatoes if anyone is interested, shows pictures of all the new Predator's in action and pics of a few of the cast getting killed. I'm not posting the link as I don't want to be responsible for ruining the movie for anyone that cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom