• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CFW & Homebrew: Scene Revived! -- morality arguments elsewhere

MMaRsu

Banned
I think they just cracked the DRM of the TB fixes.

Something that PropJOE posted though

Not sure if that's anything significant.

I don't understand this.. too much bitching in this goddamn scene! OMG HE SHOULDNT HAVE WENT OUT WITH THAT BLABLA.

test_account

XP-39C²
I don't understand this.. too much bitching in this goddamn scene! OMG HE SHOULDNT HAVE WENT OUT WITH THAT BLABLA.
Maybe hes jealous because now he has nothing to release himself ;) Just kidding hehe.

But seriously, i wonder why this matter, if they released everything now or waited to do it.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Naah there are still a few trublu games which havent been cracked, like Ghost recon future soldier.

spons

Gold Member
So according to ps3hax all True Blue eboots have been cracked for 3.55. Does this mean there will be no more game fixes? Did the group releasing these only manage to crack True Blue and not the actual keys?
What's strange is that according to DUPLEX Binary Domain needs firmware 3.73 and even though we don't have those keys the game has been cracked anyway. Anyone know the explanation for this?

N.A

Banned
It's safe to assume at least one scene group has higher keys (maybe only NPDRM) or has found an alternate method. The new SSX fix for example has versions 1.00, 1.02 and 1.03 all cracked and TB never did them.

Jal

Maybe hes jealous because now he has nothing to release himself ;) Just kidding hehe.

But seriously, i wonder why this matter, if they released everything now or waited to do it.

It's safe to assume at least one scene group has higher keys (maybe only NPDRM) or has found an alternate method. The new SSX fix for example has versions 1.00, 1.02 and 1.03 all cracked and TB never did them.

That's the way i read it, and he doesnt want Sony updating the DRM on update patches until they're all cracked or something like that.

PSN access is back, probably won't be for long.

fuckPsn 0.9c

I think this is GAF's little secret for now because when I went Google hunting no sites were talking about this except 1 Chinese forum.

And I asked this on the last page but since it got stuck at the bottom of the page I'll ask it again. What's good with Rebug? I've been reading a lot about it since one of my friends updated his CFW to it and I gotta know what's the risk from jumping from Kmeau to that?

test_account

XP-39C²
That's the way i read it, and he doesnt want Sony updating the DRM on update patches until they're all cracked or something like that.
But all the patches are available right now. Shouldnt be a problem to download them now before anything is potentially updated.

spons

Gold Member
Yep, english information is available on the ps3hax forums.

Time to update my trophies I guess.

N.A

Banned
I think this is GAF's little secret for now because when I went Google hunting no sites were talking about this except 1 Chinese forum.

And I asked this on the last page but since it got stuck at the bottom of the page I'll ask it again. What's good with Rebug? I've been reading a lot about it since one of my friends updated his CFW to it and I gotta know what's the risk from jumping from Kmeau to that?

Rebug really isn't worth it. It just enables a few debug options. There should be no risk if you want to try it out though.

spons

Gold Member
Alright, I'm going in. I'll update this post in a couple of minutes with my findings.

Edit 1: requested password reset, haven't got the mail yet. Might take a little longer.
Edit 2: it works! Syncing now. Not going to to anything else, not really up for a ban.

ss_lemonade

Other than through the xmb, is there a quicker alternative to deleting game data? Resistance 3 is unreal in this department. Its been over 30mins now and the delete process is still running wtf

Other than through the xmb, is there a quicker alternative to deleting game data? Resistance 3 is unreal in this department. Its been over 30mins now and the delete process is still running wtf
Resistance 3 game data takes up to 1 hour to delete! It's a problem with how insomniac did something with the game install, not Sony or your ps3. Don't restart your ps3. Wait it out. Happened to a lot of gaffers and you can Google it and you'll find similar stories. Average time is about 50 minutes or so. Trust me.

Although you made this post an hour ago so you either know this already and let it delete or shut down the ps3 and corrupted the data and or hard drive :p

Zephyrus

Banned
Don't really care about any of this other than the obvious reprecursions.

Hope this time around we don't get some obnoxious group hacking the psn again.

Multiman / select + start / dev_hdd0 / game / highlight game install / press circle and delete in one second

What is the standpoint of GAF on converting their retail units to developer units with the recently released CEX2DEX method?

I am quite interested to just play around a bit with a DEX unit, but I'm thinking this might fall under the "grey area".

Also, completely unrelated question:

Which arcade sticks will work with Retro Arch? I have one of the original MadCatz TE FightSticks, but I could never get it to work for PS2 games, so it's comparability with Retro Arch is in question.

When you say PSN works, that doesn't mean you can purchase games from the store, right?

That's all I care about as far as PSN is concerned. I don't play online and never cared for Trophies.

Hey guys, does a cfw PS3 have region free Bluray playback? I want to get some Region A blurays wich are very expensive in Europe (region b), I wondered if I can play them on my cfw European PS3?

An Kwaek you can. That's one of the main reasons I even wen the Homebrew route initially. Also if Blu-Ray's require an update. Just use a spoofer! You can turn the spoofer on and off easily. The spoofer makes the Blu-Ray think your on a higher firmware and will play it, as 3.55 firmware had all the necessary features.

The latest Underworld is a good example! Do not use a spoofer to try to open non 3.55 games, those need a fix.

I have used a Cfw 3.55 phat PS3 to watch my blurays on in the bedroom.

However, recently, I think I must have watched a bluray on it that blacklisted cfw 3.55 or something, because now every time I try and watch a bluray, even old ones that worked previously, I get a message telling me that my authentication keys are out of date and I need to perform a system update.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround?

Whoa this is scary... how that even possible?

I have used a Cfw 3.55 phat PS3 to watch my blurays on in the bedroom.

However, recently, I think I must have watched a bluray on it that blacklisted cfw 3.55 or something, because now every time I try and watch a bluray, even old ones that worked previously, I get a message telling me that my authentication keys are out of date and I need to perform a system update.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround?

Have you tried to see if a spoofer will fix this?

An Kwaek you can. That's one of the main reasons I even wen the Homebrew route initially. Also if Blu-Ray's require an update. Just use a spoofer! You can turn the spoofer on and off easily. The spoofer makes the Blu-Ray think your on a higher firmware and will play it, as 3.55 firmware had all the necessary features.

The latest Underworld is a good example! Do not use a spoofer to try to open non 3.55 games, those need a fix.

Oh thanks! Does it work on all cfws, like Rebug?

Gvaz

Banned
When you say PSN works, that doesn't mean you can purchase games from the store, right?

That's all I care about as far as PSN is concerned. I don't play online and never cared for Trophies.

I can't. I can only get things that don't require activation even with fuckpsn. I have a spoofer too. (you need a spoofer anyways or fuckpsn won't work right.)

And yes cfw 3.55 has NO region lock on blurays afaik.

Majmun

My System Sofware of my cfw Ps3 is Version 4.11, True Blue v2.7

How is this possible? Did I accidentally use a spoofer, or something? All the games and homebrew work fine. I thought only 3.55fw would allow homebrew.

Oh thanks! Does it work on all cfws, like Rebug?

From the spoofer I use that gave me additional Blu-Ray support...

SEN Enabler & Disabler [4.20]

This enable (4.20) or disable SEN access for your CFW, simply install *ONLY THE PKG FOR YOUR CFW* (CFW Kmeaw = PKG for Kmeaw) and run it in XMB, you will see the menu, first if you wish to continue choose "Yes" or if you wish exit to XMB choose "No".

It looks like Kmeaw only. I am sure there are spoofers for Rebug, I just prefer Kmeaw because I have already custom developed a few things for me.

Though spoofers are generally used for PSN access, they can be used for Blu-Rays. It's an uncommon fact, movies that check PS3's (generally Sony or Disney 3D movies) and ask that you update your firmware, will work flawlessly using a spoofer. It's something that many people would never think of when they run across it. I don't use a spoofer for PSN access, as I have a Sony firmware PS3 for my PSN pleasure.

No offense, but the "revived" in the title is kind of funny since it's been several months with only 5 pages.
I think you're confusing the scene with this thread. If you check the scene news sites you'll see that there's been a steady stream of releases since the "revival", it's just that most of them are for devs rather than end users and so not usually of much interest to most of the people who visit this thread. Only the really major end user developments tend to get posted in here (such as the fact that PSN access was just re-enabled for CFW machines).

i have to ask this. is there a way to downgrade from the current firmware to 3.55?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41553614&postcount=186

cacildo

Google this - F*ckPsn v0.9

Thanks for the answer. But (and its not just you) its funny how people say "its easy, its just ******" and then you say "oh joy! So if its easy then im gonna give it a try" and then BAHAGAJGSJ the damn thing is one fiery hell of dissapointment nothing works each new try gives you a different problem and so on and so on...

Nope. F*ckPsn v09, the only version i got from google, didnt work.

Top Bottom