• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Double Discount Sale US 40% Non Plus - 80% with PS+. Witcher 3, Hitman, Outlast 2

bronk

Banned
Hey guys I'm eyeing Steins gate 0, Root Letter, Shiness, Overcooked. Any one have any opinions on them? Thanks

sense

Man, meaning to buy grand kingdom for a long time and only the PS4 version is on sale :(. Maybe should buy it and do remote play like I did for persona!

autoduelist

How is Trackmania Turbo?

I'm specifically in the mood for a drifty arcade racer... think Burnout or NFS or Split/Second. I've never really been into cart racers with powerups [though Blur was fine, but that 'blurred' the line between racers and cart racers, I guess].

Oh, so all of those other MGS games are just for PS3 then. I forgot what console I was playing on.

Fucking lame.

I saw Silent Hill in the thumbnail and my heart skipped a beat for a second. Thought I could play it on ps4. :(

I should really buy back a ps3 at this point. I've gotta have like close to 30 games just sitting in my account that I can't even touch anymore.

Althane

Sooo does Darksiders 2 really melt you ps4, or have people been able to play it with minimal issues? Loved the first one on 360, and I want to play through the second game(I know its different from 1) before the 3rd one comes out.

Disclaimer: I have a PS4, not a pro, and it was Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (I do love that name).

The game ran between 10-20 FPS for me, slowing down fairly significantly during boss fights or fights with more than one enemy. I was able to do fine with rhythm and maintaining fight, but eventually the frame instability caused me to say fuck it and play it on my Steam Link instead.

I did not have any technical issues in the ~3 hours that I played the game on the PS4, asides from the horrid FPS.

Van Bur3n

I saw Silent Hill in the thumbnail and my heart skipped a beat for a second. Thought I could play it on ps4. :(

I should really buy back a ps3 at this point. I've gotta have like close to 30 games just sitting in my account that I can't even touch anymore.

Exactly what got me as well. I saw the MGS HD Collection, Castlevania, and Silent Hill on that 75% off tab on the store and it only took me to like four games that were not that.

Played me like a fiddle.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

If you mean the SH Collection, That PS3 version of Silent Hill 2/3 is a broken, graphically inferior mess. Stay far away from it. MGS Legacy Collection on the other hand is well polished and well made.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guys, SOMA or Amnesia?

You can, but you won't make any kind of progression. All the stuff you've already unlocked will be available to you but you won't be getting any EXP from doing challenges, etc unless you go online.

Well, good thing I didn't buy it. Thats bull crap.
People recommending this game need to include this as fine print lol

autoduelist

I would appreciate some help from ya'll.

I've got my head going in circles.

My cart has:

MGS5 - $10 (i played the demo and could see myself enjoying it)

Hitman - $23 (i have played bits and pieces of older ones, but am hesitant)

Amnesia - $9 (always wanted to play this, but... haven't been enjoying 'hide in closet' horror games lately... love Siren, but didn't even enjoy RE7 that everyone else did and never finished Soma or Alien)

Fairy Fencer F - $10 (like jrpgs, this seems to review well, but have serious backlog. On the 'plus' side, it's a -huge- discount)

Slyvio $3 - cheaper horror game

Trackmania Turbo - $15 (really want a racing game, but am not sure if this will scratch the NFS/Burnout itch or not)

Thing is... I really only want to spend around $20. I can stretch to hitman, but... I don't know.

I don't actually need any games right now (playing D*Souls, Nex Machina, and God Wars right now, plus a massive backlog).

I think its fucked that now that the Pro's boost mode supposedly makes Just Cause 3 playable its never on sale on PSN.

The fail with that game never ends.

Godcannon

And this too....ya hear?

DCxm23hXUAUfODJ.jpg

I did, and thank you. Great cooldown from Nex Machina,really like it so far.

tootie923

Picked up Amnesia Collection even though I played the first one for a few hours on my laptop. I think I'll wait for Outlast 2 to go down a bit, maybe $15. Some of those reviews weren't too hot.

I would appreciate some help from ya'll.

I've got my head going in circles.

My cart has:

MGS5 - $10 (i played the demo and could see myself enjoying it)

Hitman - $23 (i have played bits and pieces of older ones, but am hesitant)

Amnesia - $9 (always wanted to play this, but... haven't been enjoying 'hide in closet' horror games lately... love Siren, but didn't even enjoy RE7 that everyone else did and never finished Soma or Alien)

Fairy Fencer F - $10 (like jrpgs, this seems to review well, but have serious backlog. On the 'plus' side, it's a -huge- discount)

Slyvio $3 - cheaper horror game

Trackmania Turbo - $15 (really want a racing game, but am not sure if this will scratch the NFS/Burnout itch or not)

Thing is... I really only want to spend around $20. I can stretch to hitman, but... I don't know.

I don't actually need any games right now (playing D*Souls, Nex Machina, and God Wars right now, plus a massive backlog).

I say, if you've got a 20$ budget, Fairy Fencer F and MGS V could be your thing.

Though personally speaking, I found MGS V underwhelming and I played the original Fairy Fencer, which always felt a bit 'off' to me. It also has a cliché that annoys me, like one-shotting a boss only for the following cutscene that shows the party struggling to keep up.

Horror games make me wet the bed.

If it were up to me I'd stretch the dollar to Hitman. Awesome game.

Godcannon

How is Trackmania Turbo?

I'm specifically in the mood for a drifty arcade racer... think Burnout or NFS or Split/Second. I've never really been into cart racers with powerups [though Blur was fine, but that 'blurred' the line between racers and cart racers, I guess].

It has one major flaw. The tracks are about 30 seconds to a minute long. Unfortunately it gets old really fast.

Disclaimer: I have a PS4, not a pro, and it was Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (I do love that name).

The game ran between 10-20 FPS for me, slowing down fairly significantly during boss fights or fights with more than one enemy. I was able to do fine with rhythm and maintaining fight, but eventually the frame instability caused me to say fuck it and play it on my Steam Link instead.

I did not have any technical issues in the ~3 hours that I played the game on the PS4, asides from the horrid FPS.

I've been playing the 2nd one after getting it on the humble bundle a couple months ago. I do have a Pro and it seems to play fine on it for me. Only slowdown I've noticed has been during loading, outside of that.. so far, so good.

Jesus fuck, Hitman is GOOD.
Yep.

Buy this game people. There is some real creative genius to it, and some nice dark humor to go along with it.

Its ambitious with its gameplay and how much it asks the player to not only deconstruct its scenarios, but exploit them in devilishly clever ways.

Time to pick up 2064: Read Only Memories and Mortal Blitz.

Ugh, dammit missed the Oxenfree sale from yesterday since I didn't realize it was ending so soon.

//ARCANUM

So yesterday I bought The Witcher 3 for $19.99 on sale. Today that sale ends and now the complete edition is $24.99. Lol. Would much rather spend $5 and have the complete version.

So I contacted PSN and asked for a refund saying I want to buy the complete version. They were very nice and told me they'd process the refund (and put the funds in my wallet) and it would take 3-5 days. I haven't received an email or anything confirming this, and so far nothing has shown up in my wallet. In fact, it still shows I own The Witcher 3. (I deleted from my console, and had never even launched it.) Now, it's been less than a day so I'm not expecting the funds to show up yet.

But the sale is only for 7 days, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with PSN refund to your wallet. Is 3-5 days accurate? Should I have received an email after the chat?

Remk

It's pretty and the mystery is interesting but the protagonist is an asshole and the conclusion is lackluster. I enjoyed it and $9 would be a steal for what it is!

Not the most enthusiastic endorsement but I'll take it.

Cant be burned out that much at only $9 spent right?

How is Metal Gear Solid 4? Did it age well? I only played 1, 2 and GZ. Just bought Phantom Pain and was thinking about getting 4 as well.

RRockman

Banned
Love how the defintve experience for MGS 5 doesn't have that disgusting quote bloat the physical version does. Might buy that version on principle.

Pretty much guaranteed. We haven't had one this month yet, and next weekend is more July than June.

There's every chance there won't be one, really. The "Days of Play" sale was outside their usual sale window, so they could easily count that as June's Flash Sale.

I can see it going either way, won't know until Friday though I guess.

DeaDPo0L84

Is MGS:V worth $10? I'm aware of the somewhat sloppy story but I've made it through other MGS games fine. My concern was listening to a few reviews they say the world feels empty and you'll revisit locations quite a bit with your previous work basically being gone.

Gorillaz

Is MGS:V worth $10? I'm aware of the somewhat sloppy story but I've made it through other MGS games fine. My concern was listening to a few reviews they say the world feels empty and you'll revisit locations quite a bit with your previous work basically being gone.

MGS V has some of the best gameplay mechanics and controls of this gen. There is nothing that plays as smooth as it does.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Picked up Hitman. Looking forward to it.

Also picked up the Darksiders Remasters. Hear they're good, plus Pro supoort.

Annnd replaced my disc of BF4 with a digital copy.

Top Bottom