• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Double Discount Sale US 40% Non Plus - 80% with PS+. Witcher 3, Hitman, Outlast 2

StereoVsn

I say, if you've got a 20$ budget, Fairy Fencer F and MGS V could be your thing.

Though personally speaking, I found MGS V underwhelming and I played the original Fairy Fencer, which always felt a bit 'off' to me. It also has a cliché that annoys me, like one-shotting a boss only for the following cutscene that shows the party struggling to keep up.

Horror games make me wet the bed.

If it were up to me I'd stretch the dollar to Hitman. Awesome game.
I kind of liked Fairy Fencer on PC and the improved version for $10 isn't bad at all. MGS V certainly has a lot of options for just $10.

I basically have those two plus Steins;Gate in my cart.

StereoVsn

Hey guys I'm eyeing Steins gate 0, Root Letter, Shiness, Overcooked. Any one have any opinions on them? Thanks
You want to play the original Steins;Gate first (PC, PS3, Vita, iOS, not sure about Android). That one is the best VN I have played and has an excellent sci-fi story. Root Double is also a good sci-fi VN, no idea about Root Letter.

Disclaimer: I have a PS4, not a pro, and it was Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (I do love that name).

The game ran between 10-20 FPS for me, slowing down fairly significantly during boss fights or fights with more than one enemy. I was able to do fine with rhythm and maintaining fight, but eventually the frame instability caused me to say fuck it and play it on my Steam Link instead.

I did not have any technical issues in the ~3 hours that I played the game on the PS4, asides from the horrid FPS.

Yea I bought it and played for 2 hours on my Pro. Runs just fine for me so far and I'm enjoying it. Its different from the first one for sure, but it still feels like a DS game which I was afraid that it wouldn't. Death is an asshole lmao.

What's the correct order of playing/watching anime in terms of Steins;Gate?
The anime is an adaptation of the true route of the game. Steins;Gate 0 which is what is on sale is a direct continuation of the first SG.

The game has more content than the anime so if you have a chance to play the first, do so instead of watching the anime.

Poppyseed

The anime is an adaptation of the true route of the game. Steins;Gate 0 which is what is on sale is a direct continuation of the first SG.

The game has more content than the anime so if you have a chance to play the first, do so instead of watching the anime.

I have the first on PC and Vita. Wish I had it on iOS but the pricing is outrageous...

Toni

How long is the average Paragon match?

Less than 30 minutes for Co-op, and about from 30+ to 60 minutes on PVP.

The UI takes some getting used to, but its the best Moba I've played so far this gen. Its also fast paced as well.

The roster has pretty substabtial diversity of abities, but its good.

There some patches coming to balance out the quirks with some heroes though since some of them feel like they would benefit quite a bit from a patch. The animations are good though, and graphics are quite serviceable.

I have the physical disc version of Driveclub - I see that the Driveclub Playstation Plus/Season Pass Bundle is on sale. Probably a dumb question, but since the game has so much DLC, I just want to confirm that the disc version does not have ANY of the DLC.

lupinko

Is TDE a separate download or is it just GZ+TPP+DLC?

The way the NA packaging describes it is a new version but the JP equivalent makes it as just everything bundled together.

Quoting again for the new page.

I thought it was just a bundle but the PSN description makes it sound like it's something different:

"Once you have installed MGSV:TDE on your PlayStation®4 system and have imported your saved game data from the original MGSV:TPP, we recommend you only use the MGSV:TDE application to continue your Metal Gear journey. While the original MGSV:TPP is still playable, the saved game data will be overwritten by MGSV:TDE. This may cause problems when playing online.
*Please note, when switching from MGSV:TPP to MGSV:GZ, the game will ask if you want to quit MGSV:TPP and launch MGSV:GZ. This process will happen while in the MGSV:TDE application."

I bought Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Metal Gear Solid 4 and both Zone of the Enders games for PS3 and Metal Gear Solid V for PS4. I would get more but backlog is humongous as it is.

I have the physical disc version of Driveclub - I see that the Driveclub Playstation Plus/Season Pass Bundle is on sale. Probably a dumb question, but since the game has so much DLC, I just want to confirm that the disc version does not have ANY of the DLC.
The disc doesn't have any, there are some free items as DLC for everyone though.

If I didn't like Darksiders 1 much (never finished it) because the combat was kinda shallow and I don't generally like puzzle games, would I like 2 more? I heard that it expands on the combat and loot and I love both of those...

Edit: my bad for the double post, I need to sleep

Hitman is $34 AUD on the Aus PSN right now if you have PS+, regular price is $84.95...

I bought it yesterday and love what I've played so far. Blood Money is an all time favourite of mine but for some reason (the episodic format I think) I was able to resist buying this game till now, telling myself a good sale would come along at some point. Lo and behold, it has!

I've literally done the little tutorial mission thing so far, but spent about an hour messing around in the environment and getting a feel for the game. I can't wait to delve into it further.

Ancirawr

Hey guys I bought The Nonary Games and hoo shit those games are fuckin' gooooooood, y'all
So glad more people get to experience 999! I was tempted by the price to buy the collection but I want physical so I can loan it out to friends.

So far I've bought Crypt of the Necrodancer, Lego Harry Potter and Root Letter. Probably grabbing Hitman and Witcher 3 (finally) after payday on Friday. Really jazzed to play Witcher 3 and going in relatively blind.

joecanada

I wish the titles just said gta vice city - ps2 .

I mean for some titles like that it's obvious but others I'm like oh ps4 did they remake it ? I don't want any ps2 ports bought San Andreas and it's a mess

//ARCANUM

Never got a response so checking in on a new page to see if anyone has any idea about this. Thanks!

So yesterday I bought The Witcher 3 for $19.99 on sale. Today that sale ends and now the complete edition is $24.99. Lol. Would much rather spend $5 and have the complete version.

So I contacted PSN and asked for a refund saying I want to buy the complete version. They were very nice and told me they'd process the refund (and put the funds in my wallet) and it would take 3-5 days. I haven't received an email or anything confirming this, and so far nothing has shown up in my wallet. In fact, it still shows I own The Witcher 3. (I deleted from my console, and had never even launched it.) Now, it's been less than a day so I'm not expecting the funds to show up yet.

But the sale is only for 7 days, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with PSN refund to your wallet. Is 3-5 days accurate? Should I have received an email after the chat?

It's shameful how expensive Rockstar's games from 2 gens ago are. I re-bought them once on the PS3, so there's no fucking way I'm shelling out that money again to re-buy them for the PS4.

joe2187

Banned
PSN is starting a flash sale right now as well

Some listings have come up from CAG.com

Cross Buy

:ps4: :vita: Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX - $2.69 - 70% Off

:ps4: :vita: Curses 'N Chaos - $1.99 - 80% Off

:ps4: :vita: Dungeon Punks - $5.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Extreme Exorcism - $2.59 - 80% Off

PS4

Air Conflicts: Double Pack - $15.99 - 60% Off

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PS4 Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Alchemic Jousts - $4.49 - 70% Off

Art of Balance - $3.59 - 60% Off

Beach Buggy Racing - $3.99 - 60% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $14.99 - 70% Off

Cannon Brawl - $3.99 - 60% Off

Capsule Force - $0.99 - 80% Off

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - $7.99 - 60% Off

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition - $9.89 - 60% Off

Dead Island Definitive Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Drive Drive Drive - $6.99 - 65% Off

Ducati 90th Anniversary - $3.99 - 90% Off

F1 2015 - $11.99 - 70% Off

joe2187

Banned
Divekick is only 99 cents, if you don't have it by now, get on that.

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!! is also only $5 https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-max/cid=UP1024-PCSE00427_00-ARCANAHEART3LOVE

DDBEKUhWsAEHkKy.jpg

And SEGA is having a sale on all .........

PS3 Sonic games..... https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/f=^sonic|bucket~games:platform~ps3|

Jocund

Never got a response so checking in on a new page to see if anyone has any idea about this. Thanks!
I dug through my email history and yes, it does look like they send a confirmation, and it took about five days for them to send it. Unfortunately, the email also says to allow 2-4 weeks to allow the funds to be added to the wallet, so...

I'm not sure if it took longer or shorter than that, but it did go through eventually. I also know for a fact that I've gotten at least two refunds from them, but I can't find email record of the first. I hope this helps out some.

Resident Evil 5&6 are on sale but RE4 isn't, brutal.

I guess the theme is multiplayer game though, so it makes sense.

Edit: About the Sonic sale, there aren't any PS4 Sonic games anyway right? Aside from Mania that isn't out.

autoduelist

Aqua Kitty is an great Defender-ish game [Resogun-ish for you kids out there]. Obviously feels more indie than Resogun's fantastic polish, but the gameplay is there.

Don't only listen to gaf whining, MGSV is still a 9-10/10 game
lol

You can, but you won't make any kind of progression. All the stuff you've already unlocked will be available to you but you won't be getting any EXP from doing challenges, etc unless you go online.

I would call again

When I dealt with them my refund came back the same day :/

Bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance

wait is this on sale? lol

//ARCANUM

I dug through my email history and yes, it does look like they send a confirmation, and it took about five days for them to send it. Unfortunately, the email also says to allow 2-4 weeks to allow the funds to be added to the wallet, so...

I'm not sure if it took longer or shorter than that, but it did go through eventually. I also know for a fact that I've gotten at least two refunds from them, but I can't find email record of the first. I hope this helps out some.

Don't only listen to gaf whining, MGSV is still a 9-10/10 game
lol

I would call again

When I dealt with them my refund came back the same day :/

wait is this on sale? lol

Thanks for the responses! I actually got an email today, got the funds added to my wallet, and I purchased The Witcher 3 Complete Edition. Thanks! :)

Hi. Not sure where to post but I just got a code for dirt 4 giving 20% off. Not interested myself but will pass on if anyone wants it. UK.

Top Bottom