• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break UWP version never received DX11 update

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not talking about people who bought day one at launch, I'm talking about people still choosing to buy on the W10 store in full knowledge that all games released there only get patches that go through MS cert at a cost, unlike every other PC storefront in existence.

At some point you have to take personal responsibility for your choices.

e:
And that's ignoring the seperate issue of trivialising the meaning of Victim-blaming by applying it to a bad purchase.

I'm not sure who you think you're talking about. There's no question that almost any copies sold were sold at launch before any of this could've been known. The point is Microsoft are choosing to ignore their customers not that people should've predicted the future better.

Remedy and MS in the throes of a very messy quantum divorce? Real reason for UWP "VIP" treatment, right?

Yeah it seems like MS and Remedy are going through a rough split. I hope Remedy still makes single player campaign games though after all is said in done. Even in a smaller episodic form would be nice for them (and probably refreshing after the long dev on QB).

There's no defense of this shitty situation, but for what its worth I finished the game on a 970 @ 1440p with gSync without any problems 2 months after release when the UWP gSync patch was released, I'm sure lower cards though have massive problems that are better on steam. Sure, never went above 30 fps and the last chapter had lag problems but I did finish (played through twice to get 1k GS).

It woulda been cool for Remedy to work out a redemption system where if you log into a site, authenticate it against both your steam account and win10 store account, it would give you the steam version if you own the W10 one, once. Not a key, since people will resell that, but direct redemption to your account. I think other games have done that in the past but not sure.

Still, I'm pretty sure its Microsoft who doesn't want to pay to deal with the W10 version anymore, and it would be sucky for Remedy to spend thousands of their own money to do a patch for a game that is probably a massive money sink hole at this point. Just a bad situation overall and I feel bad for people who bought the W10 store version, especially at full retail. Microsoft should definitely give many of them a full refund so they can go get the steam version.

Top Bottom