• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rashid Confirmed for Street Fighter V

Sou Da

in retrospect, the SFIV newcomers were pretty bad. Juri is almost a cool design, but her hair is ludicrous.

i'm confident she'll end up in SF V, and hopefully we get an alt similar to this piece of concept art:

Exclusive only with the newest pair of Nikes.

Sayah

N8z6gCJ.jpg

11999773_10153707969007147_3115439580616423594_o.jpg

Ugggh..
It looks like somebody took a sharpie and colored in his facial hair. :/
But that aside, the character looks pretty fun to play.

Moaradin

in retrospect, the SFIV newcomers were pretty bad. Juri is almost a cool design, but her hair is ludicrous.

i'm confident she'll end up in SF V, and hopefully we get an alt similar to this piece of concept art:

eh I could do without the Faith knockoff. The final design is much better.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Isn't Ken actually a Japanese who dyes his hair blonde?

I was joking, but whatever he is according to his backstory, he looks completely White/European in every in-game representation I can think of.

No matter what his ethnic background, his eyes are stupid big. I get it that they're probably trying to convey the intensity of his character and fighting style, but he looks ridiculous in the VS portrait. I agree that he looks fine in action.

Ahhh ok that is better.
Ken looks abysmal in this game and Vega is not much better. Vega is supposed to be amazingly beautiful and Ken a stud yet they both look like shit. Probably the only downside of SFV for me thus far is how bad they botched both of those faces. Hopefully they go through more changes.

Clawww

I'm surprised they didn't give Vega more of a bishounen look if anything. I just don't really get his chunky ass face, nor Ken's really angular one

Momentary

Banned
Ken looks abysmal in this game and Vega is not much better. Vega is supposed to be amazingly beautiful and Ken a stud yet they both look like shit. Probably the only downside of SFV for me thus far is how bad they botched both of those faces. Hopefully they go through more changes.

In the newer gameplay footage it looks like they are working on Ken's face. It looks better to me. Also Vega looks like it's still progressing. Game still has MONTHS before it's even released.

My main concern is the music, UI, character select screen. A lot of stuff seems kind of place holder-ish and I really hope it is.

In the newer gameplay footage it looks like they are working on Ken's face. It looks better to me. Also Vega looks like it's still progressing. Game still has MONTHS before it's even released.

My main concern is the music, UI, character select screen. A lot of stuff seems kind of place holder-ish and I really hope it is.

Nah dude, that music is sick. The character select screen is also pretty rad too. UI is whatever for me.

Neoxon

Here's the large version of Rashid's moveset that I put in the OP. You can get a better look at the move names & the inputs.

COsoGzyUAAAAyCN.jpg:large

Neoxon

I know, right. Not many games so far from release get this much attention and hype over ever new bit of news. SFV is going to be massive.
I'm sure it will be.

Anyway, did anyone find some more Rashid gameplay or are we gonna have to wait until TGS for said footage?

poodaddy

No. Viper is awesome.

No he was right, she's the worst design in Street Fighter history. Literally El Fuerte over her,.....literally El Fuerte. Yes, she's that terrible. Rejected KOF concept art somehow made it's way into SF4 and became Viper. I imagine it's the same process that created Remy, who was also a truly terrible and derivative design.

Filth

No he was right, she's the worst design in Street Fighter history. Literally El Fuerte over her,.....literally El Fuerte. Yes, she's that terrible. Rejected KOF concept art somehow made it's way into SF4 and became Viper. I imagine it's the same process that created Remy, who was also a truly terrible and derivative design.

Nah viper > Mexican chef wrestler

Village

Nah son, viper is great.

Get a real job.

Skilletor

I still don't think it will sell as much as mkx though. Probably 50% of mkx total sales imo.

I guess that would depend on the split between xb1 and ps4 for mkx. Also have to take into account sf's worldwide appeal.

And then there's the fact that this won't need an update, ever, and will be treated as a service. Isn't likely to launch with a botched PC port, either.

Kusagari

Juri's hair, and really her design in general, is a homage to the best JoJo character so nope.

Mik317

Juri's hair, and really her design in general, is a homage to the best JoJo character so nope.

not to mention those other designs don't fit the final character. Juri entire design fits her actual personality...those other designs read as a more stoic character than the cray factory we have now.

Braag

Ken dyes his hair blonde. His hair is naturally black.

come on, don't make someone go through the effort of posting ken art and pics from over half a dozen games

Because that's how he has always looked like?

I played SF2 a lot as a kid. I didn't remember him having black eyebrows then also. So I stand corrected.
I guess his looks from SFIV are most fresh in my mind where he had slightly darker eyebrows but not completely black (or maybe I didn't pay enough attention).

Neoxon

I played SF2 a lot as a kid. I didn't remember him having black eyebrows then also. So I stand corrected.
I guess his looks from SFIV are most fresh in my mind where he had slightly darker eyebrows but not completely black (or maybe I didn't pay enough attention).
SFIV also messed up Ken's eye color. He has brow eyes in every game except SFIV, where they were blue. This was corrected in SFV.

American isn't a race, you ca be full on Japanese and be american.
It's just Japan's way of tip toeing around race relations since it's beyond fucked in America.
Some take this man's computer away.
R Mikas super is two half circles? And I thought the design was enough of a dealbreaker

720 is a shortcut.

Top Bottom