• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rashid Confirmed for Street Fighter V

LakeEarth

Wait, this isn't sarcasm?? Well. Just practice. Like everyone had to. The two 180's motion has been around forever.

IMO, it is one of the harder motions because you need to go through neutral which I have trouble with doing quickly. I'd rather her super be just a 360 + P like Alex's SA1 in 3rd Strike.

Is Rashid the first SF character with command normals out of a regular dash?
The lack of any significant news on the Smash 4 front is slowly killing the hype for the game, & I'm afraid that we're not gonna get any DLC news until at least October.
I'd love to be wrong.
I thought we were talking about pre-release.

Gren

To this day, I have no idea why Capcom never listed the correct, shorter way of doing 360s/720s in its movelists. Surely then less people would have had problems doing them (I was one).

Oh well, we have half-circles now so it doesn't matter much.

Neoxon

To this day, I have no idea why Capcom never listed the correct, shorter way of doing 360s/720s in its movelists. Surely then less people would have had problems doing them (I was one).

Capcom can still change Rainbow Mika's command for her Critical Art if there's enough outcry. Hell, they opened up the option of Vega being changed back into a charge character if we want him to.

Dinjoralo

Rashid looks a bit KOF-ish, what with his dodge roll, running in place of spot dashing, and just really nice maneuverability. I think I've found my main!

kirblar

Rashid looks a bit KOF-ish, what with his dodge roll, running in place of spot dashing, and just really nice maneuverability. I think I've found my main!
There seems to be a lot of KOF being used in certain characters (Ken's command run is another) - especially in how projectiles are being treated.

Mika's super is still a 540 if you do the full motion.

poodaddy

The problem here is that the term "KOF reject" is only an insult if you don't like KOF...

I love KOF's mechanics, but I think Street Fighter should have its own distinct style. As much as I think 3rd Strike is easily the best in the series, and will remain that way even after 5's release, I hate that it introduced the Japanese fashion industry inspired designs that permeate KOF so much. It works for KOF in a cheesy stylized kind of way, but I always saw Street Fighter as well....about fighting on streets. Characters like Guile, Cody, Ryu, Sagat, Hugo, Zangief, Sakura, Chun Li, Cammy, and Charlie epitomize what I see as the "Street Fighter" style: street level bad asses who couldn't give less than a shit about "who" they're wearing, just who's ass they're about to kick and how. But then again I have immense disdain for anything considered "stylish," so perhaps I should take into account that a lot of people are quite interested in fashionable things. With that being said, if you're into trendy and stylish stuff, then I can see the appeal of Viper.....though it pains me to admit that.

What are they? I've never seen them.

poodaddy

Some take this man's computer away.

I think you meant someone, but the sentiment traveled nonetheless. I feel differently than you, no reason to get defensive. I despise Viper in every conceivable way, but a lot of people are disliking this new character's design whereas I quite like it. We can't all agree on character designs, but hell at least we can all just agree on loving Street Fighter. Here's to fighting games; bringing people together for both internet and local hostility for.....well......the majority of my life! :D

NEO0MJ

I love KOF's mechanics, but I think Street Fighter should have its own distinct style. As much as I think 3rd Strike is easily the best in the series, and will remain that way even after 5's release, I hate that it introduced the Japanese fashion industry inspired designs that permeate KOF so much. It works for KOF in a cheesy stylized kind of way, but I always saw Street Fighter as well....about fighting on streets. Characters like Guile, Cody, Ryu, Sagat, Hugo, Zangief, Sakura, Chun Li, Cammy, and Charlie epitomize what I see as the "Street Fighter" style

I agree with most but not Chun-Li. I always thought her outfiit was pretty fashionable, especially in newer games.

Producer

Viper looks good in mvc3. I bet she would look great in SF5. Another character i think would transition really well to SF5 is Oro.

poodaddy

I agree with most but not Chun-Li. I always thought her outfiit was pretty fashionable, especially in newer games.

You're probably right, admittedly I know nothing about what's fashionable for the Chinese. It is a pretty elegant outfit huh? For some reason I was thinking that was just a Chinese fighting garb of some type, but now that I think of it that's pretty silly of me. So I was wrong about Chun Li, thanks for pointing that out :)

Sayad

I think you meant someone, but the sentiment traveled nonetheless. I feel differently than you, no reason to get defensive. I despise Viper in every conceivable way, but a lot of people are disliking this new character's design whereas I quite like it. We can't all agree on character designs, but hell at least we can all just agree on loving Street Fighter. Here's to fighting games; bringing people together for both internet and local hostility for.....well......the majority of my life! :D
I agree with C-Viper outfit being awful, but I never saw it as a KoF style of casual clothing. ie, she's not just wearing a suit, she's wearing a secret agent outfit, which is pretty much inline with what the characters you listed in your other post are wearing. Secret ~CIA agent wearing a suit is very SF style of clothing.

Gren

What are they? I've never seen them.

You only need do 270s, like this:
360-Piledriver-Motion-Perceived-Actual.jpg

Likewise, you can do the super variant by doing 540s.

I only found out the real way by word of mouth, and was like "why would they (Capcom) do that?" Doing the move as they listed it was almost impossible for me outside of doing a jump (didn't know about buffering inside of normals then either).

NEO0MJ

You're probably right, admittedly I know nothing about what's fashionable for the Chinese. It is a pretty elegant outfit huh? For some reason I was thinking that was just a Chinese fighting garb of some type, but now that I think of it that's pretty silly of me. So I was wrong about Chun Li, thanks for pointing that out :)

On the other hand though she's wearing those cuffs and boots so it's not 100% a fancy outfit.

poodaddy

On the other hand though she's wearing those cuffs and boots so it's not 100% a fancy outfit.
True ....we'll just settle for saying Ms. Li is simply an elegantly but pragmatically attired bad ass who looks primed and ready for either an upscale establishment or a back alley brawl. Strongest woman in the world indeed ;)

Bleep

It's why the change to 180s and 540s ultimately isn't that big a deal- they were pretty close to that anyway.

Including a jumping direction in a motion means that you have to either commit to the move or jumping if you input the motion. Changing Zangief's SPD to a 180 in SF2 would affect how people use the move, but given that all throws have whiff animations in modern fighting games it's not as important. It does mean that you no longer have to choose from a jump or executing the move now. I'm totally down with simplifying inputs, but some motions did have interesting side effects.

I cannot exactly nail down what it is, but Rashids design kind of completely annoys me.

Plus his general style reminding me of El Fuerte doesn't help.

This game is kind of shaping up weird, lately...

I only found out the real way by word of mouth, and was like "why would they (Capcom) do that?" Doing the move as they listed it was almost impossible for me outside of doing a jump (didn't know about buffering inside of normals then either).
Thanks!!!

BadWolf

Some might complain now but I don't think anyone will care that 360s are gone soon after the game releases, not to mention you can still do them if you want.

Skilletor

Alex only had one 360, for a super. He's definitely not the litmus test. I doubt hyper bomb would be his critical art if he makes it in.

88random

360-Piledriver-Motion-Perceived-Actual.jpg

I thought this was the common knowledge. You just need to hit four directions and diagonal counts as left-up counts as up. But I'm a keyboard player and I always did > v < ^, which is a 270, so it was probably easier for me to figure it out.

Bob White

Yellow/gold ult should have been default.

And is it so hard for capcom to use a quick 3 seconds in the reveal trailer to show his fucking buttons? Watching these new guys play and it's just painful to watch trying to find a normal button press during the flail of specials and jumps. And no wonder new players head into the games trying to learn specials for hours and hours while never checking on their footies tools. The fucking trailer showed I think, 2 normal moves and everything else was combos and specials.

Top Bottom