• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rashid Confirmed for Street Fighter V

jediyoshi

1441974423923.jpg

Insert dragon ball joke here.

mirror because 4chan

ctJiYHy.png

Fitts

Was hoping for Cody but oh well. Still hyped for new characters. Will see what he's all about when the reveal trailer is officially posted.

roknin

I'm not sure, but it was definitely before lots of children posted "Ink can't melt steel beams" on Splatoon.

I hope so! Probably right?

I can't imagine it NOT being Juri, unless like Akuma, she's being saved for DLC.

Which I still think is the case for Akuma, btw. :p

What, where is that from?
The roster is color coded, and a Gamespot interview said that there are 8 classic/expected SF characters and 4 that we haven't seen in a while (not in SF4).

Well necali, rufus, even birdie are weird as shit but the reason why I said this guy doesnt fit SF is that his design is too clean, white robe and turban and all. Just a regular ol dude with a funny eye piece.
Looks like his tech suit and personality might make up for it.

Both Street fighter and ps4 are so popular here. This character will get mained by a lot of people in UAE, Kuwait and Saudi I'm sure.

The character design looks amazing.

Kain

Indeed, tis' true.

Wondering if SF4 is going to have that same cycle in a year or so after SFV's release.

I can see Juri returning very easily (please redesign her a bit, Capcom), but the rest... at most I could see Abel, but well, time will tell.

Neoxon

so going by both leaked/rumour lists we have

Zen (New)
Laura(New)
Karin
Urien
Alex

to be revealed right?
Zen & Laura were in the Ken Bogard leak, so they're guaranteed. The other 3 are up in the air since we don't know if the Siliconera leak is 100% valid, yet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If I take anything away from this new (blurry) trailer apart from liking Rashid's design, is that the lack of new stages is getting to absurd levels at this point.

I mean, another character reveal that takes place on the Hong Kong and Waterfall stages? No desert stage for a newcomer like Rashid? They really need to crank up production on stages, else this game will fall flat on its face in terms of its overall presentation regardless of how well the characters themselves look and play imo.

With the short amount of time between reveals, I don't think it really matters. They're showing new builds constantly, and just dumping the character into what's there, and letting it run seems to be why they're able to show so much, so often.

I really DO hope the full game has great stages (as an SNK fan, I LOVE awesome stages almost as much as characters), but I could see locations and other traits (like day and night cycles between rounds, or story-specific elements within the stages) holding back the introduction of more stages until a later time.

I DO wish Capcom would return to a time where stages, characters, and themes were a constant package. It's something I wish fighters never let go of. I'd take the contribution of good stages and character-specific intros as "story" content above dedicated single-play Story modes personally...

Well necali, rufus, even birdie are weird as shit but the reason why I said this guy doesnt fit SF is that his design is too clean, white robe and turban and all. Just a regular ol dude with a funny eye piece.
Yeah, dudes simply dressed in all white can't be Street Fighters....

Sorry Ryu.

Village

A bunch street fighter folks are regular dudes.

Top Bottom