• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends | Come join Gummb Luther King Jr.'s Social Movement | Info Inside

Malvingt2

Exactly.

The game is still coming to the Wii U. It's not like Ubisoft cancelled that version. (At least I hope they don't, or we'll have another NBA Jam on our hands.)

In fact, you should be happy Ubisoft didn't cancel the Wii U version outright. Yes it's a seven month delay for nothing, but it could be A LOT WORSE.

(Like the fact that the game is being sent to die...)

lol.. ok

If you care this much about the game, you're going to buy it no matter what, so why would Ubisoft give a fuck about what you think?

Or is this coming from some place other than a deep love of Rayman?

The delay wouldn't have bothered me had it not been delayed TWO FUCKING WEEKS before the game came out. The multiplatform announcement was great, but the delay a mere two weeks before the Wii U version came out is pretty ridiculous.

If this delay came a month or two ago, I wouldn't have cared. But shops were ready to receive shipments and people who preordered it were getting ready.

Shit is unreal. But I still laugh at this "social movement." It sucks, but I have other things to do than freak out over Rayman's delay.

Roto13

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to realize that many, many people bought a Wii U at least partially for this game. It was close enough to release that buying a system for it wasn't at all unreasonable. (Unlike people who bought a PS3 for FF Versus XIII.) The multiplatform thing isn't a problem. That happens all the time. The problem is that this game was supposed to be an important part of the Wii U's early library, and it would be if Ubisoft hadn't decided to delay it for no good reason. The game is done. Just release it.

If you care this much about the game, you're going to buy it no matter what, so why would Ubisoft give a fuck about what you think?

Yeah, I think I agree. I'll get the game in September. The delay is annoying but I don't think ubisoft will change their mind about this.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Well yeah, it's being release in September, near Fall, where the Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and every other big games are being released. I mean Christ, GTA V is being released the same month.

Origins didn't exactly sold well IIRC, I can't see this one doing any better.

I'm starting to think this whole thing is just a viral marketing stunt from Ubisoft.

I mean, the first game bombed hard and there's no way the sequel would have gotten half the attention it's getting now, had it been released as planned.

Either way, too much fuss about some niche game. Just don't buy it so Ubisoft don't get your money for treating their customers like idiots.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
This is gummb.

I'm not entirely sure what my name entails, but if it means providing information to others who want it, then I'm wholeheartedly happy with that.

If anything, this thread will continue the discorse on whether the business practices Ubisoft has displayed are acceptable and worth a response from fans or not. I'm inclined to believe that delaying a game for 7 months only 2 weeks from release is wrong, and Ubisoft should have been upfront about it the entire time if this was a possibility.

Glass Joe

They are doing the simultaneous launch so they can maximize marketing effect. Delays happen and it's not even a long one.

7 months when the game is done is pretty long, man. Especially when the delay was announced 3 weeks to launch. And the reason for the delay doesn't happen to sit right to many, either.

Do all marketing in Sept. Nintendo already provided plenty of that for free and no more is required for the U sku by UBI.

Malvingt2

Well yeah, it's being release in September, near Fall, where the Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and every other big games are being released.

Origins didn't exactly sold well IIRC, I can't see this one doing any better.

I know, do not take my comment as I didn't know what you were talking about is that, it is funny that Ubisoft do not see it that way..

Or is this coming from some place other than a deep love of Rayman?
Because people bought a Wii U on launch/near launch window to play this game, then delayed for 6 months in a starved console?

DaBuddaDa

And this folks is why I don't buy a console for a game that isn't out yet.

True. Buying consoles based on promises (not sure if that's even the correct word...) is setting yourself up for disappointment. Rayman Legends isn't the first example of this and won't be the last. I'm saddened that so many feel so upset about this. I wish we could just focus on the game itself, which I'm sure will be fantastic, whether or not it's out in two weeks, or September, or five years from now. I would understand the sentiment better if it was flat out cancelled for Wii U.

GTAV coming September 17th

Now say late August this year Rockstar says it will delay the PS360 versions 7 months so they can launch the Wii U version at the same time.

Not for PS4 or any Next Gen or PC no the delay is just for the Wii U port but the game is finished.

the same adult men who are calling us silly for wanting Ubisoft to release Rayman Legends as promised would be posting very angry rage all over the net.

So please shut up and allow people to ask Ubisoft for what they care about.

I'm starting to think this whole thing is just a viral marketing stunt from Ubisoft.

I mean, the first game bombed hard and there's no way the sequel would have gotten half the attention it's getting now, had it been released as planned.

Either way, too much fuss about some niche game. Just don't buy it so Ubisoft don't get your money for treating their customers like idiots.

The second game will bomb hard as well; it sold just nicely on PS360 after its price got cut to 20$. The same period of GTA? lol

JDSN

Banned
Im glad to see the usually strict and absolute rules on thread whinning dont count for this thread.

Ill buy the game for cheap for $10 at january. Signed.

Nestunt

One thing that I do not understand is the fact that they are doing this to sell the game simultaneously

in September... month of sports games, GTA

and its Rayman

not a consumer's priority

so it would be smart for them to launch it now for the Wii U (probably the only decent exclusive for a large amount of months)

market the hell out of the visuals, the kid vibe, the wii name

attach it to the nintendo brand

and suddenly you have a game that matters

and by releasing it in other consoles in September maybe you would sell more copies just for that factor of "this nintendo console has a pretty nice game ... I want that ... but I cant afford a new one because I am waiting for the new Playstation or whatever"

Honey Bunny

Because people bought a Wii U on launch/near launch window to play this game, then delayed for 6 months in a starved console?

People buying a new console for one unreleased game? A 'starved console' with barely any games announced for release in the near future?

Definitely Ubisoft at fault here.

The second game will bomb hard as well; it sold just nicely on PS360 after its price got cut to 20$. The same period of GTA? lol

Rayman Legends had the potential to become a big Wii U hit by Wii U standards, as well, for the starved Wii U owners. It wouldn't have sold ridiculous Mario levels, but I could see it selling over 100k altogether for its first couple of weeks (which sure as shit was better than Origins) if it had decent marketing.

Now the Wii U version is fucked, as well as the PS3/360 versions. Getting released around the time Nintendo's products are coming out, along with the holiday rush?

Fucking unbelievably stupid.

Malvingt2

The irony here is striking.

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

DaBoss

So you were only going to buy it because it was a WiiU exclusive?

It´s so fucking hilarious that people say fuck Ubisoft i won´t buy the game anymore because it became multiplatform.

It seems like he means he would rather buy other games at that point of time.

GTAV coming September 17th

Now say late August this year Rockstar says it will delay the PS360 versions 7 months so they can launch the Wii U version at the same time.

Not for PS4 or any Next Gen or PC no the delay is just for the Wii U port but the game is finished.

the same adult men who are calling us silly for wanting Ubisoft to release Rayman Legends as promise would be posting very angry rage all over the net.

So please shut up and allow people to ask Ubisoft for what they care about.

This is true.

Why doesn't the contact information include Nintendo? It's their platform and they should be trying to convince developers/publishers to give it the best support.

It´s so fucking hilarious that people say fuck Ubisoft i won´t buy the game anymore because it became multiplatform.

You're so delusional if you think people aren't buying this anymore because it's multiplatform.

It has nothing to do with it being multiplatform. By the time in releases in September, the biggest games of the year will be coming out, and Rayman will get lost in the shuffle.

Rayman Legends had the potential to become a big Wii U hit by Wii U standards, as well, for the starved Wii U owners. It wouldn't have sold ridiculous Mario levels, but I could see it selling over 100k altogether for its first couple of weeks (which sure as shit was better than Origins) if it had decent marketing.

Now the Wii U version is fucked, as well as the PS3/360 versions. Getting released around the time Nintendo's products are coming out, along with the holiday rush?

Fucking unbelievably stupid.

I bet Ubisoft is reading this thread right now, looking to make new hires after their so-called human rights violations.

You're at the top of the list I bet.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

It's even more hilarious how knee-jerk trolls in this thread don't bother to inform themselves what people are angry about before posting their low-brow trolling.

As shitty and moronic as Ubisoft's decision here is, I don't think a barren Wii U release schedule is their burden to carry. They're worthy of scorn for this delay whether we were drowning in Wii U games or not, but this seems less about "we want to play Rayman right fucking now" and more about "now I can't justify my ill-advised £300 purchase".

Get mad about the fucking developers who are getting screwed over. Montpelier deserve better than to release when GTAV is clogging the channels.

DaBuddaDa

It has nothing to do with it being multiplatform. By the time in releases in September, the biggest games of the year will be coming out, and Rayman will get lost in the shuffle.

How does that affect you? If it gets lost in "the shuffle," then so be it. You still have Rayman Legends and it's glorious.

DaBoss

Your nonsensical whining about Ubisoft business practices. The OP and his WiiU human rights.

It wasn't nonsensical, there was rationalization behind the post, and there is no mention of human rights in the OP. Please try again.

No, he does not. People who wanted to buy the game, buy the game regardless. This is not the first delay that ever happened. It just hurt some people´s feeling that RL is going mulltiplatform.

No people don't. If one game has more attention to a person than another game, then the person will buy the game that he/she has more interest in.

It seems like he means he would rather buy other games at that point of time.

No, he does not. People who wanted to buy the game, buy the game regardless. This is not the first delay that ever happened. It just hurt some people´s feeling that RL is going mulltiplatform.

How does that affect you? If it gets lost in "the shuffle," then so be it. You still have Rayman Legends and it's glorious.

Because the only reason I had Rayman Legends preordered was because January-March are absolute shit for gaming and there was nothing coming out for any systems (and the fact that I got it for $26).

Now that it's being released in the months were a ton of games are coming out? I'll probably put my money towards something else. Otherwise, it'll just be one of those games that I "buy" but never bother opening because so many other games I'm more interested in are coming out.

Did you read my post or not? I already said why Im not going to buy it in the fall.

The original release date is in the middle of a schorching drought. Of course the delay will affect purchase decisions.

Exactly!

Top Bottom